No announcement yet.

Driving ~ your bad habits please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was really noticeable when we went to Portugal in October, was the lack of road rage! They were so laid back they were almost horizontal! And when you got to a zebra crossing ( tho no zebra lights) everyone stopped! Perfick!
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Oh just to say we have to have bad mannered drivers (complete with rude gestures!) so that we can feel superior!
      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Speeding on dual carriage ways/motorways, then sticking rigidly to the speed limit on all other roads - it really seems to irritate people lol!

I'm also guilty of giving way to anyone and everyone when theres someone driving right up my a**e and braking at random to get to ease of a bit - it does work - but OH tells me off for it, he's an awful passenger, says I go to fast even though he would drive faster lol, and does pretend braking even when I'm no where near hitting whatever imaginary obstacle he's invented!
        ~+~ Eagerly awaiting my first allotment ~+~

Comment

When you get people who cross the road, knowing you are coming but deliberately take their time and avoid eye contact, I carry on driving and only brake at the last minute whilst letting go with the horn.

Boy do they scurry across.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
            When you get people who cross the road, knowing you are coming but deliberately take their time and avoid eye contact, I carry on driving and only brake at the last minute whilst letting go with the horn.

Boy do they scurry across.
            But the Highway Code (anyone remember that?) says that you have to give way to pedestrians already on the carriageway.

I find, as a pedestrian, that if I make eye contact, drivers do not slow down. If I pretend I am deaf, dumb and blind, they do
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              I really hate that he races to a junction/roundabout, then slams his brakes on, instead of gently accelerating & decelerating. I get whiplash nearly every journey, but he says I'm just nagging

Bit scarey TS I think we may be married to the same bloke!
              If I ask mine to leave a little more space because I have a nervous disposition all he seems to hear is , youre a bad driver!

I think his bits may drop off if he did as I asked, just like asking for directions.

Parking is my problem, just cant do it.
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

When we went to the UK on holiday once, we had a hire car and three small children. This white van got right up our arse and scared me to death, i could virtually see up his nose! So i made a big gesture of getting a pen and paper out of my bag, turned around and proceeded to "make out" i was jotting his reg details down.

He did see me, because he completely backed off!! Me and my old man still laugh about it now, but it worked!!!

Comment

I have been known to get a teensy bit of road rage and when I do I give the offending driver (it is never my fault) the finger. Trouble is, I can never remember which finger and usually give the index finger, which leaves me pointing at the car roof and totally cracks my son up.

Comment

I have a real problem with middle lane drivers on the motorway (I have a theory that our roads would run a lot more smoothly if they were all sent to Guantanamo). I have a tendancy to come up behind them - rather too closely maybe and then overtake and then cut across the front of them right the way over to the inside lane (whilst indicating obviously). That, or I simply drive along the inside lane whilst they continue to sit in the middle lane. I don't undertake, I simply maintain my speed (it's often those that sit at 70 according to their speedo - which is probably a few mph out anyway) and carry on pass them. Until I have to overtake a car correctly driving on the inside lane.

I watch them in my rear view, and they will still be sat in the middle lane (with absolutely nothing around them) for miles.

I have on occasion sat behind middle lane drivers and flashed them to move over as they are not overtaking anything - the middle lane is more often than not clear for some distance ahead.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

OH goes barmy about middle lane drivers too Me, I get horribly claustrophobic when in the middle lane, so I just avoid motorways!

Comment

I'm with you on that HeyWayne - middle lane-huggers are a menace. Why are they always in a red Metro? Is it the same guy?

What about the queue of muppets in the outside lane that are all doing slower than the middle and inner lane? It's usually because a Lorry is trying to overtake another Lorry. Shame it takes them two miles to do it and causes a ten mile tailback.

Speed-limiters on Lorries and Coaches are just about the most ridiculous gadgets ever to be implemented.

Put freight back on the rail network - it needs the bl**dy money, and the roads need the space.

Me on the motorway? Outside lane, foot down, go.

Sorry - rant over - anyone need my soapbox for firewood?

Guilty as charged!

XX
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oh Gosh, where do I start. Some days are better than others when it comes to parking. I am guilty of driving into a parking space and then driving through it cos I'm wonky and can't open the car door and parking in the bay directly opposite. Also I park in the bay that is absolutely furthest from the shop I'm going to so that no one is likely to make my life difficult on the way out. Hubby smiles through gritted teeth. I also slow down if there's someone on my tail, that really winds me up, they should have set off sooner. My pet hates are people who unload their shopping into the road rather than walking round the car and unloading on the pavement and van drivers who open doors without looking first. grrrr
                          Oh and gangs of kids who bang on your boot when they cross the road behind you when your sat at a junction or at lights.
                          OOOOH. gonna stop, starting to see red.
                          Izi.

Comment

My bad habit is speeding (though only when safe to do so!!) Also, I am crap at reverse parking (or any parking come to that!!)
                            On my plus side, I am considerate to other drivers and always give way to pedestrians.

Comment

My OH drives too fast always above the speed limit only ever got caught once !!! I recently told him that if he continues to do this I nor our daughter will be going anywhere in the car with him. I have noticed the difference when we are with him, what he does when on his own is anybody's guess. My son ( 24 ) passed his test in march/april and only got his first car begining of november he has terrible road rage we have all told him he has to calm down, he didnt get it from me !!! My eldest son when he was little after hearing me say ' stupid cow ' to a woman driver said ' where's the cow mummy I cant see any ' !!! I keep to the speed limit, I dont drive too close to the car in front, I give way to other road user's except Taxi drivers. I make people slow down behind me. I love it when at a crossing and the lights change especially if the driver is going to fast and they have to stop, serves them right. Sometimes I can park and other times no chance.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Madmax here - Shirls has one baaaaaaad driving habit.

She drives me up the wall.
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X