This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Bit late checking in…I’ve just spent the last hour trying to round up Snoops smiles…she only has to take her eye off them and blow me, I spotted them trying to dive into her well. I know it’s hot but they’d be safer indoors.

One did say it was heading off to Lottie so we all waved it off. They’re a friendly bunch aren’t they?

Longest day finally!
    I look forward to the slightly darker ( it’s lighter an hour later here) but warmer evenings so we can sit out under the stars next to the fire pit.
    And because the birds start chirping at stupid o’clock.fr Hibou starts bouncing around the bedroom wanting to go out.
    She knows the answer is NO because I don’t want her stalking new fledglings.
    Doesn’t stop her walking over our pillows, trying to drink from our glasses of water, knocking things off our bedside tables, running up and down stairs dropping mortals of breakfast ( aka anything small enough to carry ) next to the bed or on our chests and mewing in delight, bouncing across our bed back and forth, scratching at any research paperwork I leave out or, if locked out of the bedroom trying to get her paw underneath and racking up the carpet or just scratching at the door calling out in various pleeing/ mournful cries.
    And nope, no cat flap in the brand new doors . She used to come in and out of our previous bedroom window and do acrobatics for
    access but she’s not as agile as she used to be.( don’t tell her I said that!!!)
    Reminds me of that Simons Cat video!!!!

No idea what today has in stall but I’m tired…I didn’t sleep well and had presumed last night was the full moon
    Might do a bit of weeding so as not to feel guilty and maybe nip out in the camper to check out a few places locally.

Enough of my nattering…I forgot to say the kettle is on, so help yourselves!
    Last edited by Nicos; 21-06-2021, 09:17 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
      a cloudy start but still no rain forecast,
      Carrying cans of water up and down the garden is tiring work,
      The hose is not fitting properly so fed up getting a wetting.
      Nothing 8n particular on the cards so playing it by ear,

Nicos your cat sounds like so much fun.
      We had two cats but they were lazy in comparison to Habou.

Have a good day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Mornin n’alln’all

No idea what today has in stall but I’m tired…I didn’t sleep well and had presumed last night was the full moon
        Actually I'm mixing up solstice and midsummer. Full moon is 24th, midsummer day, not tonight, solstice day

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Had a good yomp in Clumber earlier - 4.5 miles in 1hr 20. Cheese, crackers and a coffee and now off to the lotty
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon, I’ve spent the morning in the garden potting on /planting out lettuce, chard and spinach but gave up after it started raining on and of. I won’t moan about the rain it’s been dry for a long time.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It was threatening rain from early this morning. We did the " Care home visit" and then went to the allotment. It really felt cold. I watered and then decided to do the " grory hop". We now have a well stocked fridge again.

Comment

• Spent most of the afternoon in the garden.
                Watered and fed all my tomatoes.
                Had a walk to the library.
                Filled up akl the buckets and cans.
                Still waiting for the rain.
                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry bramble, we seem to be hogging it

Comment

• Morning, a lovely day yesterday again, just a nice temperature too! Awake early again, no idea why. Don’t think I’ve ever had this but I have a painful eye!! Not itchy but painful, very strange sensation. Anyhoo that’s this morning’s moan hope you are all well and have a fab day. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Jay and All Sunny here today. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

Sunny and 9 degrees, glad we covered the outdoor cukes yesterday.

Enjoy your day
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• For some reason I slept much better last night than for the previous four or five. It was wonderful. Even better the sun is out and husband is going to do more physiotherapy (make me another mug of coffee).

Comment

• Morning all.

Another chilly night (11.3 ºC low) but a hot day ahead. How plants can cope with such temperature swings I do not know. According to the thermometer, we hit a high of 41 ºC yesterday. I try and keep the thermometer in the shade, maybe with the sun being higher it is more exposed at the moment. Either way, the plants are out in it all day long. I couldn't manage, that's for sure.

Things moving ahead. Got the toms tied up. What a marathon job that was. Also got given some more aubergine plug plants. Pulled one of my original four out to inspect the roots. They hadn't developed at all. Removed one of the pepper plants that wasn't thriving as well. Same problem. Not doing well in all the muck on top of the beds it would seem (in the case of the aubergine bed, just under 10 cm deep). Anyway, planted the replacements really deep in the hope they'll cope and make extra roots higher up rather than rot. Will change the approach to my last two winter brassica beds and not pile the muck on as thick.

Today's jobs: get the peppers tied up at last and earth up the potatoes.

Smiles on the loose again. A giant one going special delivery to LD. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning a sunny day here as well MrBones I'd closed my GH doors and vents last night (thanks Pen) and it was a cool 9.3c in there overnight.
                              of for a stroll soon

enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Loads of sploshy stuff going on here. Temp is hovering around 13C day and night.
                                I picked a pile of rhubarb yesterday during a break in the rain so I need to get some frozen raw, some microwaved then frozen, and the rest roasted and frozen. Goodness knows what it weighs but it’s a huuuge pile!

Got to go out to the chemist later today so will get in a grory hop at the same time. Our lettuce have quadrupled in size over the past 4 days so I need to buy in some tomatoes and cucumbers and start taking them. Yum!

We seem to have 5 dozen eggs again I-need to do some more baking!
                                Looks like it’s scrambled eggs for lunch!

Thank Mr gf for the tea will ya ….very much appreciated

Best get a wiggle on…I’m very much behind this morning….
                                Enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X