Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got around to cutting the grass this afternoon as it had finally dried out after the misty start this morning.

We took the little man to a "fun-day" thing nearby - it wasn't very fun and we certainly couldn't have been there all day! there wasn't a great deal there. but i did get a Whippy ice cream so all was not lost!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Evening

I miss our local butcher they'd been in business for 70 years cooking meats on the premises and selling everything from the animals, we've not found ham or bacon as good as there's was.

Snoop have a look on ebay for a Kenwood sieve never know you might be lucky. I've had a couple of attachments from there in the past.

Enjoy your evening.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Early start this morning. I'm usually up at around half five for work so was quite looking forward to a nice, Bank holiday lie-in. Little man had other ideas! He is currently running round the living room grumping because he's tired... We've tried telling that he wouldn't be tired if he hadn't got us up to early...

To keep rolling with the weather theme... it rained last night so everywhere is sodden and dark this morning. i might take the dog for a nice long walk after breakfast.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all

Busy day yesterday. Fox bit a hole in the lotty wildlife pond a while back (no doubt after frogs..). I'd repaired it with mastic but it had a slow leak so took it all out, re-shaped the hole to fit our old bath and lined it with the old pond liner to help it blend in. The pond is now smaller but has more volume and the sealed bath should retain water even if the liner suffers further damage.
          Wanted to get it done in a day so it didn't stress the frogs too much.

Enjoy the day
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all

Looks dour outside again.Went for a long walk with the dog around a local reservoir yesterday. I was wrapped up in my winter woollies. The day before had been shirt of weather.

Chill out day today but I need to visit allotment at some time to drop off three bags of grass cuttings.No doubt I will probably so summat while I am there. I have plenty of cardboard so may cover an empty bed with it and add grass cuttings to keep it down.
            TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

Not a bad day here gardening this morning then a walk later not really sure apart from that. on yesterdays walk we came across a zip wire with no kids using it so played on that a while I'd not been on one for years.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Late start for me.
                Hibou brought an enormous wood mouse in last night - fortunately it was dead, but it could only have been from inside the house

Quiet day for me . I seem to have run out of energy

Family tree day I think…’Forces War Records’ has a half price membership for a year on this weekend so at £25 I’m going for it.
                I really want to find out where my grandpa was in WW1 - grandma said Somme, Ypres, Malta,Salonica, …and he brought back an Egyptian tapestry , and recurrent malaria…so I really want to know what the poor man went through.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Zip wire sounds fun Bren!
                  We have a ‘go ape’ type activity near us, but I’ve never tried it.

Forgot to say ta muchly to whoever left the brew outside the bedroom door!…perfect timing!

Enjoy your day peeps…

Comment

• Wowee! The things everyone's been getting up to. Baths are heavy things, Mr B, hope you didn't do your ribs any unnecessary damage. And a zip wire, Bren... Must have been great fun.

As for here, not much done so far. Watered, wandered the world via the internet and now about to sit down and do some work. People are back at work from this week, so it's back to work, sadly.

Rain forecast for the next ten days or so, though not much each day. At the moment, our solar charge regulator is shouting its head off as it's giving the batteries a big booster charge. Obviously hasn't read the weather report.

The smiles are lurking over by the kettle, waiting for someone to open the cake tin with a banana loaf in it. Help yourselves to both.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Well, I did have a quiet day after all.
                      I lit the wood stove ​​​​​​ (yes I Know, it’s still August…but it actually warmer outside than inside the house!)

I’ve made a rice pudding, jam tarts and mice pies !

Comment

• Had a manicure and pedicure and nails all varnished.
                        Laundry and ironing in the afternoon..
                        Spent the evening picking blackberries.
                        The temp is beginning to drop and the evenings getting shorter.
                        Take care all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Well, I did have a quiet day after all.
                          I lit the wood stove ​​​​​​ (yes I Know, it’s still August…but it actually warmer outside than inside the house!)

I’ve made a rice pudding, jam tarts and mice pies !
                          "MICE PIES"!!!! Several more eeks from me. I presume they're for Hibou.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's very dark and not very warm. None of those pies for me thanks! Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Mice pies eh? mmm. Another dull'un here - must say, it's about time we saw the sun

Enjoy the day
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

"MICE PIES"!!!! Several more eeks from me. I presume they're for Hibou.
                                ha ha ha !

She's brought enough in recently tbh!

Nah....mincepies ...and boy were they yummy.
                                Must have been faulty though cos they all disappeared ( could it have been your smiles Snoop?)

No idea what OH plans for today - it's too early for me even to think about what I want to do....probably something involving soil and dirty hands though

Time for a brew though first...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X