No announcement yet.

When do you break up for Christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry bobbleponge I suppose you will be working.
    To all who have to work over christmas, especially those in the care sector have a peacful christmas and dont work too hard.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

spare a thought for us that don't get christmas off. I'm working from 7pm till 8am on Christmas night then back on a long weekend on the 27th & 28th.

Unfortunately people don't stop being ill and having accidents just 'cos it's christmas.
      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Over here Boxing Day isn't a Bank Holiday!!!!!! Peeps in OH office will finish 6.30 Xmas Eve- and usually are expected to stay on for an office glass of one ( just the one!)glass of wine!!!

THANK GOODNESS my OH has managed to get the week off.

I used to work in Hospitals over Xmas /New year too....It's got a lovely atmosphere- esp Xmas.
        Last edited by Nicos; 19-12-2008, 10:03 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Working Xmas day 12 noon till 10pm same boxing day 8am till 6.30pm new year and the 2nd, care at home services hoping to get a break long enough for Xmas dinner but worked phoned yesterday to say rotas had changes m waiting for the new one!?!

Comment

Finish today until 5th January... Uni is technically open until lunchtime on Christmas Eve, but I have annual leave to use up (from when Mr OWG broke his foot) so am taking that next week

That's why I love working at the Uni - we have 'closure days' at Christmas and Easter when the whole place is shut, so you are guaranteed about 6 or 7 extra days off a year on top of your annual leave and bank holidays

Comment

I would hate to work on christmas day I can remember my mum doing it and I have always hated the thought. I hope you have a nice christmas despite working ailsasy and happy bunny doesnt miss you too much.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

HB will be here with Grandma, we have an aunt, uncle and cousin visiting at Grandmas just now and my sis, her hubby the baby and step son arrive late friday for a flying visit, till late tuesday aunt away Xmas eve, so Xmas day will be nice and quiet I usually get breaks during my shift where I can get home so will be popping in and out it all depends on whats on the new rota I agreed to work all if I got my normal run so we will see!

Comment

Mr Sheds is home for Xmas .. at the moment. He is going to be 'on call' though, and technically isn't allowed to drink from Xmas Eve until after New Year ...

ha
                  ha
                  ha
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ive just been informed that i am working sat 20th and sun 22nd, potentially boxing day, potentially sat 27th and sun 28th, working sat 3rd and potentially sun 4th jan! Will people please stop buying items from a major diy chain so i can have a drink over Christmas!
                    Last edited by blue411; 19-12-2008, 10:37 AM.
                    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I used to work in retail, and I had to work Xmas Eve and Boxing Day, and New Years Day too.
                      It was hell ... no customers to speak of, but we had to be open and 'look busy'. As management I didn't get double time, either.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

finish christmas eve lunchtime (ish!!) then back 29th Dec first year ive ever worked between christmas & new year
                        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Had my last day off before xmas on wednesday, working thru now till xmas eve, when we should be out by 6ish pm! Have managed to get xmas day and boxing day off, which are the only 2 days I will get with Mr D, then I'm off the weekend after xmas (normal rota), but then in until the friday after new year, then in that weekend and until the wednesday! Total of 5 days off in the 2 weeks, only 1 day more than normal, and only 2 of them off with Mr D!
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Kids break up at lunch time today so technically thats when i start work till they go back in january
                            Last edited by BrideXIII; 19-12-2008, 01:04 PM.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I finish this afternoon - actually I also have a Christmas lunch, so I've finished now (already shut down equipment in the lab!). I will be offline mostly over Christmas, though, as I only have my phone modem and it costs a fortune, that way. I've promised myself broadband at home in the new year, as I will need lots of gardening help, then!!
                              ETA: Back in January - the 5th! Whoppeeee!!
                              Last edited by SlugLobber; 19-12-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

well have a good xmas then sluglobber and see you then .
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X