No announcement yet.

What's your poison?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Penguin Ales...how bizarre that someone remembers that. It was owned by a man called Phil Middleton just after 82. Apparantly the beer was pants so it never succeeded.

Comment

I used to have a pub and featured a Guest Ale every week. Some of the stuff was pretty lethal - grown men keeling over after 2 pints of 'Giggle Juice'.

A nice vodka and tonic will suit me nicely.

Hope everyone has a lovely Hogmanay.
      Last edited by amandaandherveg; 31-12-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by where2start View Post
        Yeah, Penguin Ales...how bizarre that someone remembers that. It was owned by a man called Phil Middleton just after 82. Apparantly the beer was pants so it never succeeded.
        Albatross would have been more apt!
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Drank Schleor, watched my mate who rarely drinks get royally plastered. Now home with a cuppa and bed. Nice night all round
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

That's it i had three bottles of beer, a coffee another bottle of beer and now more coffee...no more for me

Think i will crack on with my knitting and get a good nights sleep....

See you all next year!!

Comment

Got savaged by Aussie red, then port but I think the scotch may have been off as it gave me a bit of a bad head this morning
              I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

No hangover this morning what went wrong?
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

gin & diet coke for me ..lots of it....showed my singing talents on kareokee fell into bed about 2.30ish and now up & about without a hangover Happy new year to you all
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Lemonade lol
                    Stacey x ♫

Comment

Originally posted by hooraynana View Post
                      Cava - being a billy no mates as well
                      must look for an OH in 2009 - are they easy to find ? ..
                      Yeah, you can have mine
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                        Waggle Dance (Headfrys fave)
                        I love WaggleDance.
                        this morning I am finished off last night's Italian fizz (so it doesn't go flat, t'would be a waste)
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just enjoyed some nice salmon, brown rice and stir fried veg - aren't I good!?
                          Yeah you are good that's great!!!
                          We are having carrot and coriander soup
                          Chicken, bacon and mushroom pie ( with new taters, carrots and cabbage)
                          Tangy fruit sorbet

xxx
                          Stacey x ♫

Comment

Aye, but that's that nasty larger beer stuff. Charlie makes up for it with Directors, Waggle Dance (Headfrys fave), and the odd but quite nice on the right day Banana Bread Beer.
                            Oooh... Mr R likes Banana Bread Beer. Waitrose have stopped selling it and can't find it in these parts. I don't drink beer but I've had the odd sip of that and it is quite yummy!
                            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              Tonight "Laphroaig 10 year old" but usually XXXB, Old speckled hen, 6X or any other decent "real ale"
                              Are you "a friend " of the distillery?,I got my square foot of peat bog some time back,favourite tipple, though I prefer the Quarter Cask .

Comment

Havent read all of this thread so apologise if this is wrong place to put this
                                BUT
                                i've been in engerland over xmas and i have been drinking GIN with tonic or with bitter lemon and now i'm back in france i have stopped drinking it
                                AND
                                when i was in engerland i was eating rich food cos it was xmas etc and i didnt have any indigestion at all ..now i am back in france - out last night - ate meal - bad indigestion -
                                MY QUESTION IS????
                                Does GIN ward off indigestion?
                                (Please someone say it does cos i could go out and buy some)
                                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X