This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all

Its still drab but quite warm. Went fishing after walking the dog. Caught a nice fat brown trout. Came back, made and ate the pork dinner, assembled the trellis thingy and now I am chilling for half an hour until its time to walk the dog again!
    TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I’ve just spent the whole of the afternoon creating this years Vine Show classes so I really hope we have loads of entries as we’ve changed the classes and opened it up to as many entries peeps want to put in!

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...tual-show-2021

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gosh is it that time already?!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Nicos, regards the chutney it is old jars and rings, maybe time to buy new ones. Took GF’s advice and put it the fridge and will just use it.
          sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^ good call - after the hard work of making it, it’d be a pity for it to spoil!

Mornin n’alln’all

First up this morning?….best get that kettle on for you all then
            Cant believe itsMonday again….I have a grory hop to do later this morning. Just basics so it shouldn’t take long.

Hibou asked to go out early this morning and I was surprised by how misty it is.
            Dawn chorus is just starting - and the first bird outside our window is a robin. Sounds lovely!

Now where’s this kettle…..

Comment

• Morning All,

WE HAVE SUNSHINE, i repeat, WE HAVE SUNSHINE!

pity i'm at work really...

i'm going to be making chutney at the weekend i think so i'll probably start getting ready for that over the next couple of days - jars cleaned and checked over etc.

Happy Monday all
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

• * looks at fog…..

Tell you what, I’ll do you a swap and you can have it back when you’ve finished work?
                Last edited by Nicos; 23-08-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Morning, we had drizzle earlier but now the suns out and Met office says here it for the day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sunshine here too!!

On the subject of jars, although I am Mrs Messy and disorganised, I made a resolution a few years ago that no empty jars went into the cupboard unless they were clean and label free with a good lid. It used to annoy me so much to have to scrub and soak them before making jam or chutney and doubled the time. It makes me so happy now to know that on the spur of the moment I can just grab some, give them a quick dip in the sink and put them to sterilise. When somebody gives me a carrier bag full of jars now I leave them in the kitchen until they annoy me enough to sort them out. The ones I don't want I take to the allotment for oddments like greenhouse nuts and bolts, screws and washers.
                      Happy to say I made two more jars of preserved lemons yesterday.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 23-08-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                        Why couldn't we have had that weather at the weekend.
                        Our granddaughter has an appointment with the orthodontist so ad it is on the far side of the city we decided we would have a day out.
                        A trip to Wicklow down the coast while the weathe3r is good.

Yes, I always wash my jars and have them ready when needed.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Kind of sunny here. But only because the sun is determined to shine through the overcast sky. Quite restful on the eyes, actually.

Yesterday was a very strange day. Meant to do loads of things and really only did one and it wasn't on my list of jobs for the day: order a freezer. Won't arrive till maybe Monday next week, but rather focuses my mind on getting things ready for it.

Some of my clients will be back at work today. None of the people who were supposed to send me work over August have, so the next few weeks will be grim. But, I'm resolved that I'm going part-time from October onwards. These last few weeks of next to no work have been a revelation. Less work (and less money) is the way forward. Especially now I've got my second freezer!

Plenty to do today to make up for the things I didn't do yesterday. So better get a move on. I've been trying not to hog the smiles this morning and have shooed them out. Sounds like today isn't a day for them to visit Chisit-land, though. When you get your computer sorted out, mothhawk, let us know and I'll make sure they do a special fly-by just for you.

Comment

• All my jars are cleaned and sorted before packing away, its more about making sure I've got everything and know where it all is and there is nothing worse than hunting round for a muslin bag or jar funnel when the pan is bubbling away on the stove!
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                              All my jars are cleaned and sorted before packing away, its more about making sure I've got everything and know where it all is and there is nothing worse than hunting round for a muslin bag or jar funnel when the pan is bubbling away on the stove!
                              I agree so much but it was a lesson it took me a long time to learn and I have to keep my husband from his version of tidying up (hiding things to be found a year later).

Comment

• OK, Snoop, you can shoo a few smiles my way. My chrome catastrophe is slightly redeemable and not the end of my internet world as I first thought
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X