Sprained my ankle :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
    My friend has looked at it and says its not broken just a severe sprain or torn ligament.....

..... I darent go outside as its still so icy out there....

...I hate depending on anyone - I would much prefer to be helping other people....

What I want to know is; how on earth has Sarzwix managed all these weeks (or is it months now) - hats off to you girl - you deserve a medal - I am fed up and its only been 24 hours AND I can still hobble - just!

What is your friend? A physio? Although they may be right, I would still want to have an x-ray. And if it turns out you need physio, you'll already be in the system rather than waiting for the GP to sort it out later. Plus you'll get sorted out with the right sort of support for it, and know what it's safe to do or not do.

I think you're right not to go out when it's still slippy - a weakness in one ankle will compromise your balance for sure!

I know what you mean about not wanting to depend on anyone, but... Sorry if this seems harsh, but you've got to just get over yourself!! Accept that there's stuff you can't do for a while, and give in with good grace! It will give you a different outlook towards the people who you are usually helping

As for me, it's been nearly 9 weeks now. And I've been to demented and back again several times! I've got an x-ray tomorrow, but I'm prepared for another set-back - I stumbled and stood down on it the other day and lots of bruising came up behind the ankle knobbly bits the day after so I'm fairly sure it's not right yet!

Sorry to hear about your OHs pay cut, but, if we'd waited til we could 'afford' our kids, we wouldn't have any! Probably, if it's a bad time to do it, then it'll all go swimmingly Get the law of sod on your side

Comment

How's the ankle doing Tammy?
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        What is your friend? A physio? Although they may be right, I would still want to have an x-ray. And if it turns out you need physio, you'll already be in the system rather than waiting for the GP to sort it out later. Plus you'll get sorted out with the right sort of support for it, and know what it's safe to do or not do.
        Have to agree - even if she was a Doctor, you simply cannot diagnose no fracture without an X-ray and even then it sometimes takes a few days to show on the film. Because I was already in the system from my riding accident, physio was arranged within 2 weeks of me seeing my GP. When I had physio on my shoulder (also poxy horses!!), I was waiting 6 months, by which point there really WAS no point!!

Hope it's feeling less painful. Take it easy.

Comment

'scuse me missy but you haven't updated us as to your ankle - HOW IS IT DOING?
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Thanks for all your concern. I am well and truly on the mend. The ankle doesnt give me any pain now but I can feel it is on the weak side and so am being careful not to make it "go" again. Kids been keeping me busy but hope to get on here tomorrow. Love you all loads.

Tammy
            Tammy x x x x
            Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

That's good news

Better cancel the dance classes and ice skating lessons for a while though

Comment

Glad to hear it's feeling better..... hope things work out for the trying bit too. {{{hugs}}} in that department, I know how upsetting the miscarriages are.... After OH's last one I was a wreck for about 3 months. SO fingers, toes and anything else I can cross crossed for you...
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X