This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon all.
    It has been so cold here today at minus 2 degs.
    Freezing fog and icy footpaths My hubby fell this morning and hit his head.
    Seems to be ok now but we got such a shock.
    We were out early as we had to attend a funeral.

I have been going to the same hairdresser for the last 27 years.

Bren, I use the borrow box system as well although I like to call in to the library sometimes.
    The smart system is being set up in our local library in the next couple of weeks.

No mince pies made yet, they wouldnt survive a day with my hubby around.

Have a good evening all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh no bramble….hope your hubby is ok now?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening
        Bramble I hope Mr B has recovered from his fall, something like that does shake you up xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bramble, I hope your husband is okay. Falling is so scary as people get older. Fortunately the last time Mr GF did it, last year, a strong young scrap man was nearby and lifted him to his feet. I was so grateful.

I am getting even worse with my phone, debit card and click and collect....only one present left to buy now. My shopping habits have completely changed in ways I would never have believed a couple of years ago. Why? 1.Click and collect is so civilised. 2.My local city centre has NO handy free parking. 3.I hate queueing more than ever these days. 4. The city centre really doesn't care about people with limited mobility.

Comment

• The Smart library system is great. We've had it for four years now. It's sad that it means staff hours have been drastically cut, but it has meant that all the Leicestershire libraries were able to stay open in spite of the council funding cuts we had a few years ago. I can use my library card to open the doors Monday to Saturday from 8am to 7pm, and return, borrow, or renew books, pay any charges, plus use the computers or photocopier.

GF, I totally agree with you about shopping and C&C. I tried doing an in-store grory hop the other week and it was not a pleasure. I've gone back to C&C and may never set foot inside a supermarket again.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Cold and frosty again here. Lowest temp last night was -6C.
              OH was up at 5.30am baking bread! Looks like it’s homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast then

Sounds like English libraries have changed a lot since I was last in one. I used to go once a week when my children were tiny and get them to choose books which we’ve look at/ read together. Such calm and interesting places.

We are too rural for home delivered grory hops but having said that we do get click and collect.
              Once I’ve paid for the petrol to go and fetch it ( 20 mins away ) I think I’d want to be the one choosing the fruit and veg.
              However, we’re lucky in one way - the supermarkets here are near enough empty between 12.15 and 1.30 as the French have their family meals together at lunchtimes ( including parents coming home from work to eat together!) . Perfect shopping conditions

Time for a brew and cinnamon bun. Do help yourselves…..

Comment

• Morning

Another frosty day here but not as cold as Nicos has it, our last nights low was -1.1c. Cinnamon buns I can smell them from here

Mothhawk Smart library system does sound good for library use but not for staff losing hours, do they have any staff during that time ?. Our library uses an electronic system so you can log in and out and renew your own books but thats about it.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning.

When I changed the bed yesterday I changed to my new quilt. I bought an all- seasons one. A thick one and a thin one which can be used seperately or fastened together for a really warm one. I fastened them together. We were as snug as bugs in rugs. I was having a weird dream just before I woke up though. We, Mr GF and I, were walking around Barcelona and had lost our luggage. We went looking for it and got lost... I blamed him....of course. He got a severe telling off when he woke up!! Poor man, he has a lot to put up with.

We haven't got smart libraries here that I know of. I haven't been for about a year though. It's the same old story here...an unhelpful council. The main library in the city is newish with lots of computers, comfy chairs and a coffee machine but has hardly any parking close by and is always full of gangs of young men who are quite intimidating. A much smaller library in a nearby town but with a car park outside closed down for refurbishment and never reopened and an even smaller one is so small that they only have a few racks of books and half a dozen computers and very few customers. I don't think I've ever seen more than one other person in there.

Last edited by Nicos; 10-12-2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.

The cinnamon buns smell fabulous, Nicos. Just right to go with my mid-morning brew.

Bren, the library is staffed for 3 hours a day, some days 10am - 1pm some days 2pm - 5pm, and four hours on Saturday, 10 - 2. Wednesdays are not staffed at all.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      I couldn't get in yesterday as an error saying Temperory out of order kept showing up.

The weather here is minus 1 and a lot of flights in and out of the airport have been cancelled.

Cinnamon buns, they're my favourite, I put cinnamon 9n my porridge.

All my Christmas decorations are up, just to do the trend today.

Thanks for asking, my hubby is fine, he was very lucky, he has a big bump on the back of his head.

Stay warm and safe all and have a good dsy,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

We’ve had snow this afternoon not much just a few flurries.

Mothhawk thanks for explaining how the Smart library works sound like it will be country wide eventually. A bit sad really.

Comment

• Morning

Not much happening here today, its cold and misty so I don't think we'll be going far.

Bramble I have cinnamon and apple either slices or puree on my weekday oatmeal it really does taste good. Not as good as the bacon, mushroom and eggs on a oatcake I've just eaten though.

Stay warm and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all. I was watching for a few flakes of snow last night but in the end we didn't get any and the forecast is now saying next weekend instead...... I don't know why they bother guessing.

I'm meeting one of my sisters, a niece (daughter of a different sister) and my great nephew for breakfast in an hour. Breakfast, I ask you. Uncivilized, I call it, on a freezing Sunday morning. I don't normally eat breakfast although a warm "pain au chocolat" has been known to tempt me on occasion.

Evidently I have 2 click and collect orders ready to collect now, including the cow hot water bottle. I'll have a look if it's busy on my way back from breakfast. If it is tomorrow will do.

I must remember to put some butter in the freezer today ready for grating for Christmas puddings.

See you all later.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 11-12-2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all,not seen cold weather for many a year,how things have changed,son cam yesterday,dug out the crimbo stuff,cleaned out the hens ,defrosted my car and checked it all over,found an old good foil camping insulation mat,it now sits on my window screen,then took me shopping to stock up the shelves,plus a little fan heater to defrost the car,is now all set up for me,when i need it,i am not used to driving in snow,it was always done by man,am hoping to get the marzipan on the cakes,and do a bit of baking today,as these days my calander is fuller,and are enjoing my new life,stay safe all
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Calm, yellow/grey and frosty start to the day.
                                Think today is the fresh holly and greenery foraging day- well, once it warms up!
                                Apart from that, I really fancy a calm day reading in front of the fire.

We used to go to an ‘All you can eat’ breakfast brunch when the kids were tiny.
                                Great fun, especially as there was no washing up to be done! We went one Easter Monday and ended up trying to fit about 40 yellow and blue helium balloons in the car when we came home They said they’d be popped otherwise.
                                Hope you enjoy yours gf!

Enjoy your day peeps….two weeks to go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X