Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's it!! i am officially a non-smoker...............Good luck everyone joining us.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 01-01-2009, 01:05 AM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Just lit my first fag of 2009
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

he he he ............not bothered nya nya
        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Good luck to all of you who are giving up.I stopped nearly 5 years ago and know how tough it can be . Like others said YOU have to want to give up .No amount of nagging is going to help and will actually make you dig in your heels and continue to smoke. It won't be easy the first week -but it will get easier .

Again good luck to all of you.
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I have given up before the longest 4 & a half years once you have stopped don't be tempted.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

just had me last no more, my life cant get anymore stressed than it is i need to control summin at least, once ive moved im off down the gym and off for morning runs :-D

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                he he he ............not bothered nya nya
                just lit my first large one of 2009 ahhhhhhh
                Last edited by lynda66; 01-01-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  And I'm just about to join you

But, the best of good wishes to those of you quitting. You are all much braver than me

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    And I'm just about to join you

But, the best of good wishes to those of you quitting. You are all much braver than me
                    Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                    Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    Just lit my first fag of 2009
                    Well to all of you who told us you were just lighting a fag, I'd love to say "I'm not bothered" but I AM bothered! And irritable already. Had my last one at 5pm yesterday so yes, I know I've got the first 15 hours out of the way. Doesn't stop me wanting one though
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Hang on in there Aunty Mo and everyone else who is giving up. It will eventually get easier

Well done for stopping, takes a lot of willpower but definately worth it.
                      Last edited by scarey55; 01-01-2009, 11:11 AM.
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thanks love, I know it will. Actually, today's a good day to stop because the cold/flu/yukky bug that I've been fighting since before Christmas has decided to break free so it's not just the withdrawal that's making me feel bad. I'm going to have a proper-poorly day now, I'm not dressed yet, and I've brought my duvet down so I can slob on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. Will only drag myself off there when I need a wee, need to check the chooks for eggs, need a cuppa, need food when I feel up to it, need to answer the door (if anyone calls). God, I hate sneezing, it hurts so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                          Well to all of you who told us you were just lighting a fag, I'd love to say "I'm not bothered" but I AM bothered! And irritable already. Had my last one at 5pm yesterday so yes, I know I've got the first 15 hours out of the way. Doesn't stop me wanting one though
                          Ignore them Maureen, it was our choice to give up, theirs not to.

and you are already ahead of me cos you gave up hours before i did.

I am still smoke free, and determined not to let YOU down.
                          Last edited by BrideXIII; 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM.
                          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Good for you! It's great the way you are keeping each other going. And shame on the tempters and temptresses!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Just got up in between slobbing and sneezing to check for eggs and make a drink. Still fag-free Think I might be a bit too squiffy later on to warm up some leftovers for dinner, I'm drinking brandy with honey and hot water and it really is soooooooooooo nice! Sorry to all of you who've gone on the wagon, it's not nice really, it's just medicine and all medicine is nasty isn't it

Well done so far Bride, and Firstimer1, and Dobby, and me and everybody else who started being FF this year. We've done at least 13 hours each.
                              Last edited by MaureenHall; 01-01-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                                Just got up in between slobbing and sneezing to check for eggs and make a drink. Still fag-free Think I might be a bit too squiffy later on to warm up some leftovers for dinner, I'm drinking brandy with honey and hot water and it really is soooooooooooo nice! Sorry to all of you who've gone on the wagon, it's not nice really, it's just medicine and all medicine is nasty isn't it

Well done so far Bride, and Firstimer1, and Dobby, and me and everybody else who started being FF this year. We've done at least 13 hours each.
                                well i have to confess this last hour has been the slowest hour of my life

i am still going strong though, one hour at a time, can't eat any more chocs, plus i have been sneezing like crazy and my earoles are itching like mad, looks like yet another cold coming.
                                i'm getting the spiced apple wine out, and will toast the hour each time it comes round
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X