Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon, it’s lovely and sunny here just come indoors for tea and cake.
    My new max-min thermometer arrived this morning so that was quick.
    It’s good to hear you’re feeling somewhat better Snoop.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The pump saga continues!…. A***** said to send back the empty box and packaging ( it apparently came from Slovenia) , which we have done, costing 8€ ( which will be reimbursed ).
      Separately from that , OH has just had notice that a replacement pump will arrive next week. Urmmm…does that mean we’ll end up with 2 pumps?..Will we get the 8€ refunded?…. They didn’t know we’d sent the empty parcel back…. Stay tuned for the next ‘exciting’ instalment !

Shopping done - plants bought Now time for a few minutes sitting outside on the building site of a patio…..
      Pity I’m off the booze- a nice glass of chilled white would have gone down rather well
      Last edited by Nicos; 17-05-2024, 03:27 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening All. It's been sunny all afternoon, so I've been pottering on the garden. Now the sky is almost black! Hope you get 2 pumps Nicos!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Rary, looking at your avatar photo, it looks to me like you already have purple hair.
          That colour is from holding my breath while pulling my stomach in, there must have been a young woman passing while getting the photo taken, evidently not a member of this forum
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

That colour is from holding my breath while pulling my stomach in, there must have been a young woman passing while getting the photo taken, evidently not a member of this forum
            Dare I even ask what colour we would have turned you????

Comment

• Good evening,after a dull start really picked up with blue sky and nice bright sunshine, didn't need to take grandson to his training today so went for a walk with a neighbour, before taking OH to a local farm shop, while there she wanted to buy me lunch, so as usual I let her do what she wanted , actually it was so good I didn't take any tea this evening, just a cup of tea and a piece on butter and jam, I have started making up my baskets which will help by giving me some space and possible stop OH moaning about the dog bed I have planted up, I should never have told her that's what it is though once the plants are growing and the trailing plants start flowering I think she will like it, well I hope she does right now going back outside do a bit of tidying up, have a good evening and pass on the smiles
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

And the green googly eyes, Rary? What brought those on?

Comment

• ^^^^As I said, young woman passing by,

Comment

• Morning
                    Full sun day today, will see what I can get done. Only managed watering yesterday as work lasted longer than intened. It was very warm though and no breeze later on. OH will need to get the grass cut before I need to borrow some sheep, it's growing fast.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Our forecasts all say cloudy till this afternoon but still t-shirt weather

I've done my plant shuffle nothings left on the windowsills its spread between the GH, cold frames with a few things on the patio table, with it being not to sunny out there I'll get some more planted out.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Looks like we’re in for a sunny day too!
                        A mixture of domestics and gardening for me today - oh and washing and hanging out our bed linen. Glad we left it till today otherwise I’d of had to use the tumble dryer!
                        Enjoy your day peeps- anyone up to anything exciting this weekend?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

When I got up this morning and went to look out of the (first floor) bedroom window, I was surprised to see a slug half way up it, having left a meandering trail of yellowish slime looking rather like the yellow brick road from Oz. By the time I'd fetched cleaning stuff to clean the window, the slug had disappeared. Either it let go and dropped 20 feet back to the garden, or else it's trekking up and over the roof in a bid to reach the front garden.

Rain stopped play on Thursday - after I'd taken down the old trellis the heavens opened, so had to leave it till yesterday to put up the new trellis. I've also added a slate house sign with both the house number and the name of the road - hopefully it will reduce the number of mistaken delivery drivers.

Isn't it lovely, Bren, when you can finally dust the sills and see out of the windows again. 😊
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Morning all.
                            Isn't it lovely, Bren, when you can finally dust the sills and see out of the windows again. 😊
                            Yep I agree, mine looked messy with the white cardboard I'd got behind the plants, that's all packed away until next year.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I've been awake since silly o'clock, but never mind. The postie has just been and the new batteries and tubes I ordered online for Mr GF's hearing aids have arrived.

It feels quite chilly here this morning, but the sun is due to break through in the next hour, so no doubt things will warm up, 23°C forecast today.

I'll go and put a wash load of towels out to dry now.

Comment

• Good Morning All A bit misty, but warm. All I'm planning to do is make tea, the comfrey variety. Best laid plans eh? Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X