Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gf....Neti pots seem to be a big thing here - gave a look.
    You use cold/ warm boiled water with 9g salt per litre of water
    Last edited by Nicos; 09-12-2021, 02:44 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Gf....Neti pots seem to be a big thing here - gave a look.
      You use cold/ warm boiled water with 9g salt per litre of water
      Not seen those for ages, I had a friend who used to make ceramic ones had to be careful it was easy to bash your nose.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-12-2021, 03:53 PM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I know loads of people who swear by them…at first I thought yuk…but I guess it’s worth it if it clears sinuses etc etc.

Comment

• To be honest not had a problem with sinuses since starting snorkelling and stopping motorbiking. When I first went snorkelling I couldn't believe it. It was as if someone had turned on a tap in my head. I can only recommend it to anyone who has had chronic sinusitis for years like me. It was literally life changing.

Comment

• Evening All It's like Groundhog Day here. We move the kitchen/dining room into the living room, have some work done and then move the stuff back. We're both shattered. I'm working from home at the moment and had two meetings today. Both were interrupted by what sounded like an angle grinder when the lone work lad was taking up the asbestos tiles. He couldn't understand why it wasn't sealed instead Driers are coming in next Tuesday for the walls. I'm not bothering with a tree. In fact. I feel like cancelling Christmas altogether.
            When we first bought a duvet, they were called Continental Quilts
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Try and keep positive Flo, hopefully you have both good health and a roof over your head.
              Not easy for you I know, but try and make it into an unusual ‘adventure/ experience’ you can look back on.
              Is it worth considering moving out for 2or 3 days, maybe stay in a self catering place over the long weekend?You deserve a bit of a treat.

We all admire how well you have coped so far…you’re almost in the home stretch now lass xx

Comment

• Evening

It must be difficult Flo what with working and Christmas approaching, hang in there xx

How about celebrating Christmas with your family in the summer it would be something to look forward to especially in the sunshine.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, just doing some catch up and note some references to frost on windows and freezing clothes, will need to try and get up early to go out to the hut and have a look at these frost patterns that has been mentioned, don't think I have ever seen them before, I take it things like that happened in the olden days, I can only imagine how you older people lived in those days​​​​​​, well not much to mention about today other than sealing round the chimney to stop water ingress, then just had a lazy day, have a good day tomorrow and keep smiling, it will help you as well Goodnight
                  Last edited by rary; 10-12-2021, 12:32 AM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all. Feels milder today.I haven't had my first cuppa yet, so I'm off to put the kettle on. Plenty of mugs if anyone cares to join me.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Right, I feel much perkier after 2 mugs of tea. Sorry guys, I've emptied the pot, I'll make a fresh brew in a while.

It's still dark I've looked up sunrise times for today and it doesn't get out of bed till 7.55am. Never mind, the shortest day is not far off at all, then we will be on the other side of the hill with lengthening days again and soon it will be Spring!
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Tea still on offer MH?

Cold this morning, nothing on the cards today…maybe the dreaded ironing?
                        Enjoy your day everyone!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Just about to make a fresh pot, Jay.
                          I don't do a lot of ironing, so I quite enjoy it.
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Feels warmer here too- no frost either.
                            Thanks for the offer of tea MH - I always start the day with 2 mugs of tea in bed too!
                            I know we get lighter nights here being one hour ahead , but one thing which always hits me is that sunrise is that one hour later too- 8.44 today and gone 9am on the shortest day.
                            It did feel very strange last week back in the uk seeing it getting dark at 3.30 , but it reminded me of Xmas Days Past when mom would watch the Queens speech , then we’d light the candles in the dining room we would go and eat our first course by candlelight .
                            Happy memories!

Rary….you probably wouldn’t have noticed the frosty windows being encased in your curtained four poster bed and nightcap….those bedside candles weren’t very bright either were they?

Exciting day ahead…off to get the Xmas trees and put up the decorations plus a grory hop….busy busy busy…..

Have a great one peeps!…nearly weekend!

Comment

• You try to get a good night's sleep and then get wakened by women bletherin, this is a rediculus time to be up in the mornin, I still need some beauty sleep, waken me at a more respectable time please girls
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

I remember jack frost on the windows. I also remember my first 'continental quilt'. I had loads of allergies and the hospital told my mum about them, so I was given one for Christmas with a pretty cover and matching pillowslips. Perhaps the best Christmas present I've ever had. I still remember being shocked that my feet weren't pinned unnaturally flat by tucked-in sheet and blankets. Plus it was easier to read underneath!

So, today brings rain and wind again, apparently. Very overcast at the moment.

Got a very busy day ahead so better get going. Mr Snoop is still fast asleep so it'll be a while before coffee gets made. Meanwhile, I'll put the kettle on again for more brews. Only shop biscuits, I'm afraid. But better than nothing (unless you're dieting, which I should be...).

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X