domestic disasters?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Instead of dye you should have used either Dylon Net Curtain Whitener, or Colour Run Remover. Absolutely excellent for re-vamping whites and mistakes like that. Probably too late now though .

That reminds me - the only place I know for getting Colour Run Remover is Woollies - b*gger
    I get it in Sainsburys. OH started laughing last time I got some cos I turned round and said, 'oh look, 2 sachets, thats one for now and one for next time...'
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Sorry didn't realise.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I once left a wallet(empty) in a pair of white trousers ooops! they came out pink both wallet and trousers ruined. Still the wallet was empty.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Phew, that could have been worse. If you'd tried to pay for something with a pink fiver you might have got some funny looks!
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
            Phew, that could have been worse. If you'd tried to pay for something with a pink fiver you might have got some funny looks!
            Could have been mistaken for a £50!!!!!
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

You lot are mere amateurs. What I am about to tell you happened 5 years ago, almost, when I was living with my ex.

We'd been out for his Mum's birthday and I'd had a little too much off the red stuff, so was in bed, snoring me 'ed off. Ex was partial to a bath before bed and had started the bath running, then gone to his computer.

I was briefly woken from a deep slumber and remember hearing, "Di! Di! I've flooded the bathroom!!"

Yeah, whatever, thought little p*ssed me and went back to sleep. A few minutes later (I'm guessing), I was shaken by the shoulders and told, "I could really do with some help, here!!"

Sensing urgency, I got up and went into the bathroom and saw that it was inches below water! At this point, dopey ex hadn't even checked downstairs and I went to investigate. Under our bathroom was the utitlity room and by some major design flaw, the boiler AND all the fuses were in there. Well, the room below was also deep in water, the cat litter was floating and Niagara falls had made a visit to Limpsfield Chart! We used buckets, towels, mop and whatever else was around to mop it all up.

The boiler didn't speak to us for three days, then forgave us and started working. We couldn't switch eleccy on for 24 hours, until we were sure it had dried out. The carpet was a gonner and to this day my ex has bare floorboards in the bathroom.

You think I'm going to stop there, don't you? This was on the Monday night.
              ----------------------
              On Wednesday, ex was off policing (he's Special Constable). To save time, I called him when I was doing pony stuff to ask him to put a pizza in the oven and that I'd be back in 10 mins. I arrived home to find no smell of pizza wafting in the air, but a strong smell of gas! Investigating, I found the oven gas on, but no flame. The gas really did fill the room, so after informing ex, I set about opening the windows and door. Only he was too much in a rush. Despite my protests, he went to the oven and tried to light it again.

BOOM!
              The entire cooker jumped about 6 inches, no joke.

You think I'm going to stop there? Oh no...

After the BOOM, ex then carried on trying to light it. No further explosions or dancing cookers, but the oven was on strike after that abuse. So....ex then decides to STICK HIS HEAD IN THE OVEN LISTENING FOR THE CLICK!!!!

I kid ye not. Amazingly, he's still alive at the age of 36 and has actually managed to snag a wife, despite me trying to warn her what she was getting into, lol!

So, don't tell me about domestic disasters. I've got the book on 'em!

Comment

p.s. As far as washing goes, don't try washing a NEXT long woolly cardi in the normal wash. My ex did that, too. Yup. He's a one.

Comment

Re duvet cover....why not personalise it by owing on some pale green leaves, and a few flowers you could create from material scraps you can buy off the market, or end rolls?????
                  That would break up the solid green colour.
                  ..or maybe my idea would clash with stuff already in the room?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Perhaps part fill the bath and add mild mix of bleach, dip for a bit and then try, keep bleaching on and off until your light colour is achieved.....
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post

After the BOOM, ex then carried on trying to light it. No further explosions or dancing cookers, but the oven was on strike after that abuse. So....ex then decides to STICK HIS HEAD IN THE OVEN LISTENING FOR THE CLICK!!!!
                      Sorry - shouldn't laugh, but that's made my day! hahaha!

Comment

I'd try a bit of bleach in the next wash to see if that fades it a bit. Not based on any experience, but it won't do any harm if it isn't too strong.

Comment

im sure you can get a product that deals with runs
                          which reminds me of when i was doing karatee with daughter
                          she use to get bullied that was untill i took her to karatee and we both took part
                          That was over 4 years ago ,and we both got half way to black
                          We reguarly attended competitions both in Cleethorpes and Blackpool
                          Anyway we was due at Blackpool this paticular weekend and my oh was washing my kit
                          yep youve guessed it somehow something was placed with my white trousers
                          and they turned pink.
                          Can you imagine it ,fighting with pink trousers
                          My trousers got washed twice still no good
                          went all the way round town and found a product in Dunholme
                          Thank the lord it worked cant remember what the product was called
                          Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Sorry - shouldn't laugh, but that's made my day! hahaha!
                            Oh no Hazel, you really should!! I know I am!
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Bleach is evil stuff ... results are patchy/unpredictable, and worst of all, it rots fabric. We used loads of it at college (I did a textile degree, so really should know about dyeing stuff by now).

We are living with the bright green duvet.

I've been resourceful and swapped the lightbulb for a softer one, so you really can't tell in the twilight of our bedroom if the duvet is green or grey or just dirty

------
                              In the scheme of things, a green duvet isn't a national disaster. However, I am trying to furnish the house on a shoestring, and wasting £12 on dye has blown my budget and ruined my duvet. I might write to Dylon ~ after all, the pack said pale green, and it came out bright emerald green.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                                p.s. As far as washing goes, don't try washing a NEXT long woolly cardi in the normal wash. My ex did that, too. Yup. He's a one.
                                yep, they all are
                                My duvet episode all occurred after I had already told Mr S not to overload the machine. He won't be told though ... just thought he'd stick his cheap red tee shirt in without me noticing. He's not even apologised.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X