Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Jay and All Good job you found them now jay! Drizzly here. Haircut later, first time in 18 months I can call it a trim. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all
      Rained again in the night but the sun's out now, 13C

Not sure what's on the cards for today but meanwhile I'll get the kettle on - help yourselves
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I know that the allotment needed water but it is now getting beyond ridiculous. Much more and it will float away. We got rained off yesterday and it is raining again this morning. It was too hot to sleep last night for most of the night.
        We're off care home visiting this morning. If it is still raining afterwards I think maybe the grory hop. I'm hoping we've dried up by then.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm up for some rain if you've got any going spare. There's a small chance we might get some tomorrow, so a bit extra might tip it more in my favour.

Done the watering and tied up a few more toms. Our friend up the valley and his friend who arrived unexpectedly are both leaving tomorrow. I've been on catering duty for the last few days, so will be glad to getting back to my normal routine. It's not just the cooking but all the washing-up as well. Mr Snoop is the resident dishwasher, but I've done a few stints too. Might actually get to finish the toms off tonight if I don't have to cook another feast.

Frankie slept on the bed last night. Penny, our other cat, was not best pleased, but at least he was peaceful until 6.15 am, when he decided my arm looked like it needed subduing in a fight. Could be worse. He's out practising his hunting skills at the moment. He's managed to kill a cabbage already today...

Have a good day, everyone. Plenty of smiles as per. Help yourselves.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Rain is predicted by 10am here today, so I'd best be off out for a walk before it comes. Catch you all later
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, i've been out weeding and tying in plants seeing as we've got more rain later.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Cloudy here as well with showers forecast.
                Tomatoes tied up, fed and watered.
                Flowers, sweetpeas and cosmos deadhead.
                A bit of weeding while the ground is soft.
                Off to the post office shortly.
                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon,had a busy few days,bedroom coming along,ready for paper,on reading instructions,am wondering if i got the wrong paste,got solvite strong,but it's a paste the wall paper,so need advice on that one,am having everything new,the colours are mauve and light grey theme,i also fancy a sleigh bed ,son is doing me more than proud,granddaughter is coming for tea from work later on ,have also been introduced to the mackdonalds,the hot choc,fries and a chicken wrap only,it was tasty and a nice change sitting in sons car eating and chatting,he is driving me about to look at,and buy what we need,i now have a very different life,i feel like my wings are starting to grow,as in getting a life,new debri netting came this morning for the brassica cage,then it's get em in,same with some very late butternuts,they got 2 chances eh,a patch has been rotavated for me,have a lovely afternoon all
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Eeh, LD. Really sorry MR isn't there with you, of course. But really glad things are looking up for you in your new home. I'm also really jealous: I've always fancied a sleigh bed. Never seen one here, mind.

Comment

• Good Morning All Glad you're getting settled Lottie. Dull and warm here again. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all
                        Pleased to hear things are picking up for you Lottie
                        Damp and muggy here. Visited Ikea yesterday while it rained. It was fairly quiet so gave the chance just to wander without being close to anyone else. Not sure what we'll be up to today but it might be a visit to the large retail outlet near M1 jcn28. It's only 20 miles away but we've never been there (we're usually happier grubbing about growing veg than browsing round shops..). Anyway, I could do with a new pair of gardening sandals.

Enjoy the day
                        Last edited by Mr Bones; 07-07-2021, 04:55 AM. Reason: say hello to Flo who posted while I typed
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

It drizzled a bit in the night and we're due a bit more rain today. Cloudy at the moment. So I've decided to have a holiday from the watering. Finished tying up the toms last night. Probably have to start back at the beginning again tomorrow. Some are already taller than I am. Still waiting for the first ones to ripen, though. Some of the Rose de Berne plants look like they've decided to stop themselves, as the stems have ended in huge clusters of flowers. Not grown these before so no idea if that's typical.

Lots of work to be getting on with, so better shake a leg.

Have a good one all. Smiles going every which way today. I think they've been taking lessons from Frankie.

Comment

• Morning, no rain here yet so a good start to the day.

It sounds like you're getting your new home sorted LD xx

MrB I know what you mean about those large outlets I avoid them, i went once to the jcn28 outlet 20year ago I do visit Peak village Rowsley it's small but does has a good Regatta Store.

Enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                              Well after a completely wet and miserable day yesterday the butts are full and the sun is shining.
                              Haven't de idex what's on the cards for the day just yet.
                              Have a good one.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Had to stay in this morning and wait for the district nurse to call and give Mum her vitamin B jab.

It's been threatening rain all day but only a few heavy spots have fallen, and dried instantly. Do I risk it and go for a walk now, or will the heavens open? The Met office is saying 70% chance of thundery rain till about 4pm but the big black clouds seem to blow across without stopping, then the sun comes out again.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X