Snoring

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone hand me The Gun....
    With both Trousers and I having had 'The Dreaded Lurgy' a number of times lately, we've resided in separate rooms, to minimise exactly how many times we actually pass the bug to each other, and backwards, and forwards....

I'm at the stage now, where I can wrap a pillow right around my head, and I can still hear him snoring down the landing from the spare room.
    Even the cat vacated last night in preference to sleeping in 'big bed' with me.

Tonight, I've taken it a step further, and closed the door to the spare room.
    Thank You Piglet for the box of EarPlugs you gave me a year ago.

See Wellie close door, put earplugs in, wrap pillow round head, pull full-tog duvet over head, snuggle down and go "I can still hear you!!"

Comment

other way round in this house, it was/is me that snores. Have done for years, but things 'apparently' got worse this year (for some reason i've never been aware of me snoring). While on holiday in Majorca, i bought some of those nasal strips. Hubby said they weren't working, so the first night that i left them off, i woke up to find him try to attach one to my nose, (very frightening lol). Apparently there were some French guests staying in the room next door, and had come knocking on the door, asking OH to stop me making such a row. As is usually the case, i slept through the whole thing, only waking up as aforementioned. Next day on the tickertape thingy on BBC Worldnews, it said snoring related to heart problems, so when we got back i was made to go to the Doctors, which started the ball rolling for the sleep apnea tests. Test proved to be normal, but letter stated that didn't mean i didn't have sleep apenea (????) anyway was giving one of those CPAP (must carefully checking for typo) and apparently its nearly all quite in the master bedroom. I say nearly because apparently/allegedly OH was having the snoring in triplicate, me Bruce (rottie) and Charlie (cavalier). Now he wants to know if they do CPAP machines for dogs lol. Thing is i've been going to the doctors on and off for over 30 years complaining of never 'waking' up in the morning, never feeling that i'd slept, although i knew i had, and it was always put down to depression. Since having the machine i now 'wake' up in the morning, have come off anti depression tablets (was on ones that only psychatrist (excuse spelling) could prescribe) and feel 1000% better.

I now tell everybody that tells me someone snores/someone's complaining of them snoring to get to the doctors and get checked out.

m3bfs

Comment

Sorry couldnt help laughing at that m3bfs
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
          Sorry couldnt help laughing at that m3bfs
          was it one bit in particular or all of it lol

Comment

Most of it lol. when we go camping its funny cos I keep telling OH to shush when he snores cos I dont want any funny looks next day.
            and ends with backache

Comment

Snoring....

...I'm downstairs and I can still hear him. I really cannot take any more. The BH is a wonderful person until he goes to sleep.

Just lately, I've had more than enough to deal with. My Dad has had a huge heart op and is still quite confused, and his hands have lost all feeling. My eldest son is very unhappy and I can't get to the cause of it. A member of our family was the administrator for our company and last year she virtually emptied our accounts because of an online gambling addiction. We can't afford to get this money back and my inlaws think I'm mean because I want it back and they are making life hell. Earlier this year, my personal account was hacked big time and I'm still fighting to get this money back. And I'm still not quite back to 'normal' after being hit by a car at Tescos.

So sleep isn't something that's coming often.....and the BH is up there making the most horrendous racket. My mother's deaf old dog is staring at the closed bedroom door wondering what the hell it is on the other side. When nudged, he wonders what's going on as he says he doesn't snore. I know he isn't doing it on purpose, but it feels like that just now.

Someone tell me I'm not alone! I used to think the monster was under the bed, now I know it's in it.............

Jules
              Last edited by julesapple; 20-08-2010, 12:43 AM.
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Most men snore gal- some louder than others.
                Used to drive me mad- now I just think - ah well- I'm glad to have him and give him a big cuddle and get out a book or come onto my lappy. Then have a snooze during the day to catch up.
                Nasal polyps, booze, overweight , sleeping on back...have you looked into what is contributing to his snoring?..and tried different remedies?( although nothing ever seems to stop it does it?)
                I think there was a thread on snoring remedies a while back
                If all else fails- record him so he can understand why you are getting so upset....then he won't get so annoyed when you keep waking him up.
                There will be one position he won't snore in so loudly so you can poke and encourage him into it by moving his head and an arm and gently talking to him.

Nope you're not alone,,,but it does sound like youre having a rough time of it gal...but your poblems are also his- so you need to try and work together on everything.

Failing that - a good shove or two to the shoulder can be very rewarding!!!
                ( for about 30 seconds!)
                Last edited by Nicos; 20-08-2010, 05:32 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Its not just the men folk that snore, when I am at home and I have Mme Pastis au lit, its like having a small colony of wild boar in the bed, she really does make a staggering amount of noise for someone so small.
                  She has tried everything to stop it, and has in fact just seen the doctor again about it only last week, but if you snore, you snore.
                  I also resort to shoulder barges at regular intervals, but nothing seems to work. Chez moi its not a problem as I have spare bedrooms but chez her its a nightmare and I am always tired.
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Jules I know what you mean, OH was like that until I told him to get help or I would leave, it was that bad, months of no sleep or even years in my case getting worse. The doctor sent him to a sleep clinic and he has sleep apnia and now wears a cpap yes it makes a slight noise but soooo much better than snoring as its a constant sound rather than a loud noise.
                    I would try and persuade him to see the doc, first time OH went he was told to loose weight which isnt gonna happen and he has put more weight on. When he went back with my threat of leaving doc sent him off to clinic.
                    and ends with backache

Comment

Yeh...those machines are getting very commonly used aren't they?
                      We have 2 friends who use them- and they say they have a superb quality of sleep and wake up refreshed ( and presumably their OH's do too)

A visit to a clinic is a good idea ......
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Yeh...those machines are getting very commonly used aren't they?
                        We have 2 friends who use them- and they say they have a superb quality of sleep and wake up refreshed ( and presumably their OH's do too)

A visit to a clinic is a good idea ......
                        I cant believe the difference it has made, sometimes he takes it off and he snores so I shout at him to put it back on.
                        I will appologise in advance to all those camping at grapestock, no electric means snoring.
                        and ends with backache

Comment

It's the other three in my bed that cause me a sleepless night sometimes....
                          Mr HF snores (not all the time though) cat one snores and cat two 'runs' in his sleep!!!
                          On one of 'those' kind of nights I go and sleep on sofa only to wake squished up with the two cats- Great
                          but I love'em all to bits
                          Last edited by Headfry; 20-08-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I have to get him to admit he snores first. We've recorded him but he's convinced that we turned the volume up and 'fiddled' with the recording. We've tried strips and gadgets etc and a doctor friend says there are no physical obstructions. He is a big chap 19st & 6ft3, but losing weight is impossible because of his spinal damage.

I thump him often, I'm surprised he still has functioning kidneys...........or I nudge him or kick him in the shins. Once I'm asleep it seldom bothers me, although the loud snores penetrate, the ones that shock you awake.

It used to be that he only snored on his back, then he started to snore on his right side, and now he just snores. Some nights it's worse than others. When we're at home we have much more space and I can escape and sleep on our giant sofa, but I'm at my Mum's tiny wee house just now.

I love him dearly, to me he's virtually perfect....just a few of the wee-est niggles. And the snoring.

In the dead of night, it makes you seem very alone and miserable though. Not nice for everyone having all these noisy snorers, but great to know it happens to other people too!

Jules
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

The doctor sent him to a sleep clinic and he has sleep apnia and now wears a cpap yes it makes a slight noise but soooo much better than snoring as its a constant sound rather than a loud noise.
                              My OH is the same Jacqui, it's a bit like sleeping with Darth Vader but I find the sound quite soothing. MY OH hates wearing it but since it's a doctor telling him he's got a problem rather than me, he's accepted it, especially as he was told he was in danger of having his driving licence, which is essential for his job, suspended if he didn't get treatment.

I would try and persuade him to see the doc, first time OH went he was told to loose weight which isnt gonna happen and he has put more weight on.
                              Same again, mine's in complete denial - he keeps saying he's losing weight when it's blatantly obvious he's put it on.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 20-08-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X