This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon tea, sounds lovely Nicos.
    My daughters friend runs a cafe and during lockdown she made, and delivered afternoon tea.
    It became so popular because peeps couldn't go out to eat.
    There were a selection of sandwiches, homemade scones with containers of jam and cream, tiny fancy cakes, chocolate strawberries and other bits and pieces I cant remember now.
    Miniature champagne provided on request.
    We enjoyed it as a novelty when we were stuck indoors.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

It’s rained here since lunchtime so I’ve been sewing just little things that needed fixing that I been putting of.

A farm tea shops opened near us it’s getting a popular meeting place it’s good to see new business.

enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Picked 6 lbs of damsons - very tasty jam - getting a good store in - blackcurrant jelly, greengage jam and now the damson.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We had rain most of the night…and it’s still at it! Finally,..phew.
          All the lawns look orange again…te he.

It’s a bit of a strange day for me…I’d already decided we didn’t need 3 vehicles since we created the camper van …and mine was the obvious choice to sell.
          But it’s MOT is due on 1st Sept and I’m not prepared to spend what it needs to get it through it’s MOT to then sell it at a loss. ….so we’re taking it to a couple of places to see what we’re offered for her whilst she still gas a valid mot.
          She’s 22 years old and I’ve had her for 19 of those!…she’s had a good innings. It’s going to be strange her not sitting in the drive though…. Let’s hope we get a reasonable offer……

The upside is that both places are next to IKEA te he.
          Last edited by Nicos; 23-08-2022, 07:43 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Good luck at the car sales Nicos any chance you could sell it private you'd get a better price that way, but then you'd have the hassle of tyre kickers turning up.
            Gardening here for me today and some house stuff to do.

Originally posted by Issy View Post
            Picked 6 lbs of damsons - very tasty jam - getting a good store in - blackcurrant jelly, greengage jam and now the damson.
            Issy if you have more Damsons here's a good recipe for chutney I've made it a few times.

Spiced Damson Chutney | Recipes | Delia Online

Comment

• Morning all.

I've done the watering and Mr Snoop has done the washing-up. Time to start thinking about making lunch for guests I guess...

All this talk of cake, I'm just going to have to make a lemon and yogurt ring cake.

Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Mr GF had his memory assessment this morning at home. It was interesting.....but the nurse seemed to think that as long as he has me around he's doing ok. I've been sorting appointments out for his brother since the nurse left.

We MIGHT get a bit of rain this afternoon with any luck, even more likely tomorrow.

Comment

• Evening!
                  Car sold
                  Too expensive Bren to put it through it’s MOT. I wouldn’t get the money back and seeing as we don’t need it anymore then it’s best gone.
                  Having said that, I was really happy with the price…we had two garages upping their offers to get it, so , although very sad to have parted with her, I am at least feeling content with the price.
                  I’ve decided to get a newer phone with some of the money and the rest will go as petrol for the camper van - so we’ll still be getting pleasure from having owned her.
                  Things move on eh?
                  And nope - we didn’t end up visiting ikea….that’s for another time.

So my comfort food is a large selection of dim sum and a large strawberry tart !

Glad Mr gf’s test went ok..and that he has such a thoughtful , caring wife in you.

Thats a nice crop of damsons Issy. Do you remove the stones in the jam or leave them?
                  Last edited by Nicos; 23-08-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Glad you got a price you were happy with Nicos, we’ll be looking to replace ours in the near future.

We had a few spots of rain GF just enough to wet the ground I suppose ever bits needed.

Have a good evening.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well..wow…that’s a rather heavy misty/ foggy start to the morning!. I’d take a photo but you can’t see anything

Another Mrs Mop day again.
                      OH is bottling his home brew later so I probably won’t have access to the kitchen for cooking down windfall apples. So many good ones are now dropping but they’re definitely not ripe. They still have cream pips.

I think I might just make a cake later too

Enjoy your day peeps…Anyone up to no good today? ( saying that, I wonder how Lottie is getting on?…I did see the smiles wiz past earlier heading in her direction .

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Everyone has gone off to one of the local municipal outdoor pools. Absolutely fabulous spot with a lovely view, bar and lots of trees for shade. The dogs and I are holding the fort. Quite happy to do so, too. An afternoon nap is on the cards for sure.

A wrench to sell a car you've had that long, Nicos.

Hope you and Mr GF are doing OK; GF.

As for the smiles, I think it's possible they might have gone on holiday with LD. A few came in late last night, but they were gone again when I got up. The temperatures have dropped a bit, but the humidity is much higher, so maybe they're finding the conditions uncomfortable.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• 29C and very humid here too Snoop - although I guess we are cooler than you.

Didnt know what to expect weather wise today but it’s actually nice in the shade if you don’t do much!

I’ve managed to get loads of washing done- and dried - so I’m pleased ( so long as I avert my eyes away from the ironing pile!)
                          An afternoon kip sounds just the job…go for it Snoop!

(and yes, this morning when I was letting Hibou out, I just stood for a minute looking at where my car used to be parked. Very strange. I think we need to put a bench or something there to fill in the space!)

Comment

• Good afternoon. I'm back home at the moment but taking Mr GF to see the nurse at 4.45pm. My soup is simmering gently in the slow cooker. Before we go out I'll set the table so that when we get in I can just grab the dish from the slow cooker and we're ready to eat.

We were supposed to get rain this morning, 90% chance. We were in the other 10%. It avoided us. Evidently we have a 74% chance tonight .....but I'm not holding my breath.

It's only 24°C here at the moment but quite sticky.

Comment

• Afternoon

It feels sort of muggy here the air is heavy I wish it would rain and have done with it, it’d giving me a headache.

Enjoy your soup GF l love coming home to a home made meal simmering in the slow cooker.

Comment

• Mmmm….I can almost smell your soup and fresh bread gf.
                                My home smells of stewed apples and blackberries for the freezer!
                                If I hadn’t got the strawberry tart to finish I’d be tempted to make some custard to have with the stewed fruit!…there’s always tomorrow!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X