Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Its wet and windy here hopefully it'll clear when i'm of on the Grory hop.

Snoop it'll be worth all your efforts to see your log stores full. have a good soak in the bath after.

Its the last day to post your entries for the VVS
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Hardly slept last night…mustn’t have worked hard enough yesterday!

Gf…yep…it’s a yucky sickly sweet smell, and along with fibreglass it was a horrid job. But…it’s all chucked out of the window now
      We were considering only pulling out one side of the A shaped ceiling/ walls but we’re glad we did it all cos it’s thrown up a few hidden issues we need to sort out. Nothing is ever straight forward is it?
      A roofer friend is coming over later today just to give the nod or advise otherwise as to how to resolve the issues.

Oh and speaking of wood and of later on today, OH is going to collect the wood money from the guy who didn’t respond. A text saying we would be going to the police seemed to motivate him.
      Shame it came to that. I do like to think people are basically honourable but quite clearly there are still plenty who aren’t.
      So much for trying to support a small new business

We lit the wood stove again yesterday - the house is more draughty without the bedroom insulation. I did manage to cook two roasting tins full of veggies in it though which was great!… and yummy!

Enjoy your day peeps…
      Hope your son is improving Peteyd…poor lad.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh…Snadge…forgot to say - we had 5C last night…I was half expecting a frost!
        When I looked outside to check at 5.30 this morning it was a clear sky - and guess what?…I saw a shooting star!
        Wish made …

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Another beautiful day here however all good things must come to an end.
          We are packed and ready to go to the airport.
          Not looking forward to facing the colder weather.
          Have a good day all.
          See you on the other side.5

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Like most, it's wet, windy, and cold here, just reminding me that tomorrow is October and winter is not far away. Picked up a bag of Cox apples for a pound yesterday from an honesty stall in the next village and I've discovered they are wonderful cookers. I must go back and see if there are any more to be had.

I've never tried cooking them before, but I think they are far superior to bramleys. Why is it that the English divide apples into cookers and eaters?
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Safe trip back bramble….wow - that month flew by!

Comment

• MH…Cox apples keep their shape pretty well when cooked - try a tarte tatin with them if you manage to get more!

Comment

• Raining today. Did the grory hop earlier - of recent weeks Mrs B and I, on shopping day, have been playing "Guess the gap". Driving to the shops we each have one guess which item will be sold out or unavailable. Guesses must be different from each other and not the same as the week before. Well this week has blown that game right out the window - more gaps on the shelves than you can poke a stick at. Makes the game too easy to contemplate playing.
                  Luckily though was able to get most things on the shopping list.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• a much better night last night and by the sounds of things, a better day so far today!

that made me chuckle Snoop Puss

Was rather cold this morning, 7 on our overnight thermometer. Still clinging on to the shorts this morning... not ready to give up summer just yet!
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Well - I hope you’ve all had your lunch by now?
                      Didnt want to put you off your food, but we found a desiccated rat hidden in the insulation…could have been therefor 30 years or more!

What sort of things are in short supply Bones?.

Comment

• I've been shopping and got birthday presents which I hope will be liked. The shops are already getting more and more festive, and it's weeks away. When I went to Aldi on Tuesday they already had puddings and boxes of chocolates, mind you they also had arborio rice which they only get as a special every so often, so my husband won't be going short of risotto for a while. When we were hearing about the impending shortage of turkeys a couple of weeks ago (we don't particularly like it) my husband's comment was I'd rather have that rice and prawn stuff. Actually Aldi was pretty well stocked up and quiet. They didn't have a twin pack of steak but plenty of single packs. I got everything I went for. There's been no queues out of the filling stations here either but they are busier than normal and the BP one had no fuel for 2 days. The weather is still atrocious and the central heating is on.

Comment

• Afternoon

Snadger I loved your kilt post

We went to Aldi this morning and I didn't spot any obvious gaps on the shelves, we got everything we needed apart from in the freezers only Spicy bean burgers seemed to be missing again.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We shopped at a large Sainsburys and also a Lidl. Both were missing a variety of lines which differed between the two shops and included pasta, fruit juices, tinned produce and long life items.
                            I don't think it's down to panic buying, because the missing lines are so random I suspect it's more likely to be supply and distribution issues.
                            Last edited by Mr Bones; 30-09-2021, 03:50 PM.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Safe trip back bramble….wow - that month flew by!
                              It flew by alright Nicos. We cant believe we are home again.
                              We had a good flight. Aer Lingus put on an Airbus because ther was a mixup with flights.
                              We had plenty of space and our own TV which passed the time.
                              Back to dull and grey but it's not cold which is a bonus.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Welcome home bramble. Nothing quite like your own bed is there?
                                Well, I say that but it’s my pillows that I miss the most when I’m away…I’ve got them just as scrunchy and as puffy as I like them.
                                Do other people miss their own pillows or is it the mattress you miss more?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X