Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, a wet day today, as I have said my sons boiler is broken and was supposed to get a new one fitted yesterday, but it didn't happen so he phoned last night to see if he could bring the boys down so that they could get a shower, which of course wasn't a problem, so one of the boys got ready to have his, only to discover the shower wasn't working, so after dropping the youngest off at school I headed down to buy a new switch, which is now fitted and the shower is working fine
    This being Thursday it was the first coffee morning of the new year, so we were at that this morning, though not sure it was a good idea, one of the members of the Garden Club was there and told my OH I had said some naughty things about her, and ofcourse OH wanted to know what I had said, all it was, was during a discussion of things damaged or lost due to the sever frost Las month, where I said I had lost several onions which were stored in my hut, but this was understandable due to the frost and the two cold spots either side of the hut, one being a female neighbour (who is also a cub member) and my OH, so I am now sitting here waiting on the repercussions of that. After the coffee morning we headed up to check on GD. and to take the dogs out, but just as I was stepping out the heavens opened up, so decided just to let them out into the back garden, Daisy my daughters dog went out no bother, but Rosie, GDs dog had to be carried out and I had to stay out with her​​​​​​, now back home and I have my sons dog sitting at my feet, so as I said watching dogs nowadays rather than grandchildren. OK need to go and make OH some coffee just to stay on her good books, if that's possible, so pass on those smiles
    Last edited by rary; 12-01-2023, 02:38 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Her other option was a huge Rotweiller so she went from giant to dwarf!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

We’re also dog rather than baby sitters these days they’re much easier to look after
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not sure about that Bren - Frank's still at the baby stage, but there's no chance of leaving the room when he's asleep

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            two cold spots either side of the hut, one being a female neighbour (who is also a cub member) and my OH, so
            You're like a rose between two thorns rary!

Comment

• Thanks Flo, at last a woman who understands​​​​​​
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Gosh…it’s years since I last collected seaweed Rary - fantastic and rewarding thing to do! How much do you manage to collect each year?
                Sorry for not answering earlier Nicos, I generally collect enough to cover both my veg beds and a couple of flower beds with about six inches of seaweed, which I then cut up with grass shears as weather permits to give a covering of about three inches, once it has been down for a couple of weeks, which generally gives it time to be washed by the rain I lift some and put it onto my tomato bed in the greenhouse, then top up that area with another three of four bags, I recon I must add the equivalent of about twentyfour compost bags on the veg beds, I have just purchased four large zip close waterproof storage bags which will I hope, reduce some of the moans about flies in the car coming from that seaweed, or the, I hope that boot doesn't get wet with all that stuff in it, of course you being married you will know the script, if in doubt ask your OH, I am quite sure he will have heard it all as well
                Last edited by rary; 12-01-2023, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Wow!…that’s an impressive amount of seaweed Rary!

Especially for you….I’ve just asked my OH if I nag him. “No” says he. ( yup - he’s clearly well trained)
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Should have added I also steep some of the seaweed in a tub of water to make a plant feed

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Who is that I can hear snoring?…..

Breakfast is ready…come on down!

Woke up to pouring rain and OH clattering around in the kitchen preparing sourdough. That’s really going to help the diet isn’t it?
                      I’m intending doing a grory hop today but OH needs a few things from the DIY store so if he come with me we’ll have to work around his bread making.

I’ve been trying to finish off a book I have borrowed and it’s heavy going- they’ve asked for it back soon so I really need to crack on with that. Makes me feel lazy though just sitting there…
                      Yesterday I Spring Cleaned the main bathroom…very rewarding.

rary - I was told picking seaweed here isn’t allowed. I should check that out properly.

What’s everyone up to this weekend? With the weather forecast I guess I’ll be hunkering down doing domestics.

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and Happy Friday I'm up a bit earlier than usually as I have an important meeting about my retirement and later on we have to go out, about which I'll tell you later. We got our prizes from a Christmas raffle yesterday. Mine was a lovely basket filled with baby knitting patterns and wool, Himself won a wallpaper stripper! ​​​​​ Have a good day All

Comment

• Morning

A wet and windy day's forecast here, good news is we still have a wind sock he's mostly horizontal but holding on

It'll be a day for domestics here as well Nicos with some reading, knitting and I'm baking crackers at some point.

Back later.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I’ve just asked my OH if I nag him. “No” says he. ( yup - he’s clearly well trained)
                            We have a saying here which covers that "he, evedently kens(knows) which side his breads buttered"
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 13-01-2023, 10:57 AM. Reason: By Snoop to fix quote

Comment

• Morning all.

Living dangerously there, Rary!

Nice to win prizes, Flo, but I bet your husband isn't looking forward to the day he has to use his.

And it was probably me snoring, Nicos. I'm not as bad as my mum, fortunately, but bad enough. I slept in late again today. Smiles long gone, probably to avoid the drizzle we're due today.

As for the bread, that reminds me, I need to revive my starter. I've ignored it since before I went back to the UK and it's rather drowning in grey hooch. I won't show it to Mr Snoop. If he sees it, he'll say he he'll refuse to eat any bread made with it.

One the cards today: huge amount of work. Looking forward to the weekend and, if I'm lucky, a bit of outdoors work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Nice prizes indeed Flo! Do you knit?

We have a very old wallpaper stripper- at least 30 years old. It has, in recent years, been used as a steam cleaner for the sofa/ rugs/ mattress etc. we just fastened a teatowel over the end and it seems to lift the dirt.
                                We’ve recently bought a Karcher for steam cleaning the gites post Covid so I’m guessing the wallpaper stripper has now been made redundant.

Te he Rary!…

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X