• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brill news Flo xx
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good news about Chester, Flo.

I'm not so steady on my pins today either, but I put that down to my ten-ton walking boots, not old age. Off to change into my slippers right now.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Well after the wettest weekend ever, we have the sunshine.
        It will definitely be a day for the garden.
        Lots of jobs to br donr, weeding and deadheading among others.
        The smiles came fluttering into my garden this morning so that's a good sign.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

The weather was awful early this morning but by the time we went out the sun had appeared and I was even thinking about setting the washer off. We went to get half a dozen bottles of Mr GF's favourite wine. As we got to the shop there was a few spots of rain. When I was ready for walking back to the car there was a cloud burst. The heavens opened. Fortunately it didn't last too long. We're just back to continuous drizzle again now.

Thanks to those naughty people who put the idea of a bacon butty into my head yesterday there was half a pack of bacon left today so we've just had to have another butty to use it up.

Comment

• Afternoon all, sunshine and showers today. Nicos we had a load of swallows here too, thought it was a bit late for them.
            Well had a lovely day out with my old school friend on Friday…she’s just texted me to say she has just tested positive for Covid. You couldn’t make it up. I cancelled our catch up 2 weeks ago because I had a cold and didn’t want to pass it on to her!!! Fingers crossed it passes me by.
            Great news in Chester Flo, glad to hear he is a happy boy again.
            Enjoy the rest of your day folks. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Fingers crossed indeed, Jay.

Comment

• Yeh…fingers crossed for you Jay x
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 🤞🤞🤞🤞From me too, Jay

Comment

• Afternoon.

We had a downpour just before lunch but we did get the laundry in before it started.
                    Flo thats good news about Chester.
                    I've got my fingers crossed for you Jay.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Everything crossed for you Jay
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening, the weather has been a bit of a mix today, was out in the garden when daughter phoned to see if I was, going to take the boys fishing and just at that the heaven's opened so the answer was no, shortly after DiL phoned to see if I would take her to get her eye test as she had managed to get a cancellation spot, so took her for that, and of course the sun was out and temperature showed 17c. After the eye test and going home the temperature was down to 14c, did manage to get more work done in the garden till there was a heavy shower just before five, was due to stop then anyway and make the tea, intended going back out but the rain has just came back on accompanied by a strong wind, so think I will just sit and read my book now.
                        Glad to read that Chester is doing well now Flo, did you check that he wasn't wearing heavy boots though I am wondering if this is some coded message for one too many​​​​​​, Jay hope you have avoided covid, it seems to be quite rife here just now and OH is hoping to avoid it as she is now waiting for a hip replacement and hoping for a cancellation, sure as enything she will get word at the same time as I get word of an operation for carpal tunnel, hopefully she will be back on her feet by the time I get done, that way she can get back into the habit of doing the dishes before I would be able to do them I hope no one gets any problems from the heavy rain that seems to be hitting some areas, I wish you all a safe and peaceful evening ​​​​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          No rain here today but the wind is very strong.
                          Got the laundry out and it was dry in no time.
                          Had a walk in the park and got loads of chestnuts brought down by the breeze.
                          Lots of jobs done in the garden.
                          Cut down a few of my prpper plants that have given up the ghost.
                          Lots of tomatoes harvested today.

Jay, my fingers are crossed for you. 🤞🤞
                          Have a good evening all..

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks everyone, everything crossed here too!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Quite cool here this morning and definitely autumnal. No clouds so far, though. Off to a friend's for lunch and it's always nice sitting outside at his place. Looking forward to it.

Not much on the cards for today. Make a Delia chocolate soufflé cake with armagnac and prunes for pudding after lunch. I haven't made this for nigh on twenty years... Fingers crossed it's as nice as I remember it. The prunes were soaking in the armagnac overnight and the smiles are a bit squiffy from the fumes. Hope they don't get lost or stopped by the smiles police on the way to you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here today it looks like the new windsock is taking a battering. I've been as far as the GH for some tomatoes but that's it for the garden today.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X