No announcement yet.

Feel a bit silly but...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love hearing about all the 'other stuff' that yous lot are getting up to and all the silly banter about everything not just plants and veg and things. Things that people have written on here have made me laugh recently more than anything else around. I esp liked the sex change of Nicos in the Gardeners Rest (sorry Red, even hubby laughed at that!).
    Rhona, I know the comment you're talking about but I've choosen to ignore it as I don't think it's a true reflection of how people feel on here!
    Anyway, the majority of threads START as gardening related....

Comment

I remember the thread and just igored it, to be honest. Possibly someone having an off day? I've got hardly anything going on in the garden right now and was too ill to even go out in it, let alone do stuff, last weekend!! So, not a lot to contribute to veg growing at the mo. I am reading GYO and learning stuff, honest!

Comment

Aw... you are such lovely grapes! I feel totally better about the subject now and can happily go back to posting meaningless rubbish without any more silly fretting!

And no it wasn't a Piskie post!
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by vicky View Post
          I love hearing about all the 'other stuff' that yous lot are getting up to and all the silly banter about everything not just plants and veg and things. Things that people have written on here have made me laugh recently more than anything else around. I esp liked the sex change of Nicos in the Gardeners Rest (sorry Red, even hubby laughed at that!).
          Rhona, I know the comment you're talking about but I've choosen to ignore it as I don't think it's a true reflection of how people feel on here!
          Anyway, the majority of threads START as gardening related....
          well just cos we are all a bunch of mad keen gardeners, I would hope we wouldn't become so boringas only having one topic of conversation?
          people aren't one sided, and this forum proves that, and even if it WAS all about gardening, we can still have a laugh can't we?

None of you should feel bad about not chatting about gardening all the time, you dont do it in 3D ( ok we can get boring about it but not ALL the time ) why should you feel you have to here.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
            ok we can get boring about it but not ALL the time
            Oh no, I do. I can clear a room in 5 minutes flat - and nothing to do with Jerusalem Artichokes!
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I think I know the post you refer to. This is a wonderful forum with plenty of space to air a variety of views. I would post more about my gardening but lets not forget, ITS THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!!!!
              Its the wrong time of year to sow anything, what I have got growing has ground to a chilled halt and the potatoes in the greenhouse look very ropey

If we newbies follow twosheds advice we can search for most answers we need so no need for duplicate posts

General chat is just that - general, so bring on the silly threads please, at least until I can get back out and start planting again. At that point I can assure you guys I will be posting away with shedloads of queries and numpty questions.
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                Rhona, I know the thread you're on about and affected me the same way - I'd considered leaving the vine for a bit as my only contributions seemed to be of a non-gardening related nature in the main, and not being here would be the easiest way of me not posting.

But damned this addictive place, I can't get away.
                Dont you dare Wayne! Your thread, "what a difference a day makes " cheered me up no end

Comment

I think historically it's always been quiet on the Vine in the summer when peeps have been busy doing their stuff- and also in the Autumn, when the Autumn clear up has been going on. Threads tended to be plant orientated as people needed help/advice.

Now winter is sort of upon us- and longer, darker evenings, we've all got a bit more time to talk with the folks who have helped us with our gardening problems.

I think that's one of the reasons the Gardeners Rest has been successful over the years is that peeps are able to join in if they wish for a bit of humour.

Those who are only interested in Gardening can pick out the threads which they wish to read.

It's lovely seeing people who joined fairly recently blossoming in confidence and offering answers they only recently picked up- or had forgotten they knew about! I reckon we're here to help others and likewise feel supported.
                  Yes- there have been sad,non gardening threads- but none of us need to read them unless we feel we want to/can offer support.
                  I'm happy to share my gardening experiences and Google and give advice as and when, bit of both for me is a good mix!
                  And yes...this is a most amazing forum- and exceptionally well moderated!...I for one am glad to be Grape

Oh..oh..maybe we could design an "I am a Grape" T-shirt?????
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                    Oh no, I do. I can clear a room in 5 minutes flat - and nothing to do with Jerusalem Artichokes!
                    well wait till Bean comes along, then you will be able to bore for england
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                      well wait till Bean comes along, then you will be able to bore for england
                      Yes...we've managed something similar since our baby girl came along... even my own mother who is devoted to her, has been known to try to steer the subject elsewhere...eventually... and we always swore we wouldn't become 'those kind of parents'...I guess everyone does!
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Well, I work from home and if it wasn't for the non-gyo threads I'd have bored myself stupid ages ago.

I often look at the you tube of the army guys doing amarillo...curtsey of Piskie. And the funnies. It's only natural to talk about other gubbins, organic if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          It's only natural to talk about other gubbins, organic if you like.
                          well put - and I have learnt just as much through CC as I have from other areas here....
                          ...and I'm pleased to hear the troops are entertaining you still
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                            Dont you dare Wayne! Your thread, "what a difference a day makes " cheered me up no end
                            *goes to remind himself...
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                              well put - and I have learnt just as much through CC as I have from other areas here....
                              ...and I'm pleased to hear the troops are entertaining you still
                              Oh they do...I was thinking of them only this morning...loving that one at the front.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                Well, I work from home and if it wasn't for the non-gyo threads I'd have bored myself stupid ages ago.
                                Me too! That reminds me I really must go do some work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X