Clear All

Originally posted by ailsasyl View Post
    or failing that we grow rice?
    and watercress
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

i think the chit chat is brilliant - sadly i don't have time to keep up and join in so i feel kinda left out - but it's still an amazingly friendly site and good to see people having fun and i know i'll still get advice about the fruit and veg when i need it .....
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        ..... for now....its dark, and cold, and i have dug everything diggable, mea culpa!
        you could always offer to help dig over my veggie patch at home and cut my raspberry canes and generally help me prepare for next year .....

Comment

Some of us enjoy the chit chat, some prefer to stick to the gardening stuff only, some us spend hour on here others dip in from time to time but everyone is valued, that's the nice thing about the vine. I think it's great here and youse lot are all lovely/bonkers/hillarious super friends so keep up the good work!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
            you could always offer to help dig over my veggie patch at home and cut my raspberry canes and generally help me prepare for next year .....
            In the dictionary, under 'Persistent', is a full colour plate photo of Farmer Giles.

It's not that far from Sussex to Surrey though...if I remember rightly.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              In the dictionary, under 'Persistent', is a full colour plate photo of Farmer Giles.

It's not that far from Sussex to Surrey though...if I remember rightly.
              lol i'm doing my best!
              i am a very very busy person - single parent, go to french classes, run a scout troop, etc etc - a bit of help on the allotment would be brilliant - and meeting lots of other grapes would be brilliant too!

Comment

Scarey55 I hope it isn't too late , I only got the bulbs through at long last from T&M this week and they say to plant asap. I have two bulbs still to plant but I have heard that some leave it to the longest day which I think is about 20th December
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

lol i'm doing my best!
                  i am a very very busy person - single parent, go to french classes, run a scout troop, etc etc - a bit of help on the allotment would be brilliant - and meeting lots of other grapes would be brilliant too!
                  Can the scouts go for their shed building badge?

Comment

Or you could get the scouts to help clear your lottie FG. BTW I mean't shortest day not longest on my last daft post
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      Can the scouts go for their shed building badge?
                      there is the DIY badge - but they'll be earning that by painting the scout hut - it had one coat of paint a few months back, needs another coat
                      ScoutBase UK: The Library - Badges - Scout Badges: D.I.Y.

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                      Or you could get the scouts to help clear your lottie FG.
                      you mean get them working on the smallholder badge??
                      ScoutBase UK: The Library - Badges - Scout Badges: Smallholder

would be just wrong to use the scouts to build my shed or grow my veggies - but soooooooo tempting ...!! LOL

Comment

I only visit this forum and joined to find out more about gardening and allotments and soon relised that it is much more than that. When I lost my sister last October (07 ) I found that friends didnt talk to me cos they didnt know how to react especially those that we grew up with as we still live in the same area. On joining this site in March I found I could talk about my personal life and people have left such heart warming comments that I feel I have found lots of new friends. Now my daughter is not in primary school I hardly see anyone as I dont take her to school anymore and as a mum with older kids as well I have done this for nearly 30 years. If I dont go out I dont see anyone for days and I live in the town not some far out place that is hard to get to. Everyone is so busy with their own life they dont have the time anymore.
                        I love reading other posts probably because I am nosey LOL. I dont always reply cos sometimes its already been said. It doesnt mean I dont care.
                        This is a very friendly site and long may it continue.
                        Last edited by jackie j; 28-11-2008, 10:22 AM.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

would be just wrong to use the scouts to build my shed or grow my veggies - but soooooooo tempting ...!! LOL
                          it sooooooo would not ....... scouts are supposed to be helpful ..... and how can they get a smallholder badge without growing stuff and its a good excuse to get chooks

why dont you ask if any of them want the badge, and if they do then you have your answer
                          Last edited by lynda66; 28-11-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X