Snoring

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zem View Post

Bless him he spent well over £100 on mouth guard, nasal strips, throat spray and ear plugs
    awwwww bless ........ did it work??

Comment

My cat snored so loudly last night (two rooms away!) I had to go and peel him out of his bed (you know how cats become 10lb heavier...) and place him on my duvet, so he wasn't all curled up in a snorty ball. He freaks me out, as he sounds like a young child moaning in pain. When he first did it I thought the house was haunted!

If it's just the cold causing the snoring, try some cold/flu tablets an hour before he goes to bed. They cut down on snot production, which may ease the congestion.

Comment

LadyWayne snores quite a bit - especially lately. But I can forgive her anything at the minute.

Apparently I breathe reeeeally heavily - about 2 breaths a minute sometimes, but it's like I suck all the oxygen out of the room - the curtains move inwards, the doors swing almost shut, drawers start to open towards me, then I breathe out.

I think I must be meditating in my sleep.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          awwwww bless ........ did it work??
          We've only tried the nasal strips so far, it all came this week and he's been on nights the last two days.

Nasal strips are an improvement but he still snored but quieter and less. It was weird because I could hear him doing the breathing that would normally become a loud snore but it didn’t, it was just a heavy breath. They worked until he opened his mouth, then they were pretty useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zem View Post
            We've only tried the nasal strips so far, it all came this week and he's been on nights the last two days.

Nasal strips are an improvement but he still snored but quieter and less. It was weird because I could hear him doing the breathing that would normally become a loud snore but it didn’t, it was just a heavy breath. They worked until he opened his mouth, then they were pretty useless.
            so now instead of the snoring keeping you awake, it's the waiting for the snoring ....... duck tape over the mouth will sort that then and save him having to shave after he's ripped it off in the morning
            Last edited by lynda66; 28-11-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

The poor bloke has man flu. I think that says it all. Leave the fella alone, you're lucky he's still living!!
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Funnily enough that's exactly what he says too!

janeyo

Comment

Well there's got to be a reason for it, if we're both saying the same thing!!!
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                    Well there's got to be a reason for it, if we're both saying the same thing!!!
                    you're both stoopid??

Comment

It came to the point where I said sort it or leave, He said there was nothing the docs could do been before, since he has had the CPAP he is a lot better in himself, he doesnt feel so tired all the time.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

Like I said my dad had an op ( they took part of the roof of his mouth away and his adenoids I think) and it solved it. Bit drastic but saved the marriage!

janeyo

Comment

my OH has sleep aepnea and parasomnia so I have got some experience of this. I made a little pocket and sewed it onto an old teashirt and we stuck a golfball in. It stops him sleeping on his back and for long enough so I can get to sleep before he starts. He also has a jaw guard thing that helps prevent his airway from collapsing.

There are lots of companies that sell these jaw guard things - they start from about a tenner - they might help
                          We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
                          Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

much to the annoyance of my OH I twitch before and during sleep like tripping up a kerb or something like that that jolts them awake and I then continue to snore........ I'd ike to add that the spare room matress is very lumpy and uncomfortable and has yet to be replaced and its seems to be taking longer than is normal.......... I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                              you're both stoopid??
                              Or both right?
                              Bob Leponge

Comment

OH snores no matter how he sleeps, on his back, front, sides, upside down !!!
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X