No announcement yet.

One man and his dog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that boggles my mind, and having just told my collie, he crossed his back legs and went cross eyed, and thats before we got to the snip bit.

JR+chuawawa.................insane mix, why do people do it? i mean no dog is born bad, but certain traits need certain owners to maintain a balance between the dog and its genetic instincts.

I'd rather have the rottie thankyou.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 08-12-2008, 12:12 AM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

One man and his dog, brilliant. One man and his wig, even better.
      Bit of a time warp, and if the French could see us watching that it would confirm all their suspicions of their cross channel neighbours (mind you, they watch petanque on telly!)
      Bride, consider yourself hurrumphed, no dog is born bad, like no kid.
      I have a GSD who is just as intelligent as a collie (and he also chucks the ball for himself in my kitchen Hilary B) and the most important thing is the mental stimulation that they need.
      He was abandoned in Sheffield and taken to a home that put animals to sleep after 3 weeks if they couldnt be homed. I took him home and since then he has been my best mate. When I'm home we walk twice a day every day for an hour or so, then we also have lots and lots of time together in the garden where helps me dig. Not always in the right places it has to be said but he helps nonetheless.He is an older fella now, probably 10 or so, but still has the capacity to learn new things and loves to do so. He has a "proud" face when he realises he has achieved a new thing, and struts around the place like Jack the Biscuit.
      When I come back to work he goes to a family that lost their Shepherd about a year ago and still cant quite make the leap into getting another one, so looking after my boy is a good surrogate until they are ready again. I love my dog.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
        One man and his dog, brilliant. One man and his wig, even better.
        Bit of a time warp, and if the French could see us watching that it would confirm all their suspicions of their cross channel neighbours (mind you, they watch petanque on telly!)
        I have a GSD who is just as intelligent as a collie (and he also chucks the ball for himself in my kitchen Hilary B) and the most important thing is the mental stimulation that they need.
        He was abandoned in Sheffield and taken to a home that put animals to sleep after 3 weeks if they couldnt be homed. I took him home and since then he has been my best mate. When I'm home we walk twice a day every day for an hour or so, then we also have lots and lots of time together in the garden where helps me dig. Not always in the right places it has to be said but he helps nonetheless.He is an older fella now, probably 10 or so, but still has the capacity to learn new things and loves to do so. He has a "proud" face when he realises he has achieved a new thing, and struts around the place like Jack the Biscuit.
        When I come back to work he goes to a family that lost their Shepherd about a year ago and still cant quite make the leap into getting another one, so looking after my boy is a good surrogate until they are ready again. I love my dog.
        I took on a rescued GS a few years ago. He was a HUGE dog and at first I was a bit apprehensive but, as you say he became my bestest friend! If I went to the toilet, he was there, having a bath, he lay beside bath. I cried buckets when he had to be put down because of testicular cancer. Of all the GSD's I've had, and have, he will always have a place in my heart.

It's a lovely feeling of achievement to take a rescued dog, who may have had a crap life until you got him and give him what he should have, love and affection and long, long walkies! (crikey, I've gone all tearful remembering the good times we had together!)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

On another forum I visit one poster's 'signature' includes the line "A house is not a home without a dog." Very true. I cannot imagine being without one for more than a few weeks, and I don't think I will ever again own a non-rescue dog. With so many dogs needing homes, it feels wrong to pay someone to breed them.....
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Heard a goodun today. My allotment neighbour has just bought a Jack Russell X Chiwawa cross dog! He's on about taking it to the vets to have the snip
            His other dog is a rotweiller bitch!
            lol, reminds me of milo, his mother was a miniature yorkshire terrier ...... she had 11 puppies, and i wanted a small dog as company for my border collie x retriever ...... no problem, he was 12 weeks old when i got him, and so tiny, i had to put a brick next to the back step so he could get up it

turned out his father was a shire horse lol ...... he just didn't stop growing he was twice as big as the other dog by the time he stopped

oh and btw bitches will lie down for ikkle dogs to mate with them if they have to or the ikkle boy will take his own box lol ....

Comment

i have now come to a decision, poppy will be my last dog, i just haven't the energy any more ....... she is a very happy doggie , but another dog may not be as easy as her, and i can't deal with a dog that needs miles of walking every day now but hopefully we still have lots of years left (though she is now starting to struggle getting onto the bed) i feel a bed step coming on

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                i have now come to a decision, poppy will be my last dog, i just haven't the energy any more ....... she is a very happy doggie , but another dog may not be as easy as her, and i can't deal with a dog that needs miles of walking every day now but hopefully we still have lots of years left (though she is now starting to struggle getting onto the bed) i feel a bed step coming on
                You won't stick to it. If you are a natural dog-person, there will be a dog needing you, and you will take it in......
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I think thats what I said isn't it?

i mean no dog is born bad, but certain traits need certain owners to maintain a balance between the dog and its genetic instincts.
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Hurrumphed Bride. You've never seen Blazing Saddles clearly
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hurrumphed Bride. You've never seen Blazing Saddles clearly
                      well not for about 30 years

fort you were moaning at me?
                      Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Moan at you young (ish) lady?? Never!! To be hurrumphed is to be agreed with completely totally and utterly
                        Bob Leponge

Comment

Moan at you young (ish) lady?? Never!! To be hurrumphed is to be agreed with completely totally and utterly
                          ah!!
                          in that , big whiskery sideburned Edwardian manner?

Harummph!
                          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

You got it!!
                            Bob Leponge

Comment

And he plays Rugger Bride!

Do I sense a romance blossoming?
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                And he plays Rugger Bride!

Do I sense a romance blossoming?
                                nah! i'm just after his underwear secret
                                although he did send me a present
                                Last edited by BrideXIII; 08-12-2008, 05:15 PM.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X