No announcement yet.

feels just a teeny bit stoopid now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm in a brick house ...... it's funny, i did start off putting the full amount on each week, but then other things cropped up, and i didn't put any on some weeks lol

anyway, as it's so much warmer today, i'm lying in bed sweating buckets and had to turn it off lol ...... i'm sure i'll work it out soon ...... have tried dead hard not to look at the meter today too ....... don't think i'm going to manage that tomorrow lol ..... it's scary ....... i'm gonna see if i can get the thermostatic valve thing from the kitchen put on the radiator in the hallway, cos that won't help, it's been on full blast all day ....... was so hot before i had to open the front door cos the rabbit looked like it was gonna pass out

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      i'm in a brick house ...... it's funny, i did start off putting the full amount on each week, but then other things cropped up, and i didn't put any on some weeks lol

anyway, as it's so much warmer today, i'm lying in bed sweating buckets and had to turn it off lol ...... i'm sure i'll work it out soon ...... have tried dead hard not to look at the meter today too ....... don't think i'm going to manage that tomorrow lol ..... it's scary ....... i'm gonna see if i can get the thermostatic valve thing from the kitchen put on the radiator in the hallway, cos that won't help, it's been on full blast all day ....... was so hot before i had to open the front door cos the rabbit looked like it was gonna pass out

Lynda you absolutely crack me up with this heating, not laughed so much for ages, sorry i know its not funny for you.
      If it to hot @ 18, just turn every thing down to where you are ok with it.
      We dont want any boiled egg, not long to go now.

MG

Comment

now when i were a lad ..... i had 2 inches of ice on my bedroom windows all winter ........ never did us no harm lol ..... just got soft in my old age ...... i've only lived in 2 houses with central heating before ...... one i just didn't use ...... the other, i didn't care i wasn't paying the bills, and it was an ancient boiler that you just left on all the time cos it was the only heating in the house, and it did the hot water at the same time ..... and it was still freezing ....... none of this thermostat complications, it was just on or off ........ i guess i feel like one of the smash men coming across some dippy woman peeling spuds boiling them for 20 mins and then smashing their heads in ..... give me something easy to understand like the workings of a heart or a pair of lungs or a microscope with a slide under it ...... i can do that lol

anyway shhhhhh we aren't mentioning eggs for at least the next few days
        Last edited by lynda66; 05-12-2008, 02:36 AM.

Comment

When the house feels warm enough to you, turn the thermostat down so it just clicks off. Then it'll maintain the heat at the that temp, regardless of what the thermostat says!!

Comment

lol ....... now you are trying to confuse me again aren't ya .... clicks? off?? wonders how that works ....... WITH THE DAMNED RADIATOR ......... that won't switch off cos there not a thermostat on it, and it just thinks that full blast FOREVER is the way to go ....... wonders how big the brain in a radiator is ...... goes to make a cuppa, before i get all confuddled again.

Comment

Oh, radiator thermostats... Know nowt about them! I was on about the one in the utility room
              I know, put everything on full blast til you feel warm enough. Then turn it off... Then if you feel chilly again, turn it back on....

*Ducks while Lynda starts throwing stuff, shouting "that's what I'm doing anyway!!"

Comment

i've given up looking at the utility room one ....... now i have discovered radiator thermostats ...... but i do think it's the hallway one causing all the problems, (down the hallway from the utility room) , cos the boiler just keeps going full blast, cos the utility room thermostat, still isn't as warm as the radiator is, so it won't switch off ..... don't get me started lol ...... definitely think i need to get someone to put the spare vealve thing on that radiator, cos it's gotta be that that's costing so much ....... tis ok have only used £8 of gas so far .......... definitely a man that designed this stoopid system.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X