No announcement yet.

Any old iron?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I member rag'n'bone men. Ours used to shout RAAANGUNBeeuwwwnnnnn, RAAANGUNBeeuwwwnnnnn!

Nowadays they seem to dump their stuff at the side of the road, or in laybys.

We used to also have a pair of dudes would come round once every few weeks on a flat bed truck with sacks and sacks of coal.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Yep we had a rag and bone man and mum used to get china in exchange, and dad used to collect the horse dung as well for his roses.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

I've never, ever seen one! I suppose we lived in quite remote rural spots. Now they'd do well here going round the laybys or gateways - saw quite a nice little cooker just yesterday.
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Talking of recycling in days of old, my gran used to have a bucket toilet and i remember the fella coming along to collect that!! don't know what he shouted though my gran was Chapel so she wouldn't tell me when i asked in later years.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I could do with an "any old iron man" to take the remains of a high rise metal bunk bed that I have been using on my allotment. I had an idea that it would make a good support for beans etc. Didn't work as well as I hoped and am now looking for a way of transporting it to the tip. The problem is that if you hire someone who looks like trade they charge them to dump stuff. Anyone want a rusty old bunk bed - ha ha ?

Comment

Originally posted by Woofster View Post
              .... that I have been using on my allotment. I had an idea that it would make a good support for beans etc. ....
              Fruit cage maybe?
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Too late, it has come down although that is a good idea. However, I have got fed up of looking at rusty old iron - my plot is outside my back gate and I can look at it from the upstairs windows. So far I have not had a problem with my fruit -raspberries and currants but no doubt I shall and then I shall regret getting rid of the iron bed although it would be too small anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X