No announcement yet.

how do you kill a rabbit??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynda, you know what the answer is. Kill the pesky rabbit and make a pie.
    On reflection, I wouldn't bother about the pie. Farmed rabbit is about as good as battery chicken. Tastless pulp.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
      thats her !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
        Lynda, you know what the answer is. Kill the pesky rabbit and make a pie.
        On reflection, I wouldn't bother about the pie. Farmed rabbit is about as good as battery chicken. Tastless pulp.
        damn i was looking forward to the pie

Comment

Bet it's not as big as this?
          YouTube - Large Giant Rabbit
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

nope, she's even smaller than my kitten, she's too small to be so nasty and look how cute the big one is.
            Last edited by lynda66; 29-12-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

You know Lynda- many years ago I had a breeding bunny who was aggressive and when she went for me I would grab the back of her neck and shove a couple of fingers in her mouth so she couldn't bite- nor close her mouth.
              Eventually she got fed up of me doing that and just used to grunt- and I would give her her space- mutual respect I suppose.(at least she stopped biting me!!)

To be honest I reckon she's had something happen in her past which has been stressful and this is how she copes with protecting herself ( she could be interbred and crazy though) ..but you need to consider the former first and try and rehabilitate her.

You'll not eat her...you'rejust too soft!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If you want to get a rabbit, the best option is to get a neutered adult. That way you know what the personality will be like. Getting babies is a bit potluck, the cute ones can turn into moody teenagers when their hormones kick in

Comment

yeah but if you get babies born, you can teach them to do cute things like beg and jump fences and walk on leads (can you tell i always wanted a dog but was only allowed rabbits)

the stoopid cage door doesn't help, cos i'm not able to lift the front up, theres a stoopid sliding hole in the mesh, and a separate sleeping compartment door. it's got a sliding tray, but when you unslide it all the bedding falls on the floor so i can't even make a door to trap her in the nest box..... so actually getting at her is hard work, grabbing her would be impossible ...... she needs a new cage...... but the plan was that she would only sleep in it, and be able to run round during the day, and it fits in my hallway.....but it just isn't happening.

thing is too, i've never had a rabbit neutered before, they were never a problem ........ oh yeah and i like having baby bunnies ....... don't think this one will be having any though, i'd end up with hundreds of psycho bunnies eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk
                  Last edited by lynda66; 29-12-2008, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Difficult decision to make, can she be let out to wander your garden? She might be fed up in the cage. Personally I would put her in a pot. Guinea pigs make much better pets and they talk to you! Well, squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                      yeah but if you get babies born, you can teach them to do cute things like beg and jump fences and walk on leads (can you tell i always wanted a dog but was only allowed rabbits)
                      You mean like this?
                      YouTube - Bunny Show Jumping
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

yup just like that bunnies are ace

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                          Difficult decision to make, can she be let out to wander your garden? She might be fed up in the cage. Personally I would put her in a pot. Guinea pigs make much better pets and they talk to you! Well, squeak.
                          she's been out in the polytunnel a few times, and she's let out in the hallway for a run round, the garden isn't bunny proof though ....... i don't like guinea pigs .... they're weird lol

the plan was that she would be allowed the run of the house, but she just attacks me when she's out of the cage too, if i stuck her out in the garden, she would be cold

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                            .. i don't like guinea pigs .... they're weird lol
                            I'd rather have weird than vicious
                            think of them as smooth-haired hedgehogs, and you'll like them better
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                              Personally I would put her in a pot.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

lol ..... good point, but they always seem so ........ pointless

thing is i could put her in the pot ....... but you gotta kill it first ....... not sure boiling live bunnies is quite what i had in mind
                                Last edited by lynda66; 29-12-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X