Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can you all help me get something into perspective?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know exactly what it's like to feel left out ....

i've been a single parent for 8 years - and i work - and i've always done all the football and scouts and all sorts

my sister became a single parent at 18, was given a council flat, and she bummed around on income support for years - my parents helped her out constantly, had a bedroom at their house for her daughter and looked after her every weekend, took her for days out, holidays etc etc

but they never lifted a finger for me or my kids, my kids never stayed with them or anything - at times it's been a real struggle, but i've got by

my sister is now married and moved away and has another kid - my parents still can't be bothered coming 10 minutes down the road to see me and my kids, but they'll drive past on the way to hastings to see my sister and have her kids .....

i've given up with my family, cut all ties with them - it's so much easier than fighting them to try and get them to show an interest in my kids .......

the biggest disappointment is that my kids have never had grandparents - my kids are 14 and 12 now, bit too old for grandparents to suddenly show an interest .........
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

That's so sad Farmer Gyles. Grandchildren are the biggest blessing this world has to offer. It's your parents' loss.
      Last edited by bluemoon; 14-01-2009, 03:07 PM.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Don't worry FG. You're obviously a caring father, it's your parents that are missing out. Your kids will deal with it. They won't miss what they haven't had. Some people are just weird!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Tammy you seem to have a loving family & I'm sure they'd be distraught if they thought you felt left out, it's a shame that you hadn't planned on being a bridesmaid but you're still very much involved with the wedding & I bet your two little ones will look great!
          I've never been a bridesmaid although I always fancied it when I was little. My parents were older when they had me, I have a half sister who lives in Oz & a half brother who lives fairly close but we only ever meet once in a bluemoon. My parents died donkey's years ago & I have no aunties or uncles, grandparents were dead when I was born ( one shortly after) & my dad's family didn't accept me or my mum until I was about 12 as they sided with dad's first wife. I've never had a close family so have grown up fairly independent & not very sociable, now the idea of being anyone's bridesmaid horrifies me!
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X