No announcement yet.

how quickly you run to fat!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snadger my OH is the same. He has (clothed , just in case you were wondering) photos mf me through the weight loss and then morphs me on the computer... then moans about the new lack of curvage! He was even shocked the other day when we discovered I have ribs! Mind you I was shocked too lol.

I do try to tell him there is a difference between rubanesque and porky!

Maybe I was just born in the wrong century!?

janeyo

Comment

I can't do dieting, a diet to me is when you deprive yourself of something you like. That just wouldn't do, I'd rather just exercise. I joined a geriatric football team (5 a side) the end of last year, and after the first 6 weeks of expected injuries, and lack of being able to bend or do up shoelaces, or walk down the stairs forward without the knees cricking, I am now beginning to enjoy it.

Having said that we played 5 a side this week with just 5 people, afterwards it felt like I'd been doing the bleep test for an hour solid.

still, mussunt grumble.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

That's great Mikey, but exercise alone won't do it for most people. Cutting out the junk, and moving your butt a bit more, will get us healthy.

Diet doesn't have to mean salad all day ... it just means eating healthy nutritious food 80% of the time. You can still have treats ~ but not all day every day. It means having a little of what you fancy: not the whole cake.

Being slim doesn't mean looking like Posh Spice either ... it means being a healthy weight for your frame; and most importantly losing dangerous fat from your waist/internals/arteries.

Good luck guys & gals ... I'm going to make myself cycle to the bottle bank today, instead of waiting to do it in the car at the weekend. And I'll have another 10 mins on the treadmill before lunch (soup).
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          That's great Mikey, but exercise alone won't do it for most people. Cutting out the junk, and moving your butt a bit more, will get us healthy.

Being slim doesn't mean looking like Posh Spice either ... it means being a healthy weight for your frame; and most importantly losing dangerous fat from your waist/internals/arteries.
          Exercise has one very unfortunate downfall in all of this, it kick starts your metabolism, therefore making you hungrier. Fennel tea should help though , I would think as fennel is a mild appetite suppresant.

If I looked like posh spice, two sheds, DW might object.,

When it comes to healthy frame/weight ratios I have a big problem, as whenever I have taken any test the healthy frame for my weight has meant as a man I would be wearing 28 to 30 inch trousers, I'm sorry that isn't healthy for a frame that is gaunt. I got close once many years ago, but to do so I as running 13 miles a day, again not very healthy for the joints.

Some battles cannot be won, and after all round is a shape too.

Comment

You don't need a height/weight ratio chart : just a mirror.

People know they're overweight, but try to kid themselves they're just cuddly

Comment

btw, I'm not having a pop at you Mikey. I just mean generally. Mr S tells me I'm not fat (I'm not) but I have a muffin top now, and I don't like it.

I'm 11lb overweight now ... but if I continue putting on a pound a week, I'll be a half-ton Tessie in a few years.

Comment

I find the trouble comes when people who have always enjoyed seeing you as' cuddly' get a bit jealous when you are not so cuddly. Then you get temptation put in your way and comments like 'don't go too far' etc... you just can't win! I have a friend (and I use the word losely) who has always been thinner than me and she really doesn't like the fact that now we are the same size! HA!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  I find the trouble comes when people who have always enjoyed seeing you as' cuddly' get a bit jealous when you are not so cuddly.
                  That's so true. Also, fat people don't like thin people ... cos they make them feel fat. Well, am I wrong?

I've never called anyone a fat cow, but people feel it's OK to call me skinny b*tch etc.
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 14-01-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I can't seem to get away from fat people at the moment. Monday night I watched a programme called Half Ton Son, last night we watched Extreme Slimmers (or Dieters, can't remember), and Blockbuster have sent me Norbitt to watch on DVD today!
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

That's so true. Also, fat people don't like thin people ... cos they make them feel fat. Well, am I wrong?

I've never called anyone a fat cow, but people feel it's OK to call me skinny b*tch etc.
                      That's dead right. If you're slim, or 'a bit too slim' in someone's opinion, then you're fair game.

Me, mother and sisters are usually pretty slim, but it's the way we're built, and we all have very healthy appetites. I was very thin a few years ago, and some of the remarks were horrible! I wouldn't dream of commenting on someone's weight unless I was pretty sure they wanted me too!
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Yep been on both sides of this, i used to be size 6 and got called all kinds of names, now i'm size 14 and got called lardy yesterday, I know i'm a bit overweight but people can be so mean.

Comment

Originally posted by coomber View Post
                          Yep been on both sides of this, i used to be size 6 and got called all kinds of names, now i'm size 14 and got called lardy yesterday, I know i'm a bit overweight but people can be so mean.
                          I was size 6 when I was six years old and size 14 at aged.......you guessed it , 14!
                          I was born overweight and it's never bothered me. I look at freinds and think " Well at least I've 'weathered' better than him" I'm only one trouser size bigger than the 34" I was when I got married 30 odd years ago!
                          Don't smoke anymore, or drink,still got lots of hair (although it's thinning) just grey at temples, and eat lashings of butter and cheese! no sugar, no salt, no sugary drinks but lots of diet pop!

Everyone at work seems to have a fetish for 'Facebook' and trying to recapture there youth by looking at pictures of themselves and others from the 70's!................. Sad gits!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I was a big baby (alledgedl looked about 3 months old at birth). Do you think this is why I have struggled forever to get it off? Was chubby baby, toddler, never lost the puppy fat etc.....

Comment

I think thin people tend to be a bit subtler with their comments, they prefer 'Your looking well', substitute oy fatty, for that one then.

Comment

God I hate it when people say "you look well"....why not come straight out with it & say "you've put on a few pounds"
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X