X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening!

mmmm…rhubarb crumble…mmmm….

Similar weather here bramble .

Tomorrow we’re off to the market again to attempt to buy 100 leek plants, but this time we intend to head off early then go off in the campervan for a few hours.Those smiles are doing the trick here Snoop

See ya tomorrow peeps…..
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, yet another night of no sleep! Just thought I’d let you all know!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mornin Jayn’all

Very frustrating for you Jay….I’ve actually overslept …that makes a change, but not good seeing as we should be on the way to market in 20 mins having sorted out food for the camper first.
        So…change of plan….market, then home, and then off in the camper.

Its looking like another nice day weather wise again for us.

Right…need to shake a leg ….see ya later folks!…kettle’s on!

Comment

• Morning all

^^^ That's a sympathy like Jay22 , hope you catch up later

Bit brighter sky at the minute, forecast to be overcast but dry again though.

Thanks for the brew Nicos
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, there's a fresh breeze here today making it feel cooler.

Grory hop this morning not sure after that.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Like Nicos I am going to do not one, but TWO markets today!

Like Nicos I am after some plants but have plenty of leeks, so only need Spring cabbage plants which I missed the window for sowing.
              If possible I would also like a couple of tidy window sill plants for my kitchen, The plants I have on there are way past there best and look rather tatty.
              Hope the weather holds. TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all. I woke up at 1.45am and thought it was morning! It was only when I'd groped my way to the kitchen to make coffee that I realised I'd been in bed less than 2 hours. At least I managed to drop back to sleep eventually listening to some detective story on radio 4 extra on my phone. It's quite grey and overcast here at the moment. Windy too. I ought to try and convince my husband to go hospital visiting today (only one visitor allowed) and take him to see his elderly relative. Maybe a wander around the local garden centre as well before they hide all the normal stuff and start selling tat for Halloween and then Crimbo cr*p. They seem to do this earlier every year.

Comment

• Mr Bones Thanks, much appreciated. Not slept much at all, hopefully catch up tonight.

GF, when I was young, way back when, my sister woke me telling me we were late for school. Up I got, washed, teeth brushed, dressed only for my mum to come into our room and ask what the heck was going on as it was midnight and we had school in the morning!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning lovelies.

Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep tonight, Jay22. Mr Snoop has bouts of not sleeping and it knocks him off kilter.

Distinctly cool and a bit cloudy outside at the moment, though a high of 32 is forecast. Even got a cardie on at the moment. Bit of rain forecast for early next week but not much.

Very heavy dew on everything when I was out watering. Looks like the courgette glut has come to a sudden end, as the plants are covered in mildew. Bit of a shock as I didn't spot any yesterday. The squash count is finally in. Barring some weather disaster, looks like we'll have ten butternuts and three or four Crown Prince types. The CPs are, I must admit, doubtfuls, as they're growing in less than ideal places: up a cattle mesh fence and down a steeply sloping bank. Be interesting to see if they develop fully. Oh, and something is eating my aubergines. There are snail trails on the leaves, but I'm not sure it's them. Whole aubergines (small ones) seem to have disappeared and the larger ones have deep conical holes bitten into them. More toms picked for the freezer.

Freezer got delivered yesterday. Mr Snoop has visions of filling it with bread it would seem.

The smiles set off while I was watering. Should be over your way by now. They were looking a bit guilty for some reason, but can't imagine they're responsible for eating the aubergines. Not sure what other naughtiness they might have been up to, but doubtless I'll find out later. Bet it involves Frankie.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all
                      Another lovely sunny morning here and the forecast is still good.
                      Tomatoes in the greenhouse fed and watered.
                      Bit of pottering and deadheading.
                      looking after my grandson for a few hour this afternoon.

Jay, hope you sleep better tonight, I went through a phase like that.
                      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon I've shopped twice, one supermarket shop then this afternoon to the corn merchant for flour, yeast and pinhead oats. It's till sunny here so a good day to be out and about.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Only 12 degs and overcast, looks looks we're hanging on to the cold northerly for a while yet too. It's certainly slowing the courgettes down.

Nearly the weekend (double checks.. )

Kettles on, help yourselves to a brew
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Mr Bones and all.
                            Overcast here too. Things are starting to look busy as the village is hosting the British BMX Championship this weekend. I can already see (from the upstairs window) little kids whizzing round the junior track doing practice laps. Grory Hop C&C later, and I'll have to change my walk to avoid the leisure centre area.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin Bonesn’all

Blue skies here - perfect for gardening!
                              One happy bunny

Yesterday was great- got the leeks from market ( hope you got what you wanted too Snadge?)
                              And of course we impulse purchased some fresh fish….

Then got a selection of pastries for breakfast ( my favourites being apricot tart and pain au raisins)
                              Then off in the camper to an old iron forge which is being renovated. Very interesting to look around and the bonus was that it has a huuuuge field of a car park so we camped up all day .
                              There were no more than 5 cars at a time all day and it felt pretty secluded, so we stayed until 10.30pm!

I was dreading yesterday ( moms birthday) but it was great fun and she would have enjoyed how we spent the day.

Glad your freezer arrived Snoop! That’s going to be fun filling ( and emptying!)

Hope you slept better Jay - it’s draining trying to cope on so little sleep x

Thanks for that brew Bones….anyone ready for another?

Last edited by Nicos; 27-08-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Help yourselves....

Click image for larger version

Name:	82042FF9-CBA3-4090-AB77-1DCD292C198A.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2532099

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X