This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
    OK, Snoop, you can shoo a few smiles my way. My chrome catastrophe is slightly redeemable and not the end of my internet world as I first thought
    Ready, steady... go. They're going at a fair lick by the look of it. Should be with you about now!

Comment

• Evening we've had sunshine all day so I've been out making the most of it.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Mild but overcast today. Still tickling the bathroom but spent yesterday afternoon on the allotment. At least the plumbing company didn't attempt to charge us for the decorator - I still can't understand however, how he smuggled his five year old helper in without either of us noticing (he must have had a five year old with him to paint like that ). The plumbers did ask us if we wanted to get the painter back in but I'm very much of the opinion if someone makes a hash first time they'll do little better the second time.

Anyway, moan over Kettle's on if you want one, enjoy the day
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Slow start to the day. Brought up water from the well yesterday evening and did the watering then. Of course, it rained in the night too. But never mind. Got to have a bit of a lie-in today.

Off out with the dogs and Frankie in a bit. Mr Snoop off into town to tidy up house there for the freezer delivery. Me, I've got work. Interesting work too. So that'll keep me out of trouble. More toms to prepare for the freezer. And that's the day filled, I should think.

Smiles have been hanging around this morning. They know I've promised Mr Snoop coffee and toast in bed and are hoping they might get a bit. I might indulge them. It's a good loaf and with a bit of salty butter and marmalade, it'll fuel them for today's journeys to you. Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: morning, Mr B. Sorry to hear about the decorator. Those situations just make more work rather than less. Very frustrating to have the finishing touches ruined. Hope you can get it sorted.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-08-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Morning all

Bright out.

Bin out first then walk the dog. Might do some metalwork,might go fishing, might go to allotment, might even do some housework?
            Decisions,decisions?
            Ah well, take the daily dose of tablets then decide after that!

TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A bit grey here so far this morning. I picked and boiled up some more blackberries yesterday and put them through the jelly bag so this morning I'll add the sugar and make Bramble jelly. Later to the allotment..... lots of peas to pick. My husband always gets the job of podding them. Also I'll dig up the rest of the potatoes today.
              Hospital visiting this afternoon. I hope the sun manages to show it's face at some point and put some warmth into the greenhouses. I'm even hopeful that I just might get some figs to ripen on my fig tree outdoors in the allotment soon.

Comment

• Morning a bit dull here still warm though, so perfect for gardening /walking.
                Greenishfing i'm just starting to get blackberries mine are going in the freezer till later I still have a few pots of jam left from last year.
                MrB isn't it a let down when someone doesn't so their job correctly, like you say no point in having him back it might end up worse.

Enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• another glorious day here today. i went for a really long walk across the fields with the dog last night, it was lovely but really showed how close to autumn we're getting

I picked my first noire de crimee tomato last night too so rather chuffed with that.
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry to hear about your decorator Bones - how frustrating.

We seem to have a very blustery summers day! It’s really quite pleasant outside, but first I have to try and attempt to make flakey/puff pastry …not quite sure what the difference is yet!

( gf…remember to take a photo of your peas for the competition!….if your OH is anything like mine, only half will actually make it into the bowl! )

Peteyd…photos too please!

Need to find a recipe and get me pinny on - let’s see how much mess I can make!

Enjoy your day peeps!…see ya later!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 24-08-2021, 09:29 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      It was a dull start but the sun is shining now.
                      Today is my fathers birthday so I will visit the cemetary with some flowers,
                      A bit of gardening work to do for my son in the afternoon.

Sorry to hear about the mess the decorator left, you're better off doing it yourself.

Snoop, caught some of your smiles earlier.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It’s my mom’s in 2 days Bramble….the first since she died and I can’t stop focussing on it.
                        Send me some extra smiles over the next few days will ya Snoop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          It’s my mom’s in 2 days Bramble….the first since she died and I can’t stop focussing on it.
                          Send me some extra smiles over the next few days will ya Snoop?
                          Feel for you Nicos, Just had my Dads second since he died, the first is the worst but it does get better. I found it better to celebrate the good rather than focus on the bad.
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Aww…I’m sorry Peteyd…I realise I’m not alone - but thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated xxx

Comment

• I’ve just finished in the kitchen. - been making rough puff pastry aka flakey pastry.
                              There are so many recipes out there!!!!

Having watched a few videos I’ve printed off a basic recipe and fiddled around with the method. It’s now sitting in the fridge chilling before it’s final roll when I put it on top of the steak and kidney.
                              Typically I chose the hottest day of the week to try and make it so there’s been a lot of faffing around with ice cubes, grated frozen butter….

Fingers crossed it works out!

Its part of our decision to try and make things at least once a week which we’ve never made before.
                              My next attempt will either be reattempting the puff pastry…or making those profiteroles.

So now my hands don’t need to stay spotless I am off out to play in the garden. No doubt there will be more weeding involved

see ya later peeps!

Comment

• Afternoon
                                Been dull and overcast all day with a cool edge to the wind. Feels quite autumnal. Popped out earlier to collect four bags of horse muck (the things that make a man happy eh )
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X