Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

broadband with a cut off phone line .... anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bride
    Just to let you know, dont ever tell anyone where I live you "run a 4 pute network"
    You will either be inundated with calls or arrested.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

thats cheery bob lol

thanks 2 sheds ...... i did sign up for the 16mbps, but my line wouldn't do it, so i'm on the 8mbps with o2 ....... i've had an o2 mobile for years as that's the best option for me and i spend roughly £15 every 2 months, and the first month includes 150 mins evening and weekend calls and 300 texts.

guess i'll just pay the bill then see what happens, though i am likeing the £4.50 option from BT

Comment

ok it's kinda sorted ........ my bt line was completely disconnected and my account closed ...... so BB works without having to have the bt line ....... anyway have decided to go for the bt basic thing cos it's been costing me a fortune on my mobile with all these 0800 and 0845 numbers i keep having to ring........ if anyone wants to do this and avoid being passed from pillar to post (cos apparently no one from bt has heard about bt basic ) for 3 days and waiting for ringbacks and save it costing £15 on your mobile........ the direct phone number is 0800800864
        Last edited by lynda66; 01-12-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          This is the O2 deal:

" If you have any o2* mobile you can get unlimited broadband at specially discounted rates; 8 Mbps is £7.50/month, 16 Mbps is £10/month or 20 Mbps is £15/month.

Connection is free plus you get a wireless router and free technical help thrown in. It doesn't impose a download limit, though it is subject to a 'fair usage' policy. It's only available to roughly 50% of the country at the moment, though this should increase.

If you're willing to play the system, it's possible to get cheap unlimited broadband just by grabbing a free PAYG sim. Simply pick up a free sim* and top up by £10 every three months to qualify for the cheap broadband"
          these deals are GREAT, unfortunately they all require a BT line, ( not that you have a phone with BT, just the line), if you don't you have to pay BT to put one in. so it would cost me £150 before i can even consider switching, and i would have to downgrade speed wise wherever i went, cos no phone line will carry a speed as fast as cable.
          Last edited by BrideXIII; 01-12-2008, 06:14 PM.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

lol sowwy bride ...... was only trying to help lol

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              lol sowwy bride ...... was only trying to help lol
              daft bat!! of course it helps , other people!
              most people these days have a bt line, some have both, we were just unlucky to have been used as an experiment when the places were built.

for people with a BT line there are dozens of other companies doing broadband, and some really good offers out there.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

well we're stuck with a bt line ..... we haven't got cable.

Comment

the kids want to do one of those 'free laptop' deals, again we can't lack of a BT line, sux having just cable sometimes.
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

yeah unfortunately the free laptop isn't free, it costs about £20 more than just the internet would

Comment

yeah unfortunately the free laptop isn't free, it costs about £20 more than just the internet would
                      thats a given, however a lappy for £20 when you were going to have BB anyway is not to be sniffed at.
                      Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

yeah but you can get one from other companies for around a tenner a month ....... and get cheaper broadband ..... AOHELL is one of the dearest

Comment

yeah but you can get one from other companies for around a tenner a month ....... and get cheaper broadband ..... AOHELL is one of the dearest
                          I wouldn't use AOL if my life depended on it LOL
                          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

so really even if you had a bt line ...... you wouldn't be getting a laptop, as their deal is with AOL lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                              I have a virgin line, when these houses were built, ntl was locating in this area and put the lines in for free.
                              You are confusing Cable with ADSL (Broadband).....

NTL/Virgin is Cable. The cable can provide anything. Fire Alarms/Video/Voice/Data.

ADSL. uses the second pair on your phone line.

The resasion you still have ADSL and no voice is that they haven't got round to unplugging you at the exchange. For you to keep getting ADSL you will need a fixed line.

If you have a mobile you could try buying a data package on that and run you laptop via the mobile.
                              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                                You are confusing Cable with ADSL (Broadband).....

NTL/Virgin is Cable. The cable can provide anything. Fire Alarms/Video/Voice/Data.

ADSL. uses the second pair on your phone line.

The resasion you still have ADSL and no voice is that they haven't got round to unplugging you at the exchange. For you to keep getting ADSL you will need a fixed line.

If you have a mobile you could try buying a data package on that and run you laptop via the mobile.
                                you're confusing bride with me lol they had closed my bt account completely for well over a month, and it was still on ..... anyway got it sorted now..... i tried the mobile thing from 3 was crap, and my new mobile won't do anything complicated ........ it doesn't even do photos lol
                                Last edited by lynda66; 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X