Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
        lol cos I shouted at her?
        Quite clearly!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Couldn't you wrap the eggs in a box instead- much quicker Maureen????
          Doh! you guessed Actually they mostly are silly freebies as we had a budget of £5 each to spend! 1 "present" is an unused envelope, another is a Menu Bambini from Bella Italia (it's got a pack of crayons and a toy in it)
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

My mother on the other hand cuts the paper to perfection, folds it with carefully folded and pressed folds and cuts lots of little bits of tape which are stuck onto the edge of the table. Nice little label. Nicely stacked with the others.

..and what about you ????

I am your mother, Nicos. No, not actually - that would be plain odd. I have all my bits of sticky tape lined up, ribbons and the like. I love wrapping pressies and each year, my sis and I have a 'colour scheme' so our pressies all complement each other under the tree at my mother's house.

Stick some carols on, have a lovely mince pie, and feel all Christmassy!
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I'm going to sit at the dining table, foot up on a chair, and wrap all the stocking bits & pieces, before the kids come home at lunch time. Actually... I'd better get a move on hadn't I?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                I am your mother, Nicos. No, not actually - that would be plain odd. I have all my bits of sticky tape lined up, ribbons and the like. I love wrapping pressies and each year, my sis and I have a 'colour scheme' so our pressies all complement each other under the tree at my mother's house.

Stick some carols on, have a lovely mince pie, and feel all Christmassy!
                Ya fancy a quick trip out here to give me a hand???....OOooopppsss...forgot...I've not got anything to wrap yet!

(I could always e-mail you my list en route!!!)

Comment

Actually- I fib.

Cos of this thread I've raided my pantry and just made up a food parcel for my MIL with lots of tins of yummy French food and pots of home-made jam.

YEY...I can slash and chop up a wine box and cover it in crimbo paper!!!!

Comment

I did my wrapping (of stuff bought so far) with the help of my cat, last night. I had such a laugh! OH's Dad has got crumpled wrapping paper with a claw-hole, though and I gave up with the ribbon, lol!

Comment

I am having a rest cos my back aches standing up at the table. So far I have wrapped 18 presents for my grandson cos santa leaves a stocking here instead of a big prezzie. 2 childrens beach chairs ( oh heck ) for great niece and great nephew as well as jumpers for him and dressing gown for her. Dressing gown and slippers for no 2 son, slippers and jumper for his girlfriend. ( they all want dressing gowns this year ) I have bought one male, 2 female and one childs. Two of my sons girlfriends are so easy to buy for but the other one is so hard, you can buy lots of girly things for the other two, maybe she would like girly stuff too but doesnt like to say.
                      So I have been getting on with it and only had one cup of coffee so far.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

A Bottle of wine helps!
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                          A Bottle of wine helps!
                          Wish I could have a glass of wine or two but I have to go to work tonight.
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

I hate wrapping as much as i hate the trekking round getting them.

will do them over the weekend. Usually with a bottle of baileys.
                            Last edited by BrideXIII; 19-12-2008, 12:59 PM.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Send all the pressies over here - i LOVE wrapping pressies, its one of my fave bits of christmas!!

I'm of the sad type who does all the colour co-ordinated gift tags, twirly ribbon & stuff too!
                              Last edited by Newbie; 19-12-2008, 01:16 PM.
                              Jane,
                              keen but (slightly less) clueless
                              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I finished all Mr Shed's wrapping an hour ago ... I ended up cheating and putting little presents in with the big ones. Usually I would wrap everything individually, but couldn't be ar5ed today.

One of the nephews is getting a box of Shredded Wheat - I hope he actually unwraps it to find the money inside, and doesn't just toss it in the bin
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X