Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our clock is on OHs side, can't be bothered to squint at it, I just keep my watch on (fitness thing with a light).
    paperwork dealt with, depending on tomorrow's weather I may continue the office onslaught.
    Bit tired as ive not been sleeping well (not that I sleep well anyway). Will look at some crochet, maybe start another animal. Are you still crocheting Bren ?
    Northern England.

Comment

• Evening

CG I finished crocheting the cowl my next project is a water bottle carrier thought it would be a handy thing to have.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.

Rary, I hope you are starting to feel a bit better now. Old folk really need to take things easy aometimes .... and listen to their partners.

Today I am feeling back to normal and of course reminding the elderly in-laws to be careful. They do realise that probably the worse thing that could happen to them would be a bad fall and ending up in the local hospital. I have my own thoughts on this but I'm sure theirs are similar. The ward my elderly sister in law was in (during covid) is unfortunately somewhere I can never erase from my memory.

We don't have a clock in the bedroom ( and being extremely shortsighted I wouldn't be able to see it), but I often keep my phone under my pillow, so that I can listen to something on BBC4extra if I can't sleep. That is how I know we were both wide awake at 4.20 this morning. In the end I got up and had a glass of milk and did a couple of crosswords.

Comment

• Good night all.
          We have just arrived home from our holiday.
          Looking forward to catching up and getting back out yo my garden.

Rary, hope you feel better soon. Sleep well. 🤞🤞

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
            Welcome back Bramble . Keep resting up Rary.
            It isn't raining but it is cool and damp. Working so it doesn't matter either way.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Fridge temperature outside, which is good. It's getting warmer! Although we might slip back into frosts next week. Blue skies today, but will be giving the slow cooker a rest.

Got a neighbour down the valley visiting for supper. Just the husband as his wife is away on courses for the unemployed and I think he's getting a bit fed up of being on his own so much. He brought us a chicken from the shops yesterday, so we'll be having that with him. I've just counted a string of blessings associated with this supper. Boring to recount to you all, but it has improved my mood no end. Just as well as I'm about to translate some of the toshiest tosh of modern art criticism you could possibly imagine. Hair-pulling-out time is about to start. After a coffee first...

Oh, the smiles. I haven't mentioned them for a few days. Well, they thought I was a bit mad procrastinating over the work by counting my blessings. But it put them in a good mood too and they've gone off to visit the birds on the other side of the valley before heading your way. They should be proper jolly by the time they reach you.

Have a great day, everyone. Especially you, Bramble. Welcome back. And you, Rary and Mrs Rary.

Comment

• Toshiest tosh
                Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Hope you're feeling better rary. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                    Toshiest tosh
                    It's so toshy, CG, that it's even toshier than utter tosh.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-04-2024, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Welcome home Bramble

Rain's started here too, Flo, the drizzly stuff that soaks you through without trying. I had planned to cut the grass as the warm wet is making it shoot up, but that won't be happening now.

Hope you're feeling a bit more chipper today Rary.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well.

Welcome back Bramble, hope the weathers fine enough for you to garden.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

It's so toshy, CG, that it's even toshier than utter tosh.
                        Love your description Snoop fingers crossed you have some hair remaining at the end of the day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          OMG …do we have rain!…horrendously heavy with massive gusts of wind. Eases off for a while then back it comes!
                          If it keeps up like this I’ll be more wet walking from the car park to the baths than I will be once I’m in the water!
                          Talk about April showers

That was soooo funny Snoop, I’m going to be giggling about that on and off all day

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Rary? Sounds exhausting

Did you have a bumpy flight bramble? Maybe you just missed the high winds?

Quick grory hop for me after swimming- just milk really but something else always catches my eye
                          Last time it was asparagus. So glad it did!

Enjoy your day peeps- particularly those with no rain. I’ll try and hold it here for you for a while
                          I swear I saw those smiles carrying surf boards earlier

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Thank you all for the welcome back.

Nicos, we actually had quite a nice flight and must have missed the bad weather,

Snoop, I do love your descriptive adjectives...a new language perhaps?

Rary, I hope your feeling a little better today, take it easy.

Bren, lovely bright morning here, just right for gardening.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, still feeling lousy, though not that bad that I missed you post from last night GF remember it's a fine line lass😡 Anyway had a toddy when going to bed last night at ten, passed out and slept till eleven thirty and woke up wide-awake, lay for about an hour trying to get back to sleep, but finished up getting out of bed and sat about till half four, back in n bed and got to sleep and slept till ten, I have actually tried having something to eat, a wee plate of porridge hopefully it will help me feel a bit better though when coughing it feels as if I have been battered about the ribs, actually makes me feel as if I was an old man, remember GF, a very fine line🙄😁. Hopefully will improve for tomorrow, have a pleasant evening and pass on some smiles
                              Last edited by rary; 04-04-2024, 05:20 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It's been cool today but managed to get some washing out, some paperwork continued then decided to hoover upstairs which became windows open, cleaning bathroom, changing the bed . Tired myself out
                                Weather looks grim tomorrow
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X