Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

broadband with a cut off phone line .... anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool all you need now is THAT job, that you can do at home lol

Comment

yeah, right up until the point everyone and their aunt is doing it LOL, but it will stand me in good stead when i have to go out and get THAT job............when the till blows up, i will know why
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        yeah, right up until the point everyone and their aunt is doing it LOL, but it will stand me in good stead when i have to go out and get THAT job............when the till blows up, i will know why
        ahhhhhh but when my till blows up, i can phone my engineer son to design one that don't break

Comment

My internet is 50mbbs....... and will go up to 100mbbs when they upgrade this year, no cost to me, cos they are cable.

Bride, I thought I was on the top Virgin BB package and I have 20Mbps, are you in an experimental area?

Also, I was paying £59.50 a month, then I rang them saying I wanted to downgrade and surprisingly they just happened to have a special offer at the time, now I'm paying £32 for the same service.
          Last edited by HotStuff; 26-11-2008, 11:36 PM.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

he he, so the ' sublimate ourselves to give our children the education needed' DOES work ??

LOVE YA!!!
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
              Bride, I thought I was on the top Virgin package and I have 20Mbps, are you in an experimental area?

Also, I was paying £59.50 a month, then I rang them saying I wanted to downgrade and surprisingly they just happened to have a special offer at the time, now I'm paying £32 for the same service.
              yes i am, experimental, one of the benefits of being south coast, and YES ring them!!, amazing what special offers appear when you are about to disappear, mine was a year ago £85, the trick is whatever package you UPgrade to ties you in for a year, once that is over, dont sign for a new package, downgrades dont tie you in, upgrades cost you 12 months, they cant tie you into a downgrade for 12 months cos then you cant upgrade! so once you have done your contract you have them over a barrel, they cant tie me down cos i keep asking them , are you going to impliment PHORM, they cant answer ( cos they are going to try without admitting it) so i wont sign.we compromise
              Last edited by BrideXIII; 26-11-2008, 11:42 PM.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

indeedy it does lol love ya too

Comment

are you going to impliment PHORM, they cant answer
                  Agree, Phorm is the spawn of Satan. Any idea when they're rolling out 50Mb to the rest of us?
                  Last edited by HotStuff; 26-11-2008, 11:53 PM.
                  There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
                    Agree, Phorm is the spawn of Satan.
                    get ya coat............you scored

i heard this year, but they are also talking about an upgrade for those that have it already, i can't keep up, truth is we will get what we get when we get it, and be gratefull.
                    Last edited by BrideXIII; 26-11-2008, 11:56 PM.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

I'm blushing

So 20mbps translates to about 7GB/h if it's working at optimal, does that mean you can achieve around 17GB/h?
                      Last edited by HotStuff; 27-11-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

heck hun, don't blush, in a year or so we are gonna have to explain PHORM to our friends on here, never blush for being edjumacated
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir as you seem pretty switched on, but you know there's stuff you can do against Phorm, like blocking certain cookies?

Sorry Lynda, I do feel like we've hijacked your thread somewhat.

Currently enjoying the Joe Strummer bio on Channel 4.

Comment

to call Phorm [aka 121Media - yuk!] the spawn of the devil is to be oh so very kind to it!!
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

I don't know what I'm talking about, I just wanted to help ! This is from Martin Lewis:

"If you've been cut off from BT or don't want/have a landline your broadband options are limited. The cheapest non-BT broadband is Virgin's Broadband with phone* for £16/month which includes a cable landline. If you're already with Virgin try haggling; some users have reported substantial savings on packages after threatening to leave. Some have even managed to get installation fees refunded, no questions asked"

More info here: Cheap Broadband: Get online for under £10/month, or possibly free...
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

This is the O2 deal:

" If you have any o2* mobile you can get unlimited broadband at specially discounted rates; 8 Mbps is £7.50/month, 16 Mbps is £10/month or 20 Mbps is £15/month.

Connection is free plus you get a wireless router and free technical help thrown in. It doesn't impose a download limit, though it is subject to a 'fair usage' policy. It's only available to roughly 50% of the country at the moment, though this should increase.

If you're willing to play the system, it's possible to get cheap unlimited broadband just by grabbing a free PAYG sim. Simply pick up a free sim* and top up by £10 every three months to qualify for the cheap broadband"
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X