Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning everybody. I have been utterly lazy this morning and am still ligging about in my dressing gown. I'll blame it on the Bank holiday....... and the Bank holiday weather. The sky is grey, dull and there is no sign of the sun. We are forecast rain later.

I am trying to get some enthusiasm together to do something at the allotment shortly. At the very least I want to plant some radish and lettuce and pick some lettuce. Maybe a little detour via the garden centre. I actually need a new hand fork.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Nicos, I will pass on the porridge but as you've mentioned breakfast I must confess we will be having a champagne one.
      It's my birthday today and also my grandsons 16th and my sons last week so still celebrating.
      All occasions must be celebrated after the last miserable two years.
      Snoop, the smiles were dancing on the window ledge earlier.
      I'm not surprised they were dancing on the window ledge. Lots of good things to celebrate there. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast and have a lovely day.

Comment

• Afternoon all

Birthday BBQ for me and my latest Grandson who was one year old yesterday Our birthdays are two days apart.

Fishing tomorrow so even though it is damp and miserable out I thought I had better go and try and dig a few worms for my oldest Son who unlike me and my youngest Son doesn't fly fish.
        Surrised how dry the beds were and worms were in short supply. As I had dug a bed I thought I may as well plant it up so planted it with Austurian Tree Cabbage I had grown from seed.

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Snadgar, sending birthday wishes to you and your grandson.
          Hope you both have a great day. 🎉🎉

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, again thanks for all the kind wishes for my sister, was over this morning to see her and what a difference from last week, on Friday she was drifting in and out of sleep, I wasn't over during the weekend, I leave that for her sons and grandchildren, but today when I was over she was eating and also waiting to get her hair done, her daughter whom she stays with is a hairdresser, so I thought I would just be in the road so headed home telling her I would see her tomorrow, but have since had a phone call from neice telling me to miss the next couple of days, as her daughter (3) is complaining of not feeling well, and doesn't want to put OH at risk (high risk category) as I was back home early I decided to cut down som large branches from a tree that's leaning well over my neighbours garden, and as I have already had one close by fall over I don't want to risk it incase of damage, so was up the ladder sawing them down, after securing ropes to them to fall the way I wanted them to go, was on the last branch when OH started yelling telling me to get down off the ladders, which of course I ignored but once down and finished she started on about up ladders at 77 which of course is wrong my birthday is another 2 weeks away and deffinatly won't be any party, I might start having parties once I'm old​​​​​​, well now for having a read of my book, so keep safe and well and remember to pass on a smile,. Goodnight and God bless

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I hope you two birthday babes found the candles and cake for you? I knew there had to be a reason for me to bake that cake!
              te he bramble…one glass of champers at that time in the morning would send me back to sleep!
              Enjoy your fishing Snadge. Don’t ya just love birthdays and simple things which make them so pleasurable.

I confess to doing nothing constructive today after all We had a quick hospital visit ( miles away) and went in the camper. Ended up doing a big grory hop on the way back and had an impromptu picnic is the hot sun. Bliss
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Great news about your sister Rary - I’m crossing my fingers the little one has nothing nasty to pass on.

You and your ladders Rary!…..you’re wife will be grey before her time at this rate

Comment

• Good night all.
                  Rary, so pleased to hear the good news about your sister. Please God she will keep improving.

Snap for the birthday ages, we are singing from the same hymn sheet and the same era.

Nicos, yes, you're right about champagne and going to your head.
                  It took several cups of tea before I felt normal (whatever that is)

Anyway, a lovely day was had by all and normal service returns tomorrow.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well….that was a different start to the day - it’s usually Hibou bounding around the bed wanting feeding/letting out/ both ( *delete as appropriate). This morning there were two courting wood pigeons right outside our bedroom window.
                    “ You still can’t see me” …oh really?…well maybe not as the blind was closed but I could certainly hear them…for a good 20 minutes!
                    yeh , I know, it’s nature- better than the 5.40 am intercity whizzing past the end of the garden I suppose.

More domestics and weeding for me today - maybe cut the field too which is hard work ( but good for the fitness/ weight reduction attempts)

We managed to book our 4th vaccinations for next week . Our age bracket has just been added so we jumped at the opportunity as we are opening up our gites to guests in June and you can’t really rely on strangers being safe.

Second washer load to go in…best shake a leg!
                    Bacon butties for breakfast as the bacon is almost out of date in the freezer. ( well - that’s my excuse)
                    Enjoy your day peeps- I’m sure I just spotted those smiles shimmering by…are they carrying something Snoop?

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, Nicos, the smiles are carrying something: birthday greetings to all and sundry celebrating. I had no idea how many birthdays we had here at this time of year. Hope you have a great day, @Snadger.

They've also got a message for @Rary: careful on that ladder. I've told them never to surprise or tickle you if they catch you up it. That set them off giggling, but they did promise. Glad to hear about your sister. Hope yours is still improving, @Bramble.

Oh my goodness - a great tit has just popped onto a table right outside my window. What a lovely sight. He's quite a size. He's been coming into the barn next to the kitchen and I can hear him in there now. The millipedes are out in force again, though fewer than last year, which is hardly surprising as the birds are feasting on them. Thank goodness there's something for them (not that the millipedes would agree...). Still no swallows, swifts or martins this year. Mr Snoop says he hasn't seen any in town either, and there are usually dozens of them there, nesting under the eaves. Maybe the weather has kept them further south this year.

No gardening for me today. We had an amazing downpour in the night and the ground is totally sodden. Fingers crossed it dries up again enough for me to tackle the rest of the thistles in my new veg patch.

Hope you have a great day, whatever you're up to.

Comment

• Good morning. Yesterday ended up as a washout. I eventually got my enthusiasm together and set off to the allotment. It immediately started to rain. I detoured via the garden centre, but it was still raining so the allotment got ignored. It was raining when I went to bed and raining the first time I got up at about 6am, but at the moment it has stopped......75% chance of more at lunchtime. We never saw so much as a ray of sunshine yesterday and it seems well hidden again today.

Depending on the weather I might do a grory hop today or go to the allotment or both.

Comment

• A gory hop for me is known as composers day, because OH has List for Shopin, and its today wet here at present and the birds are feeding like mad, 2 feeding stations which need topped up twice a day, understandable when you see them darting about like mad building nests and others trying to attract a mate, just watched a couple of blackbirds going right along the hedgerow then back and ofcourse she is always just that bit in front, and now suddenly there's a sparrow hawk landed in the garden and everything disappeared, now gone and back to the feeding but not quite the frenzy just now. Need to go as I am being told to get a move on, keep safe and smile.

Yes Dear I'm COMING

​​​​​

​​​​​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all and its bright and dry here.
                            This morning I am going line dancing with my two friends.
                            We havnt been in years but it has just started up again so it should be fun.

The smiles came by earlier but think they were in a hurry to visit Snadgar.

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Have to laugh Rary - I go food shopping with my OH with a list and you should see how much he impulse purchases
                              ” why are you getting a trolly- a small hand basket is all we need!” …”yes dear” thinks I….you just wait and see…..
                              Yesterday Lidl had bacon and a lovely soft seeded sliced loaf….”ooooo….bacon butties for breakfast tomorrow!” Says he- yup, we’re trying to diet Well - he’d had some good news so who was I to try and dissuade him?

Right I now need to go and work off said bacon butty by taking the lawnmower for walkies……

Comment

• Enjoy your line dancing bramble- sounds fun!
                                Gf…go on - treat yourself to something naughty ​​​​​​ my OH would obviously encourage you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X