The pre budget report

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    ...... i also got a letter today telling me they are going to find me a job how exciting ..sitting in a chair for more than an hour is agony, standing for long periods is virtually impossible, and when my hands don't work or my legs ....... or even my brain ....... can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Leader of Scunthorpe council?
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
      Leader of Scunthorpe council?
      sounds perfect

Comment

Excuse me for being thick, but are there childminders out there who will accept your children, then sit around waiting for months without an income while you find a job? Are there employers who will give you a job then wait months for you to start work while you look for a childminder? No, thought not. So basically childminders are for the currently childless who are about to take maternity leave and have a long time in which to sort everything out. I would have thought that it would be impossible for a single parent to find the necessary job/childcare because you can't accept one without the other
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Your probably over qualified
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
            Your probably over qualified
            you may have a point ...... i got a cse grade 2 in embroidery

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
              Excuse me for being thick, but are there childminders out there who will accept your children, then sit around waiting for months without an income while you find a job? Are there employers who will give you a job then wait months for you to start work while you look for a childminder? No, thought not. So basically childminders are for the currently childless who are about to take maternity leave and have a long time in which to sort everything out. I would have thought that it would be impossible for a single parent to find the necessary job/childcare because you can't accept one without the other
              and thats only for younger children, there are NO childminders in my area prepared to take children over the age of 12, basically you are screwed before you even start looking.
              plus the general idea that the government will pay your childcare costs is also wrong, they will pay for the 1st child, not so the second, you may get up to 80% of the cost, if you are lucky, you have to find the rest, from a part time job? I'd be worse off.
              I am not going to fret over it though till they drag me in there next year, by the time they do, there will be 100's of thousands more unemployed, and less jobs, if they can find me one i can take, then i'll be happy, and if they can't, then they can't let us starve.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!
              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

A lot more people are going to find out how tough it really is on benefits

If you don't have children, the council aren't even obliged to find you a place to live... you aren't entitled to housing association properties. You have to look on the private rental market for a home ... so you end up with the worst of the worst.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  A lot more people are going to find out how tough it really is on benefits

actually it's this very thing that has made me so cross, it's because I am on benefits and i am supposed to be too fik to realise that all they are doing, at my childrens expense, is juggling the figures yet again, it is the old 'Look we are doing something, we are cutting the income support bill' when all they are really doing is switching us to job seekers/ incapacity, so the figures will be swallowed up by the huge influx there is going to be of newly unemployed, more competition for less jobs, and all it does is make them look good.....except it doesn't, they have been using this stunt for years, both parties, and they really think we are still stupid enough to fall for it? Like the VAT, we are not that unaware anymore, get real, we know all the tricks now, and they are not inventing any new ones.
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I was listening to Jeremy Vine yesterday, and he had a lot of recently redundant construction workers phoning in, men who had worked hard all their lives and suddenly couldn't get a job, any job.

It was a piece on "do the JobCentres help you to find work?"

No they don't. They employ people who couldn't get a job anywhere else, in my experience. They make you apply for non-existent jobs, waste hours looking through totally unsuitable "vacancies" (at the other end of the country, cos there's nothing locally), and get you to sign up to courses that use up a bit of your time, but lead to nowhere.

My BiL has just been persuaded to borrow £500 to do a course that won't get him a job, because there are 50 fitter, younger men applying for those jobs. It's a big con.

It would be better to get the unemployed to do some studying or community/voluntary work to build up their skills and get them out of the house.
                    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 27-11-2008, 07:55 AM.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X