No announcement yet.

So where's all this snow then?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard on the news this morning that this amount of snow will not fall, theoretically for another 80 years?

Hard to imagine someone being born now will never see weather like this until they're 80!

And most of us online will never see it again!

That's asuming the big fella upstairs doesn't put the kybosh on things of course!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      That's the way to do it!
      YouTube - Train Snow Plowing 2
      makes you think .... even the underground stopped in london... go figure!
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

We had about 4 inches in places round us (work had hardly anything - typical) by Monday, but after today's rain there's nothing left (sniff sniff). A supplier of ours up in Warwickshire was telling me that quite a bit had fallen last night Jacob and Miffy, hope its not causing you too many problems. We're only forecast for a bit of sleet tomorrow.

Comment

Ours was melting yesterday and disappearing, albeit slowly.

Today it's snowing for England, and settling! Yipeeeeeee!

Sorry, but I love snow!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Woke up this morning and it appears to be here!
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Let it snow, let it snow,let it snow!!
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

We had a little bit more the other night, but it's all melting again! Was hoping for loads so we would get a day off work to go and play in it!
                http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's just stopped snowing here. We have had about 7 inches down here in Swindon. All schools closed, roads are closed. Managed to get to ASDA this morning (4x4). Road are deserted as was ASDA Brought a whole new experience to the weekly shop, most isles to ourselves. I think we are in for abit more snow,but tonight temperature is due to drop to -5 so Swindon will be like the inside of an igoo tomorrow.
                  Weather for us is that things should brighten up Saturday afternoon, but will be really cold. Snow again for Monday. Still had two days off work.
                  http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

My SIL lives near Wellington- and they're snowed in completely!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

no snow here!! Some on the hills behind us but not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Herbie View Post
                        It's just stopped snowing here. We have had about 7 inches down here in Swindon. All schools closed, roads are closed. Managed to get to ASDA this morning (4x4). Road are deserted as was ASDA Brought a whole new experience to the weekly shop, most isles to ourselves. I think we are in for abit more snow,but tonight temperature is due to drop to -5 so Swindon will be like the inside of an igoo tomorrow.
                        Weather for us is that things should brighten up Saturday afternoon, but will be really cold. Snow again for Monday. Still had two days off work.
                        Exactly the same here,, although schools were open although they knew the forecast,, kept mine at home,, glad I did, as some can not leave the school at present. currently blizzard conditions here.

Comment

Took me twice as long to walk to pick my son up. I was slipping and sliding inthe 'slush' The slush is seveal inches deep now. Yuk.

I must have looked a rght sight, waddling along, terrified I was going to fall over.

I find it impossible to walk normally on snow, ice or slush as have a morbid fear of falling on my a**.

If it now freezes overnight it will be LETHAL tomorrow and I am not leaving the house til it's all gone. Have told OH who doesn't waddle like me on it that if it's like this on Monday he is doing the school waddle. No arguing.

Comment

No snow here in Glasgow
                            http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

It's all in Somerset

Feels like it anyway. So much snow on the netting over the chicken run it snapped the uprights.

Looked as if i was going through an assault course to let the girls out today, then they took one look at it all and disappeared back inside. Ungrateful or what!!
                              Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X