• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Windy. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all

Very Misty here again this morning.
      Think it’s going to be a porridge sort of start to the day.
      We lit the wood stove last night and although it went out, it’s still nice and warm downstairs.

I’m hoping to get some decent time in the garden today - cutting back lavender,shrubs, that sort of thing.

Was that you who left the mug of tea out for me Flo?…ta muchly
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Looks a fairly decent morning here, cloudy but not windy and 16°C already. I awoke a while ago, not sure why, just wondering whether to go back for a sneaky half hour.

Comment

• Morning a bit of early rain but thats cleared looks like being a good day.

Grory hop first then I'm making chutney and probably more jam.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Rained in the night. Damp and very grey out there this morning. New cabbages and lettuce holding up. The melon plants are dying back, so don't hold out much hope for the eight or so melons still hanging on.

Busyish day here today. A bit of work and billing. A bit of recipe book perusing, looking for inspiration for the weekend.

The smiles made the most of a lull and set off a while back. Should be hanging about your places already, I'd have thought. Maybe knocking on the windows to be let in to dry off and warm up, even.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning and it's another sunny day.
              Thunderstorm was forecast for last night but it didn't happen
              Taking a coach trip down th coast for the day.
              We have been here three weeks now and the days are flying by.
              Justin week left then will be heading home.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

A rather chilly one this morning, 12 degrees on my way in to work!

we're quite fortunate that out house stays nice and warm without much heating (now we have sorted the insulation and windows etc!)
                we can normally lob a log on the wood burner before bed and its just coming to an end when we get up in the morning.
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Well I did sneak back to bed and had another hour. When I next awoke the wind was blowing a gale, and still is. It's still 16°C. I think eventually I'm going shopping. I want a new rug for the lounge, a new loo seat and heaven knows what else. I also need celery seeds for when I make the sweetcorn pickle and the local supermarket doesn't sell them.

Comment

• Afternoon all. It's turned out sunny and warm, though the wind is blowing enough to make it pleasant to work in the garden. Got a lot of foxglove seedlings to move. There just doesn't seem to be a way of gathering foxglove seeds or deadheading them without scattering millions of the tiny seeds everywhere. So loads sprout all over the place. Not that I'm complaining. I love foxgloves, and they don't need to be coddled when they are moved.

Lots of leaves coming off the trees everywhere, brown and crispy. The green leaves on a stand of poplars I pass on my walk are turning grey and crisp. Last year they were a glorious butter yellow till the end of October.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Feels colder. Yes Bren, glad you enjoyed it Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Quite chilly out. Cloudy at the moment. Only a little bit of drizzle forecast. Everything is starting to look very autumnal after the rain. Butter yellow leaves sound lovely, mothhawk. We have lots of poplars down in the valley that ours feeds into. Will see if Mr Snoop fancies a walk out with the dogs tomorrow (fingers crossed the hunters and their dogs aren't out).

Busy morning, then must settle down to billing this afternoon. No point working if I don't get paid for it.

Hope you have a lovely day, everyone. The smiles are still tucked up here. Too dark for them to be off and out, but I'm sure they'll be up and at it later.

Comment

• Morning all.
                          Chillier here too. Grory hop later then I'll move a few more foxgloves around. Need to get some seed compost too. And maybe some prepared hyacinths for the house.

Here's the poplars last year, Snoop. Don't know what type of poplar, possibly a black poplar cross. They sucker like crazy and are advancing out into the field like triffids.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201103_094445.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	2533625

Last edited by mothhawk; 24-09-2021, 07:15 AM.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Urrrrmmmmm….where did the sun go?…go on, own up …who’s got it?

Last bit of cupboard sorting in the bedroom then we can finally move out the last of the cupboards.
                            Cant believe we’re finally renovating our bedroom - it’s 13 years since we moved here
                            We’ve already adapted our ideas several times.
                            It’s a funny shape with sloping walls down to floor level from the apex, sloping chimney breast and an en-suite at one end and a soon to be stripped out diy wardrobe and doorway at the other
                            Its the first room we’ve tackled without set plans drawn out before we start. Maybe that’s why we’ve left it til last?

Wood delivery later this morning…supposedly - fingers crossed!

Enjoy your day peeps - almost weekend
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A cool start but the suns been out a while, Chutney and dehydrating apples today not sure what else probably a walk later.

Hope your wood arrives Nicos.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Looks grey out this morning but no rain or wind. I got my shopping done yesterday. Apart from one shop for sandals and one for underwear it's my first non food shop since the pandemic started. I was like a child in a sweet shop.
                                I think one of my nieces is calling round at the allotment today. She's finished university now and is starting her first job next week. It doesn't seem that long ago that me and her mother were making up a banana box of our vegetables, fruit, chutneys and jams at this time of year for her to take to her infant's school harvest festival (a "special" her teacher called it to her delight and she even included a photo of herself digging up a root of potatoes) and and then a few years later I remember growing pumpkins for her and her friends to come and pick for Halloween. How time flies! I think today she'll probably go home with sweetcorn and grapes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X