This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midmorning all.
    Had a furniture delivery earlier so late checking in.
    We were not expecting it to arrive do quickly.
    We will be spending the morning rearranging and going to the bring centre.
    Collecting my grandson from creche later so a busy day ahead.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

I’m feeling really chuffed- I managed to finish hand weeding the worst section of the gravel drive. It was going like concrete underneath and was blinking hard work. All the rest which is left to do will be a sinch after that!
      That’ll teach me not to avoid doing that bit again for over a year.

Anyone got a spare back I can borrow?

Oh
and we’ve just heard our Covid pcr tests have come back negative - so , unless England goes onto France’s red list before Saturday , we’re deffo on our way over! Yippppeeee!

And yes, in case you were wondering
..we have our full allowance of wine and spirits
that should please our kids!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today did not start well. How on earth did I run out of COFFEE? I went to get a new jar out and the cupboard was bare!!! Aaaarrrrhhh!!!! Not a good start at all. However not had a bad day at the allotment and we might even get the odd shower of rain this weekend.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday No sunshine yet, but on the cards. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Good news about your pcr tests Nicos
            Grory hop for us this morning, every time we go though there seems to be more and more people not wearing masks.. I'm sure they must have good reasons but it does make me feel a tad uncomfortable

Enjoy the day
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.
              I have a grory hop this morning too, Mr B. 8.30am It was the only Friday morning slot I could get, I didn't want a Saturday slot after last Saturday's fiasco.

GF, I intend to give up coffee. I've been cutting down to now only one cup about every other day, and when my latest jar is empty I won't be buying any more (well that's the plan, but will-power is not high on my list of strengths).

Nicos, have you thought of investing in one of those weed burner wand thingys? It would make short work of a gravel drive I'm sure.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all! I'm happy to say there is now a jar of coffee in the kitchen and another three in reserve. Mothhawk it must be so hard to give up coffee. It is the thought of a big mug of it that usually urges me out of bed in a morning.
                When I go out this morning my first job is to buy some glass. I have replaced all the full sheets my husband broke in one of the greenhouses (60cm square) but, Sod's Law, three sheets are non standard size, and there are three more odd ones in the other greenhouses that have been broken for a while (stuck together with gaffer tape). I learned a good few years ago that cutting them ourselves is not a good idea. We were not good at it. The sun is trying to get out now I am happy to say. I hope everyone has a good day.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 02-07-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Morning MrB i've not noticed the lack of face coverings here but people don't seem to bother with distancing when shopping

Enjoy your day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, dull but warm, rain due later and although needed once it starts it forgets to stop!
                    Great news about the Covid tests Nicos, bet you can’t wait to get over to the UK.
                    Off for breakfast...have a great day everyone x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      wall to wall sunshine here!

our n95 masks ( ffp2) have just been delivered (both way protection ) as opposed to our usual blue surgical masks( protecting others against me) I think this is the way to go now so many peeps aren’t wearing masks nor adhering to social distancing.
                      I seem to have ordered rather a lot 
.I’ll be leaving most of them with my daughter and reorder once we get back.
                      I tried one yesterday and they are much more comfortable ( fish shaped masks) , can be worn up to 8 hrs ( perfect for the ferry) and I actually found they more easy to breathe through. Very happy to have found them ( thanks for suggesting them Snoop)

MH
..nice thought! Thanks.
                      we had considered buying a ‘flame thrower’ for our weeds but our neighbour has one with a large pull along gas canister
but they keep coming back much faster than our hand weeded drive.
                      It doesn’t seem to get down to the roots enough as they are protected by a couple of inches of gravel. He’s tried salt, boiling water, burning
.but hand weeding before they have a chance to go to seed is the only thing which really seems to keep on top of them ( unless we tarmaced the whole area!!!!)
                      I’ve never had to weed it all twice in the spring before, but usually it’s very doable ( as I can make time to do it) and it’s actually quite calming just sitting on a mat and gently pulling them out. I’ve had some exceptionally interesting conversations with myself!

I need to finish off the last of the packing, move around a few tubs into the shade, load up the car, then we’re ready for off at stupid o’clock.fr tomorrow morning.
                      ”Allow minimum of 90 minutes at the port before departure time”
.I must remember to take a book!

Enjoy your day peeps
it’s nearly weeeekend again!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 02-07-2021, 09:01 AM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enjoy your visit Nicos and those lovely cuddles with your granddaughter, I’m so happy for you!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,
                          Sun is trying to come out.

Looking after our grandson this morning as his mam goes birthday shopping.
                          He will be 3 on Sundsy and she is planning a garden party.

Nicos, I hope you have a wonderful trip and meeting your granddaughter for the first time,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Glad you're all organised Nicos. I hope the channel is nice and calm (must say I like the tunnel, after my first trip through it l've never taken the ferry again), although there is something welcoming about seeing the white cliffs as you approach. Mind you another welcoming sight was the big water cooling towers next to Tinsley viaduct (Sheffield) on the M1. They're now demolished. I have to settle for Emley Moor mast now.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Rather a silly morning. Got up at a ridiculous time to make cake and buns before going round to see a friend. She has a very breezy open area and a couple of weeks we sat out there to chat, masks on except while drinking tea. Today, that area was full of stuff and it was much too hot to sit outside (we're up to 40 ÂșC in the shade now). So indoors it was. I should have just left, but it feels so rude.

Anyway, home now. Will be counting down the days.

Went to the butcher's on the way home. The second time since January last year. She's a lovely woman. Leg of lamb for raan and a chicken cut up into pieces for whatever I can think of.

Right, bit exhausted after all the stress. Time for a nap.

Have a lovely afternoon. The smiles look like they're ready for an afternoon lie-down too, but they might perk up this evening when it cools down.

Comment

• If I don't catch you before you go, Nicos, have a great trip.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X