You will be happy or else ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrideXIII
    ...is the fact they are being asked, by the government, to do more than they should need to, things they are not TRAINED for, and then have to take the brunt of the blame, when the blame should squarely lie with an incompetent governement's policies which have been forced on those teachers...

My point exactly, if you value teachers so little, if you aren't willing to provide them with adequate training, provide them with the resources they need and allow them to do their job...then you get the profession you deserve.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

My point exactly, if you value teachers so little, if you aren't willing to provide them with adequate training, provide them with the resources they need and allow them to do their job...then you get the profession you deserve.
      again i ask you who here said they don't value teachers?
      who said they are not willing to provide the right training?

none of US that i can see, thats for sure, but then it's not in OUR hands.

you point misses the mark.Aim it where it belongs, with the powers that be.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
        Call it what you like - I hated school with a passion left as soon as I could - no O levels or A levels but was accepted into Agricultural college where I got my Diploma in Agriculture.
        X+Y= G meant nothing to me at school - I never passed a maths exam while I was there but when I was at Agri college I got a Distinction in accounts because I "got it" when we were talking about cows + milk quota = money
        Supose it's ironic that I ended up working in a school as a groundsman.

While I respect teachers and the job they do I can't get my head round the fact that some of them left school went to teacher training college and got a job in a school and have absolutely no experience of the working enviroment that they are supposedly preparing kids for . How can you prepare a child for something you have never really experienced yourself.
        Our teacher used to explain algebra as apples and oranges, therefore A+O= FS (fruit salad!)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Our teacher used to explain algebra as apples and oranges, therefore A+O= FS (fruit salad!)
          did you then have to take it along to home ec? and learn how to present it to guests
          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII
            ...none of US that i can see, thats for sure, but then it's not in OUR hands.

you point misses the mark.Aim it where it belongs, with the powers that be.
            Oh of course, cos they aren't the elected representatives of the people are they!

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
              Oh of course, cos they aren't the elected representatives of the people are they!

well of course they are.

soundbytes are all very well, but ................... anyone with any real understanding of the political system is well aware that we have a 2 party system , both of which are as bad as the other.
              reform the system, reform government and work from there.

sorry , but again your point misses the mark, we have no real power even as a voting public, we have a choice, thats not power if the choice is between two bad parties.

and don't even bother mentioning liberals as a third party, local government maybe, and in some places very effective, but real power in government? no chance.
              Last edited by BrideXIII; 08-12-2008, 09:44 PM.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

I ain't bothered, I's just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post

..............................and don't even bother mentioning liberals as a third party, local government maybe, and in some places very effective, but real power in government? no chance.
                  You'll have W.E Gladstone and David Lloyd George turning in their graves!!!!!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    You'll have W.E Gladstone and David Lloyd George turning in their graves!!!!!
                    i hope they are spinning so hard they will ressurect themselves, and reverse the sad spiral the liberal party has been in since their demise.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                      Schools have nothing to do with education but turning out willing slaves to service the capitalist system.
                      Absolute tosh.
                      Many teachers, especially in primary schools work extremely hard to deliver a high standard of education. This includes the National curriculum and keystage which are mandatory and the so called sofeter life skills.
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                        Absolute tosh.
                        Many teachers, especially in primary schools work extremely hard to deliver a high standard of education. This includes the National curriculum and keystage which are mandatory and the so called sofeter life skills.
                        pity then that they dont actually get to mark the SATS, if they had, my son wouldn't have had to choose his options without an exam result!!!

results we still haven't had mind you and i have been informed are unlikely to get ever!! some american firm fekked up???

and now we are being told SATS for year nine are being abandoned ( should never have existed) and they will get internal exams marked by their teachers ! HOO_BLOOMIN _RAY!! about time
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

pity then that they dont actually get to mark the SATS, if they had, my son wouldn't have had to choose his options without an exam result!!!

results we still haven't had mind you and i have been informed are unlikely to get ever!! some american firm fekked up???

and now we are being told SATS for year nine are being abandoned ( should never have existed) and they will get internal exams marked by their teachers ! HOO_BLOOMIN _RAY!! about time
                          SATs as you rightly pointed out are set and marked by external boards. Quite agree that this was ever a bad idea, teachers are by far best placed to judge a childs progress.
                          I firmly believe, (and I do work with schools) that primary teachers work diligently to provide a comprehensive education within government and local authority limits.
                          No Im not a teacher by the way
                          Last edited by FionaH; 09-12-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

i have a child in his first GCSE year, in the last three months only ONE teacher has set any homework, ONE!! she is 60, a french teacher, old school, believes homework should be beyond work done in class, and detention if you dont do it.This is despite me complaining constantly for two years that he is not being set sufficient homeworkl.
                            the rest rely on a computerized homework system, which they don't mark, or even check if the child has logged on, this I know for a fact, because he still hasn't been given the password by any teacher to log on with, and noone has noticed.

I am currently in dispute with the school only one teacher has in TWO years replied until this week, and thats was the same french teacher, the maths teacher emailed me and told me the homework is up on the computerized site, despite being asked which tier callum should be working on, and what the password is, he neglected to reply to the email specifically.Even His form teacher has tried to get a reply from her own colleagues several times without success. I am at a loss, next week i shall attend the school, and they will wish thay hadn't let it go that far.
                            My eldests sons school was much the same, no homework, no reply to email. I changed his school in year 8 and he hasnt looked back. Smart little begger is predicted 2 A's and a B at a level now

Comment

I am thanking the powers that be that my children will not be subjected to this latest in educational (mis) thinking.

It was bad enough that I, like many parents, ended up with the job of re-teaching my kids after they came home from school....a French teacher who couldn't speak French, a Geography teacher who told them Ireland wasn't in the EU and the attitude that if it wasn't on the handout (read answersheet) they'd been given for the test then they 'didn't need to know it'.....

Makes me steam, our education system already really sucks....

Comment

It has to be said, though, that a lot of teachers, 'old guard', if you will exited the profession, in one way or another because they wanted to teach and were not being allowed to.....

Teachers often do not have a choice and end up very dis-illusioned, teaching a system in which they have no faith, know is doing the kids an injustice and have very little power to make their opinions felt....

And yes, I was a teacher, until this January, in Post Secondary education and it made me want to weep to see how some of the students struggled.

Lowering standards and encouraging ill equipped students into University when it's not the best place for them, just so we can mouth ' higher education for all'....we need to get the basic right first and then provide more funded vocational training for those that want and need it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X