This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

I think we were spoilt with the few days of sunshine recently. Today it is cold with a covering of snow and light snow fluttering about. Brrrrrrrrr! First priority was to light the woodburner which hasn't been on for the last 3 or days. Recieved some chrysanth plants yesterday so need to pot those on along with some Jalapeno's ready for potting.
    I am in the process of taking a hedge out and getting it replaced with a fence. Today I hope to progress with the arduous task of digging and chopping out the large privet roots. Took me 4 hours yesterday to do about two metres and I have 12 metres to dig out in total!
    Kato to wak first though so TTFN.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

A mix of rain, sleet and snow forecasted for us today, the GH temps only 6c so my toms etc will be staying on the windowsills.

GF I take it that you won't be leaving positive feedback.

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        We are back home and it's a grey start to the day.
        Appointment with the hairdresser this lunchtime.
        Hope to sow my tomatoes this afternoon.

Snoop, After spending a month in Spain I can understand how they are able to reduce restrictions.
        The mask wearing has been much stricter and seems to have paid off.

My sister has improved slightly and doctors are in discussion with insurance company to see if it's possible to fly her home by air ambulance.

Lots to do in the garden so that should keep m busy.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear from you, Bramble. You and your family will be glad to have your sister back home, for sure.

Comment

• Good to see you back safely bramble.
            And good to hear some more positive news about your sister.I’ll keep my fingers crossed for her x
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bramble its good to hear your sister is improving xx

Comment

• Happy to hear from you and I hope you get your sister home soon, Bramble. I'm glad that she is improving.

Comment

• Back again. I mentioned earlier that I got an email from Su****s seeds asking for feedback this morning. As you can imagine my feedback wasn't complimentary, partly because of their lack of speed and also because I am not impressed with the germination of some of the seeds.......both varieties of tomatoes. However since then I have had three more emails from them, very apologetic and urging me to contact them. I'll plant some more of the tomato seed to see if germination rates improve before I contact them but usually tomatoes are more reliable germinators for me than peppers and aubergines which I planted at the same time and which are growing well. Due to their prompt reply however they will probably get a second chance as in previous years I have been happy with their products.

Comment

• Good evening, definitely a lot colder today, went for a shopping and the temperature showed 4c, yesterday about the same times 14c. once back home I went for a long walk with the dogs, I have decided to push myself a bit more, as for the past four months I have mostly been in the house looking after OH, who is now fortunately, started moving about a bit more, though her back is still a bit sore, once back home I had a look at the micromesh tunnel and though I was considering making a movable end piece, I decided to get the darning needle out and add a bit onto the end section, all that practice of, darning torn trousers and shirts, when I was a boy came in handy still don't know how my mother always knew what I had done, after all diffrent coloured threads could have happened at the manufacturers and wonky lines and additional seams could simply have been someone applying a bit of artistic licence but she wasn't happy till she gave me a letherin, just in case ​​​​​​, anyway got the additional bits added just before the snow started, which fortunately didn't last that long, well now going to do a bit of reading before bedtime, keep safe, keep strong and think of others when out and about, pass on a smile, God bless
                    ​​​
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      It's just started snowing heavily, huge flakes and it's settling. No doubt the damson blossom is a goner.Everyone's magnolias will frost too, and they have been glorious this year, I don't think I've ever seen magnolias so covered in flowers before.

Kettle's on for another brew, and it's definitely a day for porridge

Stay safe and warm all.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice and easy does it, Rary. And no climbing ladders with darning needles in your pockets.

The smiles are milling around here, as I'm about to bake some mini chocolate magdalenas. I made the mixture last night. Now just got to do the tedious bit of measuring it all out into the little paper cups. Doubtless the smiles will set off as soon as they've enjoyed the smell.

Other than that, quite a busy day ahead. Cloudy and windy but should be OK for a bit of outdoor doings here.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          wow…snow eh?
                          We were supposed to have a few flocons of snow here too this morning….but they’ve not appeared as yet and the sun is now trying to break through.

I could do with doing a grory hop today but I’m wondering if we can eek things out until next week when I know I have to go to the diy store again.

Talking of baking…has anyone got a tried and tested recipe for Portuguese custard tarts? I saw a YouTube video on them a while ago and the thought keeps buzzing around my head

rary - your talk of darning brought back fond memories of my granny darning grandpa’s socks! She taught me how to do it .
                          After my MIL died I found a Victorian wooden darning mushroom in her sewing box - which had belonged to her mother…and I still have it….and will pass it onto my granddaughter.
                          I hand knitted a few pairs of knee length socks in my teens - I loved wearing them although they needed garters and regular heel darning so I eventually reverted back to good old M&S over the knee socks which were all the rage at the time and didn’t need hand washing!
                          It does make you realise how time consuming just making, washing and regularly repairing something as ‘simple’ as a pair of socks actually was. Then times it by however many children there were in those large Victorian families.
                          It’s always good to reflect back so as to appreciate the luxuries we have today which we just take for granted isn’t it?

Right…so porridge it is the MH…with a splodge of my daughters honey!

Enjoy your day peeps …keep warm….
                          Last edited by Nicos; 31-03-2022, 10:04 AM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I'm sharing Mothhawk's snow :today, so its back to wearing lined trousers and fleecy jumpers will see how it goes but it looks like I'll be using the car for the Grory hop instead of my trolley.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02801.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2543581For those who do not spurn buns for breakfast, there are plenty of these: Terry's chocolate orange in cake form. Mini magdalenas, so not too big even if you're dieting. The smiles have set off (no choice - they got swept up by the wind, which is now kicking up) and I've put the coffee on. Help yourselves

Comment

• It was freezing when I went to bed last night but the first time I awoke this morning, while it should have still been dark, there was that weird glow coming through the windows. A good covering of snow. I should have taken a photo. Instead I had a peep out, turned the thermostat up, called in the bathroom and then jumped back into bed as fast as possible to use Mr GF as my personal hot water bottle.😴

It's 2°C now, the snow has disappeared and the sun keeps appearing but evidently we have an 85% chance of more snow by 10am.🥶 Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere in a hurry this morning and if I do go out the ski trousers will be worn. The thing that really upsets me is that I really ought to temporarily put my sandals back in tne wardrobe and wear something sensible on my feet.....I haven't yet!

Oh joy! Mr GF has just made me a coffee!

Magdalena for me please!
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 31-03-2022, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X