No announcement yet.

When do you break up for Christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finish work at roughly 5pm on the 23rd and go back on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th, off till Friday 2nd and then back to normal. But as a mother I will be on 24 hour call all over Christmas! I'm going out today to buy disposable plates and cups (sorry environment but it will stop the never ending washing up and I will recylcle as much as poss.!)

I'd just like to wish all on the vine a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Fruitful New Year - particularly those in the care, nursing, fire and police services who often have little time over the festive period with their family. We do appreciate you all!

Comment

I finished on Friday (19th)... and not back till 5th Jan. 2 whole weeks off... haven't done that in years.
      pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

My husband is off xmas eve, xmas day only but i will be off until 5th jan- i officially ended term 12th dec,but the concept of holiday is rubbish really as I am a slave and never seem to stop! Work is easier, in fact - which is why so many woman decided they wanted to get back to work!!Bah humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
          Finished today at 11.30 from the gardening job .Off to Jan 5.
          Going to wifes work do tonight No drink for me as on the way home I'll be dropped off at the lorry and then I'll be going straight to Galway for first thing in the morning . When I get home it will be just in time for the drivers work dinner (I'll miss the dinner but will be there for a pint afterwards. )
          Out on the boat to England on Sunday with 2 deliveries somewhere in the village (London)area.Should be back home on Tuesday morning and will be off until Boxing Day night when I'll be heading back out to England again.

Merry Christmas everybody
          Ok so the load to England got changed to lifting 2 trailers at the docks in Larne and delivering them to Bangor and Belfast .That was last night and tonight I'm heading to Scunthorpe (for 5.30 tomorrow morning ) then over to Winsford (asap) and then down to Nuneaton to load . Then up the road for a boat home asap
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I hopefully finish lunchtime christmas eve, definitely by 4pm latest, and dont go back until 7th January (a few days annual leave left over and needing to be taken). This will be the first time I've been home for so long in years - and the list of jobs for OH and I to do just keeps getting longer, from painting the bathroom to re-fencing in the lottie, sorting magazines, and on and on ....

I used to work in hotels so know what its like to work over the season. To all of you working - THANK YOU, we need you and are very very grateful!!!

Have a great one everyone, appreciate your loved ones and make the most of your time together.
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X