This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Not up with the larks... Woke up in the night, couldn't get back to sleep and have had a really long lie-in to make up for it. What a treat!

Yesterday was great. No photos, I'm afraid. Our internet connection is going at snail's pace today and it would take forever to load one. Our usual picnic place was still free when we got there, but whatever committee is responsible for the shrine had done a lot of improvement works, including putting in new steps and wooden rails, which effectively fenced us in. I hadn't realised how sentimental Mr Snoop was about 'our spot'. He insisted we occupy it despite the difficulties of getting into it. Anyway, no damage done to me or the railings, but it was touch and go at one point. Good to meet old friends again, as it wasn't held last year due to bad weather. All the usual events plus a band, which is new. Let me see if I can post a picture of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07382.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2579286
    Oh, that worked. Won't do any more though.

Anyway, well done on finding that piece of glass, Nicos. Saved the day, there. On the cards for me: domestics.

Real weather outside: cloudy. Forecast: 100% probability of rain. Total rainfall forecast: just 11 mm. But that would massive by recent standards. Wish me luck, guys. If it does, I might be hogging the smiles for a bit tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A beautiful Spring day here and warming up nicely. I think this part of the world truly looks it's best at this time of year.

Nicos, I think you are overdue some good luck now. I hope things improve. I once managed to put a stiletto heeled evening sandal into the washer with some delicate clothes. By the time I heard it clonking around in the drum, it was too late to open the door! The sandal survived, but not my favourite top.

I've had a lovely "catch up" with one of my sister's. Mr GF can't understand what we can find to talk about for so long.

Comment

• Afternoon, the wind dropped so it’s been rather hot out there we’ve either in the garden or hiding indoors. Did get a fair bit done though.

Thanks for sharing the photo Snoop, and fingers crossed you get your rain.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh gosh gf….so easily done when you are carrying a multitude of things so as to be ‘efficient’
          I’ve nearly put my phone in a few times
          Yup - I need to slow down a tad don’t I ?

I'm sitting outside at the moment watching OH work. And yes, I do feel a bit guilty as we’ve so much to do! I’m sure I’ll feel more active tomorrow following this ‘rest’
          Choc ice anyone?…or would that be rubbing it in a bit?
          Last edited by Nicos; 19-05-2024, 01:33 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Great photo Snoop - those lads look like they’re really enjoying themselves.I Like how they have liquid refreshment to help them along!
            Last edited by Nicos; 19-05-2024, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Prevening! What a scorchio day. My son got our petrol mower out of the hut this morning. It hasn't been used for at least five years. Himself said there was no chance of it working, but after a bit of fiddling around, my son got it started and has taken it to mow his jungle of a garden! Smart lad👦
              He also put my bistro set on the patio, hope it doesn't walk in the night. Better get watering.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We have rain! Loads of it! Hail too but not too bad. Unfortunately, looks like it's a one-off, but more rain today than in the last goodness knows how many months put together. Still raining, so I'll try and do a calculation of volume tomorrow morning. Not easy as all my measuring things have overflowed!

Comment

• Glad to hear you’ve finally had some rain Snoop, hopefully it won’t be a one off.

Comment

• Another busy day in the garden . My list of jobs doesn't seem to be crossing off though. Also 2nd day running we had an ice cream lolly (magnum style but Lidl almond choc icecream affair) Nice
                    Have put the solar lights back out( not that it's dark enough to see them and I'm in bed too early to notice).
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Fantastic news Snoop - very relieved for you!

Comment

• Good morning, it's only when you read the likes of Snoops post you realise how fortunate we are living here, I emptied a 200lt drum about two weeks ago, but three days later it was back to full and overflowing it is now empty again but expect it to get more rain water in the next day or two, had a nice relaxing day yesterday, we were invited up to our sons for a meal , and as it was so nice and warm we spent all afternoon sitting out in the sun, even had our meal outside which is a rarity for us, then a nice lazy evening before heading back home, can't see the same thing happening today when looking out the window, dull with a bit of a wind blowing, but as the cloud cover is quite high I can't see it raining for a while yet,for heading out to the greenhouse for a wee while before taking one of the boys to Kilmarnock, so have a good day and enjoy your garden, remember to pass on some smiles
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          A changeable day here weather wise so I’ll do what I can in the garden- but it’s looking really soppy.
                          A quick grory hop later for a few fresh things as we have a friend staying for a week.

Is it still raining Snoop?…hope there aren’t any problems with flash floods.
                          How really lucky this held off until after the fiesta!

Enjoy your day peeps…not seen the smiles yet- I’m guessing they’ve been sheltering from the hailstones?

Comment

• Morning

A dull start here then sunshine this afternoon, so a day to be out and about.

Rary its surprising how quick a water butt fills, we replaced a shed roof the other year and once the guttering was back in place it filled a large water butt overnight

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I'm happy to hear that you've got rain, Snoop. I hope some of it is actually soaking into the soil rather than just running off. Was it actually forecast? I bet all your trees are giving a big sigh of relief.

I've just had a phone call from the doctor's surgery. The nurse who was going to syringe Mr GF's ears this morning has rung in sick. They've made him a new appointment, but he's got 2 weeks to wait now.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here too Bren. Glad to hear you've had a drop of rain Snoop. Sorry to hear about the cancellation GF. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X