No announcement yet.

Sales, what sales?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our loacl sales werr rubbish and yet we still had LOADS of people rushing around. What were they rushing around for?! I always go and get my wrapping paper and next year's cards. Saved over 20 quid. Cards are such a rip-off so it was worth it. But as for the hype I read about mega-sales, it was a non-starter where we live.

I did drag OH into Woolies so he could see the pandemonium in there. It made him sad and we had to leave, but not before he joked about buying some fixed shelving - and guess what all the fixtures and fittings are for sale! Ask the management it said...

janeyo

Comment

I went to Morrisons for sale bargains ... got 3 selection boxes and one roll of paper. Last year I got boxes and boxes of "luxury" choccies

I was after a steam generator and a breadmaker in the sales ... neither of them were reduced, although I do have a £10 Arg0s voucher to use. We could do with a new sofa, but a mere £100 off isn't enough to tempt us.

Is there nothing left because it was all reduced before Xmas?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I rarely go to the sales. Can't be ar(bottomed)
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          I rarely go to the sales. Can't be ar(bottomed)
          I am the proud owner of a zero-attended 'Sale' - January or otherwise.

Did you see the opening sale they showed on TV over Christmas?

It was sickening to see, there were masses of people rushing/pushing/cramming/fighting for yet another jumper/handbag/plasma/woteva. I honestly found it quite sick-making - I found myself on my high-horse and shouted at the TV 'if you have so much spare dosh give it to a homeless/hungry person FFS!!'

Then Snowdrop poured me a vodka and normal service resumed....
          Last edited by piskieinboots; 30-12-2008, 04:00 PM.
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I must say, I've been biting down hard on my tongue not to say "At least you've got some money & fuel in the car to go to a sale....!"

Oh dear...it seems to have popped out...

Comment

I have yet to have any money to spend in the sales. Every year I wonder how people manage to buy anything unless they recieved money for christmas. I can never find anything I like when I have the money to spend but you can bet when I havent got any spare cash I see loads of things I like. Its called sods law. lol. We do need a new washing machine, a cooker, a bed, carpet, curtains. bedding and I'm sure lots more stuff but it will all have to wait till we have saved some cash as we dont do credit cards anymore.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                We do need a new washing machine, a cooker, a bed, carpet, curtains. bedding and I'm sure lots more stuff but it will all have to wait till we have saved some cash as we dont do credit cards anymore.
                Snap Jackie - no credit of any sort here either. We need sofa (ours about 40 yrs old ), oven (15 - 20 yrs old), central heating boiler (nearly 30), stair carpet (about 30 yrs old), but not much chance of any of it til Jez is working again, we can't even afford to save anything at the mo.

But, I'm NOT having a go at those of you with a bit of spare cash, just a bit of ribbing, before anyone gets high-horse-ish

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                  But, I'm NOT having a go at those of you with a bit of spare cash, just a bit of ribbing, before anyone gets high-horse-ish
                  I'm afraid of horses.

I'm not going to apologise for living the life I do though.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Every one is entitled to live however they wish, my wish is to have no debt apart from the low mortgage I have. My cooker is over 15 yrs old, my hall and stair carpet was here when I moved in 20yrs ago, my washing machine was my mil's before she gave it to me as was my upright freezer both about 20 yrs old. We had new furniture and carpet and curtains 10 yrs ago so that all needs replacing. We were just begining to afford to replace things before the latest credit crisis but it isnt really affecting us yet. We are just being very careful with any spare cash.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                      I'm afraid of horses.
                      PMSL - Wayne, how the chuff can anybody your height be scared of Horses?

Also, just what is 'spare cash?'

If there's any spare, please can I have some?
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        PMSL - Wayne, how the chuff can anybody your height be scared of Horses?
                        I went to feed a pony/donkey/horse a carrot when I was a small boy. The said animal was feeling slightly more peckish, so decided to try my arm. Picture the scene, me screaming, my Nan hitting the animal with her handbag and my dad running over to free me.

I like the "idea" of horses, but give them a wide birth when near. Something I'm going to have to get over when Bean comes along and wants a ride on the pony at the local fair.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          I'm not going to apologise for living the life I do though.
                          nor should you hun
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X