No announcement yet.

Allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about loos but friend lives 5 mins away. Lizy have PM'd you contact details etc about allotments. It will be handbags at dawn if ANYONE pinches my chance of an allotment - that or I'll sit and bubble in a corner eating chocolate.

Comment

Mine is an hour ride on the bike each way but only 15 minutes with car.

I would take it, especially if you intend moving near to it soon. It would also give you the chance to have a look around the area for a house and use the allotment as a bolt hole.

If the rent is reasonable, give it a year..............if it doesn't work out, at least you've had a years fresh veg from it.

Not really relevant in your case, but I understand quite a few people have allotments close to where they work rather than where they live. That way they can do a bit at lunch time or after work before returning home.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have a 20 mile round trip to my lottie

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
          I feel my allotment is too far away and its only 2 miles from here.
          mmm. That's a 40 min walk, or a 10 min cycle ride
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It takes me 2 minutes to get to my allotment, thats walking and 3 in the car!
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
              Don't know about loos but friend lives 5 mins away. Lizy have PM'd you contact details etc about allotments. It will be handbags at dawn if ANYONE pinches my chance of an allotment - that or I'll sit and bubble in a corner eating chocolate.
              Googled the info, it's just too far the other side of Glasgow

Need to stay on the waiting list on my local ones by the time I get to the top I'll be too old and infirm to take it

I'll just stick to my back garden for now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X