Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, a lovely day here, overnight greenhouse temp. 12c and in the shelter I use for hardening off 9.5c so quite hap py with that, headed down to the hospital this morning to see if I could get my hearing aid repaired as I have been getting problems with it recently, I can hear better with it out than in, unfortunately I had to leave it as they don't do repairs while you wait, though when I think on it it's possibley not so unfortunate as I now have an excuse for not hearing OH getting on to me for whatever😁we then headed to a GC where we get free coffee every month, only to discover I had left my wallet in the house, actually not having a hearing aid came in handy after I had mentioned this😏, I wanted to buy some plants so had to ask OH to pay for them, now we are back home I am hoping she has forgotten about it, time will tell, right for out to the garden where I will sow some carrot, so enjoy the rest of the day and pass on some smiles🙂🙂🙂
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve been out and about most of the day so no gardening here.
      GF that’s a pretty shower curtain nice and cheerful

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
        A beautiful sunny day but quite busy.
        Teaching my grandson to cycle, so running up and down the lane with him.
        Then we decided to walk to the shops for an ice cream.
        He is gone home a very tired little boy.
        I am exhausted.
        Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening!
          Just been listening to Hibou skitting around our bedroom for the last 20 mins or so. OH went to check on what she was up to and she was playing with a live hornet Goodness knows how she wasn’t stung!
          Anyway…the rather dusty European hornet flew off in good health… hopefully never to return to our bedroom at least!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Aww bramble - what a lovely experience with your grandson!

Comment

• Morning all.

Not surprised you were exhausted, bramble. Must have been lovely for the both of you, though.

Up early this morning. Mr Snoop came to bed very late and started talking... Couldn't get back off to sleep and just lying there annoyed, listening to him snore. So decided to get up. Unfortunately, I might have to start clattering about in a bit though, as I've got some sourdough ready to go into bannetons, so I'll have to go and get them. It's quite chilly in the kitchen, so I'm surprised it's ready already. Just as well Mr Snoop woke me up, really. Not that I'm going to tell him that.

Fair bit of work on the cards today, but under control. Got time for gardening again. Better get a move on with that too. Tiny amounts of drizzle forecast for later in the week, blink and we won't notice it. But the long-term forecast (ten-days) says a proper downpour. Bet that forecast disappears between now and then, but just the thought of it is quite cheering. The smiles did some loop-the-loops when I told them. So they should be in an especially jolly mood when they reach you.

Tea and toast on the go for them as wants them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Have

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels quite chilly and not as sunny as yesterday. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

It was cool earlier here Flo but starting to warm up here, I was surprised to see the overnight GH temp it was 11.2c met office had given 9c.

Grory hop this morning then cleaning the GH so I can get my Toms planted in the boarders.

Bramble thats something your grandsons going to remember xx fun times

enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Absolutely rubbish night sleep here too.
                    Grey but frost free start to the day.
                    It’s a Bank Holiday here today. I need to get some ironing out of the way then the day is my own.
                    I do have some paperwork needing doing but you’ve already put me off that idea Snoop by mentioning the W word
                    I’ll probably end up doing the other, more pleasurable W word…..weeding! I do find that therapeutic unless it’s scutch grass

Tea and toast- thanks Snoop - was that your homemade jam too?…yum!
                    Let me know when your rain is due and I’ll sing as loudly as I can for you

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Bright and sunny here with a temp of 11 degs.

Bren, the temp stayed high in my greenhouse as well last night.

Having my school friends for lunch today.
                      Unfortunately one of them has been diagnosed with dementia.
                      Waiting for further test to ascertain which type.

Have a good day all , catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sad news, Bramble. Hope you all enjoy lunch and each other's company.

Home-made bread, Nicos, but not home-made jam, I'm afraid. Next year. Or maybe the year after...

Comment

• Good morning.

By 9am I had taken the bread out of the breadmaker, made more blackberry buns and was on my way to the podiatrist in the next town. Mr GF has a corn that keeps coming back.

I'm now waiting for the hairdresser to come and cut our hair.....oh, and two of the blackberry buns have already disappeared.

Comment

• Afternoon

I have a clean GH Only downside is everything needs to go back in and I’m not sure how that much stuff fit on those 3 shelves.
                            Enjoy lunch with your friends Bramble xx

Comment

• It must be difficult for your friend bramble - quite scary realising how much her life/ understanding is going to change over the next few years. She has a good friend in you bramble x

Comment

• Good afternoon, warm but cloudy today, was at the church coffee morning, then once home a quick change and out to attend a funeral, it was a lassie I have known for years, after that I had to pick up youngest grandson and take him over to the secondary school for a music lesson, now back h. One and waiting to go back over to collect his brother and him before move along the road a bit to collect oldest grandson from his work, I am actually thinking of applying for a job that way I might get some time to myself 🙄 joking of course, as I enjoy there company, though they are pushing their luck at times when they know I can't hear them properly 😬 especially when they know the hearing aid is in for repair 😒need to go catch you later 🙂

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X