Am I getting soft......or old?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Now even the dogs looking at me as if to say " put the heating on Dad" And she's got a thick fur coat!
    Our two cats are the same!
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
      At Christmas I will be where there is no heating other than a log fire, on which we also do some of the cooking (there is a bottled-gas cooker) and no running hot water (off cold in the bathroom). Temperatures may, or may not, be warmer than UK. There may well be mornings that the gas won't work (bottled butane doesn't flow below 1 degree C). The coldest nights there I have had to rely on a furry hot water bottle called Gemma! Up a mountain (OK a small mountain) in Catalunya....
      erm ok.............enjoy?
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        erm ok.............enjoy?
        Oh I do! No TV, no internet. We do have electricity (own system) and I am taking the laptop and DVD player. Plenty of trees for fuel (3 warms, cutting, carting and on the fire) and Christmas Dinner will be roasted by fire rather than gas. Helps us remember we are alive!
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          Oh I do! No TV, no internet. We do have electricity (own system) and I am taking the laptop and DVD player. Plenty of trees for fuel (3 warms, cutting, carting and on the fire) and Christmas Dinner will be roasted by fire rather than gas. Helps us remember we are alive!
          LOL ok i was almost feeling very humbled by your commitment to nature.....right up until you mentioned the laptop& DVD player now thats MY kinda getaway
          Last edited by BrideXIII; 07-12-2008, 08:04 PM.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Oh yes, Snadger, I remember all that - except my mother wouldn't have put the coat on the bed (not the done thing) and we just suffered the cold feet. And no fire in the morning either.
            I used to get my clean clothes ready for morning, put them on a chair beside the bed, grab them under the covers to warm up and get dressed as far as I could under the covers. Oh happy days
            And we washed (thoroughly - my mother was a real stickler for it) in cold water. There was no need to waste money heating water
            These days I'm pleased to be a wastrel in that respect - central heating on, fire lit, heated bathroom with hot air body drier.
            Oh yes, and if we wanted a fire my sister and I had to go out with a bogey and collect fallen branches etc and saw them into logs. Now I get them delivered for £90 per ton.
            I'm sure there's a book in there.
            Anyway Snadger, I'm sure we're just soft now.
            Hope you get your heating back on pronto . xxxxx
            PS Think I would have been on a weeks punishment for saying PRONTO.
            It was a wonderful world.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
              You've hit the spot again BW - I adore Python - I quote bits from it often in conversation, and people just look at me like I'm mad!

I'm not - see below...X
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                Oh yes, Snadger, I remember all that - except my mother wouldn't have put the coat on the bed (not the done thing) and we just suffered the cold feet. And no fire in the morning either.
                I used to get my clean clothes ready for morning, put them on a chair beside the bed, grab them under the covers to warm up and get dressed as far as I could under the covers. Oh happy days
                And we washed (thoroughly - my mother was a real stickler for it) in cold water. There was no need to waste money heating water
                These days I'm pleased to be a wastrel in that respect - central heating on, fire lit, heated bathroom with hot air body drier.
                Oh yes, and if we wanted a fire my sister and I had to go out with a bogey and collect fallen branches etc and saw them into logs. Now I get them delivered for £90 per ton.
                I'm sure there's a book in there.
                Anyway Snadger, I'm sure we're just soft now.
                Hope you get your heating back on pronto . xxxxx
                PS Think I would have been on a weeks punishment for saying PRONTO.
                It was a wonderful world.
                yes it was , so glad it is in the past were it belongs.

Omigods the thought of having to get dressed each morning under the covers, can't be going back to that....EVER!
                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

MY OH always liked a stifling hot bedroom until we met (OK, titter away to yourselves), now after eleven years of marriage, if I close the window, or put the bedroom rad on he complains it's stuffy! Funny how people change. X

Comment

some of the best teas we had were done on our open fire, toast on a long fork with real butter, crumpets, marshmallows and chestnuts, then up to bed with 2 inches of ice on the windows, and hundreds of crochet blankets, and coats, and hottie bottles on the bed, one bath a week shared between 3 of us on a sunday night, i always went first cos i was youngest, and i hated my sister who got in after me, so always wee'd in it before i got out (well at least it warmed it up for her ) ........ still can't get used to this new fangled central heating thing, and the dog moans when its on cos she gets too hot lol ..... definitely think us oldies are showing our ages though

Comment

yes it was , so glad it is in the past were it belongs.

Omigods the thought of having to get dressed each morning under the covers, can't be going back to that....EVER!
                      you mean ...... i'm the only one that still does that ????

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        You've hit the spot again BW - I adore Python - I quote bits from it often in conversation, and people just look at me like I'm mad!

I'm not - see below...X
                        I'm a Mike Harding fan(early stuff)and I often quote him.
                        To use your quote "not only am I a pillock some times I let it show".
                        Last edited by bubblewrap; 07-12-2008, 09:07 PM.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                          you mean ...... i'm the only one that still does that ????
                          well yeah! but probrably cos i am not in the habit of actually wearing clothes....as such, unless i am planning on leaving the house at all.

nekkid as a j bird is best.................ok with a dressing gown on so as not to frighten the brats friends.
                          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            I'm a Mike Harding fan(early stuff)and I often quote him.
                            To use your quote "not only am I a pillock some times I let it show".
                            Is he the 'Red Specs' fella?

If so, what happened to him?

I often watch re-runs of northern comic shows, or whatever they're showing, comedy-wise on Sky - love the humour. Can't remember a bl**dy thing he did, but remember he was very funny - if it's the same guy.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm on my second glass and Chef's dishing up...

I may be gone sometime...

Comment

well yeah! but probrably cos i am not in the habit of actually wearing clothes....as such, unless i am planning on leaving the house at all.

nekkid as a j bird is best.................ok with a dressing gown on so as not to frighten the brats friends.
                              Blimey Bride, if I did that you'd hear my Dog laughing from where you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Is he the 'Red Specs' fella?

If so, what happened to him?
                                Sill about does a folk music prog on radio 2 on Wednesday night
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X