This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening n’alln’all
    Jyst quickly nipping in as we’ve promised each other not to use our iPhones and iPad unless absolutely necessary when we’re camping. But heck, I just wanted to say hi
    Will reply properly once we’re home, but good to see you back lottie x

A microwave eh?….wow!….good for you Snoop - I wouldn’t be without mine .

ttfn x
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Evening

Snoop enjoy your microwave, ours is mostly used for defrosting, sponge puddings, jacket potatoes and just lately for apple slices.

Welcome back Lottie
      Sponge puddings... I'm going to have to find out more. Never occurred to me you could do sponge puddings in a microwave. Dear me... this is going to be dangerous. Diet, what diet?!

Edited to add: Sorry, LD, I was so taken with the idea of sponge puddings I forgot to say hello and welcome back. Hope you get to have a good rest to recover from your holidays!
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 06-09-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Evening all. Just realised I hadn't posted in here earlier when I meant to.

Welcome back LD. I hope you recover from your holiday quickly.

Nicos, I hope you're enjoying your trip.

Snoop, my microwave gets very little use but when one of my younger relatives went off to university I did look up some recipes for mini sponge puddings (single portion) in a mug and I vaguely remember "testing" several recipes, in the interests of research of course, before I picked out the best recipes to send her.

Comment

• Morning all.

Went to sleep last night trying not to think of sponge puddings. But when I woke up (early), the smiles were obviously thinking about them as they had big grins. They seemed in a hurry to set off, possibly to get back all the quicker in case a pudding were to be in the offing this evening. Which it won't be and not for a while either.

All good here. I've watered the new plug plants, which have all taken despite Frankie's best efforts to cover them up. Still got some more to go in, but they seem to be surviving very well with the occasional watering. Not sure if I'll manage them today or tomorrow. But soon, honest. Now to settle down to some paid work.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good morning, I tried posting yesterday but for some reason it would not post, so this is just a quick to see that things are working and to wish you all well for the day, and a reminder to smile, even just to yourself
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

More overnight rain here so the gardens had a good boost

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Sponge puddings... I'm going to have to find out more. Never occurred to me you could do sponge puddings in a microwave. Dear me... this is going to be dangerous. Diet, what diet?!
              Snoop this is the recipe that works for me enough for 2 people.
              2oz SR flour.
              2oz butter
              2oz sugar
              an egg
              mix together place in a greased 1pint pudding basin m/wave for 3 mins mines an 800 w.
              I add fruit or jam in base sometimes I mix apple and sultanas into the mix.

I'm having a apple day dehydrating, then freezing the small slices.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. It's drizzling here but doesn't feel cold.

Snoop, I've just thought of another couple of random things I use the microwave for: sterilising jam jars, making birds custard to go with puddings and warming up my coffee when I've forgotten about it.

The drizzle is forecast to stop shortly so I think I'll put the washer on.

Must add that Royal Mail excelled themselves and the puddings I posted (first class) on Monday lunchtime arrived yesterday and the recipient was delighted with them. I must say The postmaster did look at me rather quizzically when he asked what was in the box when I posted them, and I said 4 homemade Christmas puddings. I smiled and didn't make any quips about posting early for Christmas because I was remembering 'Allo, 'allo and didn't want to cause a bomb scare.

Comment

• Goodmorning all thank you for the welcome back,i certainly have recovered from the hols,i seem to be sleeping longer, last 3 days had aprox 10 hours,feel better for it,had a slow walk into town yesterday tea time,had my nails redone,then a bit of shopping in sains,i got to get in my den shortly,more bags to make,am on the donated heavy brocade curtains now,so am putting a linning and pockets on them,it is makeing the brain juices flow,then sit at night finishing the neck and wristlets i have made using new yarn,yes,they even came on holiday with me,where another addition to my collection was suggested,anklets,they are now done,i am enjoying doing something different,just thought i got cakes to make as well,so busy busy day or should i say afternoon for me,remember to Bgood2yourselves
                  TO add the microwave is god send in any kitchen,sponge puddings yum yum come to my tum,i heat up soup,melt the marge for linning cake tins,so useful

Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-09-2022, 09:30 AM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    We had heavy showers through the night and it's still raining.
                    Looks like a domestics day for me.

Snoop, no sign of the smiles here, it's probably too wet for them.

Bren that looks like a nice simple recipe I will be giving that a try.

Rary, I've also had a few posts that just wouldnt upload, so there must be a gremlin in there somewhere.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That looks brilliant, Bren. Great for portion control too - no temptation to have another slice.
                      And custard, too. Thanks, GF. I shall have to look that up as well.

Mr Snoop will be in heaven this autumn - sponge pud and custard... Probably better have pudding as the meal, though!

Comment

• Afternoon,come for a brake,custard IS an absolute must,as with lots of other one's too,doing sewing first,it made more sence to bake at tea time,i can cook my dinner along side,save a bit of leci,besides am in a sewing swing
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-09-2022, 03:52 PM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Another allert,tried to edit my last post and no go,came up with stuff i not seen before,just wanted to add Snoop i have often had desert in place off what i ought to eat,it helps the mood is my excuse hehehehe

Comment

• Evening

These days it’s too filling to enjoy a pudding after our evening meal instead we have sponge pud and custard at lunch time and I don’t feel one bit guilty.

Comment

• Good evening had a bit of a lazy day today, OH, not feeling to well I went for some messages to the local lidl, then went to check the heating at the church before taking the dogs for a walk and unfortunately I got soaked by a heavy shower, once back home I dried off and then had lunch, by the time I was finished the sun was out so I decided to cut down some branches and got them shredded while the sun was out, after that I potted on some plants my son had bought but hadn't time to pot on, I got them finished in time to make the tea, I then got some emails out about the garden club restarting, got those finished in time to watch Shetland, now going to read for a time before hitting bed, so I wish you all a good night and passing on some smiles
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning so a quick look around the vine first.

Rary we've been watching Shetland only one episode left it's been a good program not many errors to bug me either. Hope it doesn't alter too much when they have a cast change for the new season.

Best get on Enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X