• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Link to the new 2023 thread :-

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...-happy-in-2023

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-01-2023, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1batfastard
    replied
    Hi All,
    Despite all the doom and gloom with the coming strikes etc. etc. etc. I am determined to enjoy Christmas time no matter what!! Especially as it's the Granddaughters 1st......

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 07-12-2022, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1batfastard
    replied
    Hi All,
    All the pictures of our Granddaughter as she changes continually from new born.....

Geoff.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Saw these the other day

Click image for larger version

Name:	16B38F46-8458-43C6-8AA1-D121CC992799.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	2550729 Click image for larger version

Name:	E0EF588F-4A56-49B6-96C8-F8C1DF048FCC.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2550730 Click image for larger version

Name:	AB86FA16-C97A-46E1-BC7F-5E038D0129A2.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	2550731

Leave a comment:

• 1batfastard
    replied
    Hi All,
    Jungle Jane - What a lovely surprise for you, it's always good to discover something you thought you never had growing. During the this spell of good weather however there is a downside at times I just looked over my Garlic experiment and although originally I qualified it as a success they now appear to be going down hill sadly I just wish I knew why ?

Still you take the rough with the smooth and learn for next time eh ?

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 03-09-2022, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I’m not really in the garden long,it’s far too hot,I’ve just been popping out to put water in the containers quickly. I never knew these melons (emir) were even growing,I was putting bird food in the seed feeder at the opposite side of the garden,I looked over & spotted them,they’re so big already,they’ve done well in the greenhouse temperatures this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	C4E2C45E-9485-48EA-BA4A-7BD06C463F44.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2549932

Leave a comment:

• 1batfastard
    replied
    Hi All,
    Bren - Will do thanks for the tip and my Cucumbers are going out also.

Geoff.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
    Hi All,
    Bren In Pots - Talking of Sun flowers is it to late to plant and expect a good result I have eight still at about the 12" stage just need to go in, the same actually for a few Cucimbers so I better get busy.....

As for what makes me Happy seeing my Granddaughter smiling and laughing brightens the day whenever she appears...

Geoff.
    Geoff I'd just plant the sunflowers out they might surprise you, with how the weathers been some of my plants are producing really late.

Leave a comment:

• 1batfastard
    replied
    Hi All,
    Bramble - Excellent news. Snoop Puss - I have always held out that one day we will have perfect conditions just enough rain at night witha good sunny not to hot day who knows maybe with all this climate change it's coming...

Greenishfing - I also have a Lazarus plant, maybe you should start a new thread called The Lazarus Project where all us green fingers can tell of similar miracles ? Myself I have just noticed earlier today new shoots appearing on a Prayer plant I was about to throw out, it has had no signs of life for a couple of months than when I was watering the Hosta's bang they are poking through just so I gave them a drink.....

Bren In Pots - Talking of Sun flowers is it to late to plant and expect a good result I have eight still at about the 12" stage just need to go in, the same actually for a few Cucimbers so I better get busy.....

As for what makes me Happy seeing my Granddaughter smiling and laughing brightens the day whenever she appears...

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 01-08-2022, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Rain! A decent downfall. A bit heavy so a couple of my pepper plants have keeled over despite being staked. Now back upright. No need to water tomorrow, so I will do some 'proper' gardening. And everywhere looks and smells so different.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    ^^^ Still alive, but still a weakling. No tomatoes

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    The most sorry for itself tomato plant from T & M which I named Lazarus (definitely more in hope than expectation) is trying to live up to his name. The first pic is of his sad appearance when I unpacked him (dead to all intent and purpose) and the second is after a couple of weeks of love and hope. I don't ever expect him to do anything amazing but at least he has survived.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220613_102849.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2548265 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220625_160037.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	2548266
    What happened to Lazarus? Did he make it?
    I need to know!

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    On my way to Morrisons, which is a long way away, to get some flower buckets, I had to pop into my local little Co-op to use the Post Office, walking past the flower display and noticing empty flower buckets, I asked a member of staff if I could purchase some and told her how Morrisons sell them about 10 for £1. The person on the other end of her earpiece, said sorry but they have to be sent back for recycling
    As I was walking out the member staff called me and said that another person, I assume a manager, was listening into the conversation and said it was fine for me to have them at 10p each! So I came away with 22 new buckets for my toms etc
    As I walked out of the store hugging my big stack of buckets, I was beaming like a Cheshire cat, so much in fact that a lady said, "someone's happy today"
    It's the little things in life that make me happy and only fellow gardeners would understand
    Last edited by peanut; 27-07-2022, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Thank you all so much for your kindness, 1💕

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Brilliant news, Bramble.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts