Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed grill (pork chop, bacon steak and sossies) with oven roasted king edward wedges done in goose fat and roast carrots and onions.

Afters will be a bit of christmas pudding with brandy sauce (leftover from last night)
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

you have a health grill don't you ?,, well I do and they are great

Comment

Masoor dhal with naan bread - gonna make the tarka with some hot chillis!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Chillimad View Post
          you have a health grill don't you ?,, well I do and they are great
          Yes I do but not using it tonight - it is all going in the oven on a rack (I will be off collecting Madmax from work while it is cooking so can't stand over it)
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

We have had an invented Greek Lamb dish, basically a moussaka recipe made with diced lamb and plenty of cinnamon, slow cooked for about 3 hours and served with wild rice. It was delicious so we'll be doing that one again! We're now munching on home-made ginger biscuits with the last of PWs crystalised ginger in. Yummy!

Comment

Why does everyone's dinner sound so much nicer than ours.. we had sausage and mash and baked beans! Pure comfort food in the cold!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                Why does everyone's dinner sound so much nicer than ours.. we had sausage and mash and baked beans! Pure comfort food in the cold!
                Beans beans they're good for your heart, they make you smart and they make u fart! LOL
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I am unbearably smug!

I've made a cottage pie which includes:
                  home grown red onion
                  home grown garlic
                  home grown beans (beans to make it stretch)
                  topped with home grown potato
                  served with
                  home grown leeks
                  home grown red brussels sprouts tops
                  home grown red cabbage

followed by a clementine - which is not home grown.

I love my plot!

Comment

We all eat really well don't we? It all sounds lovely.We are going to have chicken casserole with dumplings( own recipe just bung it in and see)-it smells lovely,should be ready about 8.30 and will be washed down with a nice glass of Shiraz!
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                      Beans beans they're good for your heart, they make you smart and they make u fart! LOL
                      lol, haven't heard that since I was at school... tooo many years ago!

My son must be the only 4 year old in the world who doesn't like mash potato or beans. He had garlic bread with his.

Comment

We had cheese and onion risotto, with a veggie burgher and a piece of very wicked crumble cheesecake, lovely comfort food for the cold weather.
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                          gonna make the tarka with some hot chillis!
                          I've never had otter, does it taste like chicken?

Comment

Depends whether it has the same sort of taste buds i suppose!
                            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie
                              I've never had otter, does it taste like chicken?
                              Bit more oily!
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Whilst nobody who has read my moanings before will be surprised at this, tonight I had goat and camel stew. Pudding was .. oh there wasnt one. I had a glass of water to wash it all down with, followed by a Nescafe due to a slight trade disagreement with my European neighbour.
                                Even Squashies cheese and cucumber sandwich sounds better than mine.
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X