This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Much needed rain at the moment. Problem is that once it starts it forgets to stop!
    Looks like a day indoors is called for. Plenty to do though so TTFN.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Had some light rain in the early hours, now the clouds are clearing so looks like a another dry day. I could really do with a heavy downpour to refresh the soil if anyone has any spare rain. Cooler today too.

Have a good day all.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning a bit of overnight rain not much though the grounds already drying out. Its sunny just now

Hair cut this morning then a bit of shopping, some baking then after that I'll be in the garden weather permitting.

enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Raining. Have a good day All
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, tea’s cold Mr.B. I overslept!! OH has gone to work and I didn’t hear a thing...scary!
            Well it’s dull, cool and breezy this morning but the weather lady on our local tv channel has promised things will change after today...we will see!
            Enjoy your day everyone...the haircut too Bren! x
            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dull and cool here but the rain has passed.

Going to IKEA with my daughter this afternoon and it's her half day off.

My daughter in law just called to tell me there are birds, and an injured birding her attic.
              She is in a panic.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Been shopping, it was nice and quiet. Back home now, enjoyed an apple turnover and coffee while flicking through the Lidle excitement (their weekly magazine), now wondering what to do next. Probably pop down the plot to pick veg for tonight's meal.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• It has stopped raining here, but doesn't look promising and looks decidedly chilly and windy (haven't been out yet). The forecast looks better for the weekend however. I actually got quite a lot done at the allotment yesterday so I will try to get some more done later.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 25-06-2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon, hair, shopping and baking done no gardening I got rained of. Did harvest salad and strawberries then water the GH but that’s it.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've tried twice to set off to the allotment and then changed my mind as it started raining again. In the end I decided to do some batch baking instead.

Comment

• Bands of light rain kept coming our way too this afternoon, followed by a cold northerly breeze so the outdoor cukes are now back under fleece.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Internet troubles again. But better late than never.

No word yet from LD about how the move is going/has gone? Fingers still crossed for you, LD.

Like the idea of the 'Lidl excitement', Mr Bones.

Frankie is currently outside, trying to pull a plastic cloth off my potting table. Good luck to him. It's well and truly weighed down. Hope it keeps him occupied for a bit. He went on another dog walk with Mr Snoop this morning. Wasn't half as tired out as yesterday. Seems like he knew to pace himself and not go shooting off quite so much. Sounds like between us we haven't half had some cats.

My veg patch is starting to look good. Still very disappointed with the French beans, but everything else looking green and perky. Apart from the peas, but the less said about them, the better. Maybe I should just give up on peas except overwintering Douce de Provence. Got more seeds to sow but from hereon in, it's pretty well weeding and watering. No more land works. Mr Snoop has worked wonders for me.

Hope you all have a lovely evening. Smiles have been floating around here today. Sorry about that. I'll try and encourage them to travel further afield tomorrow.

Comment

• Anyone watching the tennis? there's a lass "wa haying" on every shot, what an irritating, if somewhat talented individual, I shall put my headphones on and listen to some music instead.
                            Last edited by burnie; 25-06-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Nope - I didn’t oversleep
                              wet wet wet….so we decided to take out the camper and just read and eat a chilli con carne I’d put in the freezer for the camper.

Still out in the middle of nowhere listening to Irish music inside the camper.

Very calming….absolutely what we needed tbh.

Its Weeeekend peeps!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• EVENING ALL,only got virgin today,I got the keys to the new place last Friday tea time,and moved in last Saturday,so pleased it has now been sorted,i did shed a few tears at first,as it was meant be with Billy,am ok now about it now,family are wonderful,and son and absolute god sent,do not know what i would do without him,seeing family,and had a walk into the local shopping area,very different to what am used to,but in a nice way,got a lot of sorting out to do,but no stress attached now,met a few of the neighbours,they nice,was given a pot of home made jam plus a welcome to the street,young chap next door said hello and wanted to give me his phone no in case i need anything,how nice is that eh,the garden has lots of lovely shrubs in it,it will take a while to get it how i want it,but hey,it does feel good to have arrived at last,got a company coming tomoz to clean the oven and top,no way am i cooking in it until,then it's try a cake,am used to a fan oven,this is gas,but manage until i get a new kitchen on the back,my first project is,decorate the bedroom i want to use,then i can have some more of the furniture in,at the moment it is stored at other peeps places,all safe,i feel so much more relaxed and human,but very tired,it will take me a while to build up to living again,after all the stress of the last few years,
                                Nicos i have done as requested and parked up the tardis,all cleaned out and ready for the next person who needs it,
                                I would just like to say........thank you to all those who have supported me the last few months,it has meant a lot to me,so is good night and sweet dreams from a more contented LD xx
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X